Ipsy/MyGlam: October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just came to check if the October thread was started yet and I was surprised to find 3 pages already lol

Originally Posted by BeautyPhoenix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So last night at almost 1 am some guy came by my apartment with my glam bag... the one I never received, he had totally opened it too, Its like my form said it was delivered on the 29 so he must have had it for 11 days, it was kind of creepy. Either way I emailed them earlier last week and they are already sending me a new one to my home address. Apparently what had happened is when I signed my lease they literally wrote down the wrong address (there are two buildings and they gave me the address to the first one) I realized that and changed the address on the my glam but apparently I didn't change it in time so even though there is only one apartment of my apartment number in the WHOLE complex, it was still delivered to the wrong address cause it had 1037 instead of 1036. 

Either way because of that whole scare I changed my address to back home instead of my college apartment soooo I don't know when I'll get my October bag, I am going home this weekend, but after that I don't I am going home again until thanksgiving break. Its too late now to change the address too and I am kind of annoyed because if I realized what the issue actually was then I would have changed it, but the kid literally kept my bag for 11 days and brought it by in the middle of the night, and the guy even said so. His roommate apparently was the one who got it and the guy who brought realized what was up and brought it by. Its like why the hell would you open a bag that clearly says what address it is and has my name on it. Not to mention its a BRIGHT pink and says beauty subscription. -.-
It's illegal to open someone else's mail...or at least that's what I thought I heard.  That's soooo creepy!!!

I sign on to Makeup Talk for Sample Society and Birchbox, but decided to click on this thread to see whats going on with MyGlam/Ipsy.   I used to subscribe and recieved one bag that I was really unhappy with last February.  After reading all of your posts and watching a couple of YouTube videos of the August and September bags,  I just rejoined!   

People here on this thread seem really happy with Ipsy!  I was pleasantly surprised that there is no waiting list.  It said my card will be charged tomorrow and I will recieve the October bag!  I'm really excited!  It looks like you guys have recieved some really fun products the past few months, and I love that black, white and red bag that people have posted pics of here.

I have never tried a The Balm product, but have heard a lot about that brand.  It looks awesome! 

Anyway, I'm really excited to get my October bag!

Originally Posted by Linnake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bit the bullet and signed up, I already have two BB sub's so what's another $10 a month!?!?!
Thats what I said - Its just another 10.00 a month.  Such a bargain!  I have 2 Birchbox accounts, plus a Sample Society and I joined MyGlam/Ipsy just now.  

These subscription services are so addictive! 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Welcome to the club Nelliebelle1197.

The more I come across other new subscription service the more I'm thankful that MyGlam/Ipsy along with Beauty Army and Birchbox take all criticism - both the good and bad - to improve their services and/or customer service. In recent months I've seen other newer subscription services come and go where the owners or representative of the sites are well less than satisfactory and did not take the negative comments well.

While some people are still wary of MyGlam/Ipsy (especially after the name change) the fact is that they (MyGlam/Ipsy) have steadily improved their subscription service in terms of the quality of the bag sent out as well as the products. Are the products 100% great, no but then again neither is Birchbox, BeautyArmy or even Sample Society. No company is going to send out a perfect subscription to samples every month because everyone has different likes and dislikes but MyGlam/Ipsy, Birchbox, BeautyArmy have all been among those who have taken great pains to make their customers happy.
I just rejoined today.  I was a subscriber back in February, and as you said, the quality has improved a lot.  Ipsy looks like a really fun service now, and seems to have a different "style" than the other services.

Has anyone else had any problems with the billing info sticking on their ipsy account? I am a new subscriber but when I updated my CC it saves and then still shows it as the wrong type (visa.mastercard.etc). Just curious is this was a known issue or I am just lucky...!

Originally Posted by Val Erler /img/forum/go_quote.gif

im just hoping they don't do like birchbox and put completely different products in the bags with unfair distribution.  i love personalized colors, but please, in the same products to keep bag envy at bay!
MG or Ipsy doesn't do that. They usually have very little difference between them but the items are always comparable.

That looks just like the sample eyeshadow quad I received as a sample with a Coastal Scents order.

Originally Posted by prachisrk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sneak Peek #2

From simple and sleek to bombshell babe, multiple eyeshadows await for the many looks you're bound to create! Put your Glam Bag detective skills to work http://mygl.am/OctoberSneakPeek2and comment on ipsy.com with your best guess!

this looks like we may be getting four shadows each, i hope so!!!

I see that people are saying this is something free they got with a Coastal Scents order...yes, a full quad (from what I'm understanding). It's very possible!

could it be that the shadows are a series? the first was in our september bag and we'll eventually get the whole set and case to hold them in..like the series of brushes.

...so, likely more MG-branded makeup? Makes sense that they are making ipsy the "social face" and umbrella business, so that they can eventually start putting only "myglam-branded" items in the bags on a monthly basis...the Cosmetique comparison may be valid, after all.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...so, likely more MG-branded makeup? Makes sense that they are making ipsy the "social face" and umbrella business, so that they can eventually start putting only "myglam-branded" items in the bags on a monthly basis...the Cosmetique comparison may be valid, after all.
Yikes - if that's the case, I just might have to let my subscription expire after the 'annual' is up. But there does seem to be an 'umbrella' cosmetics company being formed. Andrea's Choice nail polishes is copyrighted by "Personalized Beauty Discovery, Inc.," as is MyGlam/Ipsy. 

So, while myglam/ipsy might not have been created under the intent of creating and distributing their own cosmetics, Circus was. I don't know about you guys, but I got a little tired of 'trying' three of the essentially same nail polishes. I'm actually kinda irked at BirchBox too for sending out two color club nail polishes, just in different colors. I tried the formulas (Circus, and Color Club.... and they were not for me). I certainly did not need a second or third time around. Where's the variety?

I sign up for these subscriptions to try a diverse selection of products from diverse brands. The Glam Gloss was an extra, so I'm certainly not going to begrudge them that...it was an extra. And the occasional proprietary product, is okay... but three brushes of the same house brand, then three polishes of the same house brand?  sadness.

Back