Ipsy/MyGlam: October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First spoiler

36329_422364931144167_1085273736_n.jpg

Originally Posted by emilyyygloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you think its tall dark and handsome or body builder? 
It looks like Tall Dark and Handsome, but this is what they wrote: "We're bringing out the bombshell in you with October's Glam Bag... and we're pumping you up with a product that will give you the sultry lashes you long for!"

To me, their description sounds more like Body Builder. I'm not sure!

Originally Posted by emilyyygloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you think its tall dark and handsome or body builder? 

I could see them shipping them out as an either/or such as you get either tall dark and handsome or body builder based on your beauty profile.  That seems like the best way to promote both varieties and create curiosity about the other one.

Originally Posted by mermuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I could see them shipping them out as an either/or such as you get either tall dark and handsome or body builder based on your beauty profile.  That seems like the best way to promote both varieties and create curiosity about the other one.
I wonder which part of the beauty profile they would use to determine this?

hmmmm i'm really curious about ipsy now. i've been with birchbox for seven months but i've been kind of bored with them for the last two. definitely wanting something new, and myglam has looked great the last two months. what to do, what to do.

makes me wish i had an unlimited fund for subscription services :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder which part of the beauty profile they would use to determine this?

I'd guess something to do with what your style is and distilling that down to either bold or more natural.  Who knows?  Just a thought. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First spoiler

36329_422364931144167_1085273736_n.jpg

So I just looked at the spoiler picture and took a picture of the tall, dark and handsome mascara so we can come. Sorry for the glare. 

Is it just me or does the product shown in the spoiler look more like a sample than full size? I know it says we are getting 2 full sizes this month but I wonder if that isn't one of them?

Originally Posted by zombielovrr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it just me or does the product shown in the spoiler look more like a sample than full size? I know it says we are getting 2 full sizes this month but I wonder if that isn't one of them?
Not just you. It looks smaller to me too.

man oh man, MyGlam has gotten me good. I unsubbed and didn't receive a september bag, and then finally decided to unsub to Birchbox after 4 months of horrible boxes-but all this new news with myglam and their first sneak peek has made me sign back up! I'm looking forward to an awesome box with all the hype that's been made! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When I firs got the email it sounded to me like all 5 products were going to be thebalm, but now that I read it again I guess it doesn't say that anywhere. Just that its their best glam bag yet or something like that.

Back