Ipsy/MyGlam: October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yikes - if that's the case, I just might have to let my subscription expire after the 'annual' is up. But there does seem to be an 'umbrella' cosmetics company being formed. Andrea's Choice nail polishes is copyrighted by "Personalized Beauty Discovery, Inc.," as is MyGlam/Ipsy. 

So, while myglam/ipsy might not have been created under the intent of creating and distributing their own cosmetics, Circus was. I don't know about you guys, but I got a little tired of 'trying' three of the essentially same nail polishes. I'm actually kinda irked at BirchBox too for sending out two color club nail polishes, just in different colors. I tried the formulas (Circus, and Color Club.... and they were not for me). I certainly did not need a second or third time around. Where's the variety?

I sign up for these subscriptions to try a diverse selection of products from diverse brands. The Glam Gloss was an extra, so I'm certainly not going to begrudge them that...it was an extra. And the occasional proprietary product, is okay... but three brushes of the same house brand, then three polishes of the same house brand?  sadness.
That's just speculation. I wouldn't worry about it until it happens. As my mom says "Don't borrow trouble." This month we know we are getting TheBalm product, and in upcoming months they've plugged NYX, UD, and other brands so I wouldn't worry too much right now.

Yikes - if that's the case, I just might have to let my subscription expire after the 'annual' is up. But there does seem to be an 'umbrella' cosmetics company being formed. Andrea's Choice nail polishes is copyrighted by "Personalized Beauty Discovery, Inc.," as is MyGlam/Ipsy. 

So, while myglam/ipsy might not have been created under the intent of creating and distributing their own cosmetics, Circus was. I don't know about you guys, but I got a little tired of 'trying' three of the essentially same nail polishes. I'm actually kinda irked at BirchBox too for sending out two color club nail polishes, just in different colors. I tried the formulas (Circus, and Color Club.... and they were not for me). I certainly did not need a second or third time around. Where's the variety?

I sign up for these subscriptions to try a diverse selection of products from diverse brands. The Glam Gloss was an extra, so I'm certainly not going to begrudge them that...it was an extra. And the occasional proprietary product, is okay... but three brushes of the same house brand, then three polishes of the same house brand?  sadness.
Yeah, that would be no bueno.  Meh.  I guess we'll see how it plays out.  I'm in month to month so I can always cancel if they start doing all that.  I tried my friend's Circus polish and it was....not good.  Color club from BB was okay, but not top quality.  I'm a nail polish snob though.  Really more of  nail polish brush snob.  Like I LOVE Zoya polishes but their brush almost makes me cry when I use one of my Zoya colors.

ANYway...I hope that they aren't going to start doing that.  If they wanna toss in some extras, that's fine and good...but that isn't what I'm interested in having and not why i signed up.

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, that would be no bueno.  Meh.  I guess we'll see how it plays out.  I'm in month to month so I can always cancel if they start doing all that.  I tried my friend's Circus polish and it was....not good.  Color club from BB was okay, but not top quality.  I'm a nail polish snob though.  Really more of  nail polish brush snob.  Like I LOVE Zoya polishes but their brush almost makes me cry when I use one of my Zoya colors.

ANYway...I hope that they aren't going to start doing that.  If they wanna toss in some extras, that's fine and good...but that isn't what I'm interested in having and not why i signed up.
 I'm curious.  What does a good nail polish brush look like?  I know it's not the Circus nailpolish brushes (far from it too) , but I loved my Zoya Bevin that I got from Birchbox. I think the brush is pretty great too so your comment pikes my curiousity.

Originally Posted by prachisrk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sneak Peek #2

From simple and sleek to bombshell babe, multiple eyeshadows await for the many looks you're bound to create! Put your Glam Bag detective skills to work http://mygl.am/OctoberSneakPeek2and comment on ipsy.com with your best guess!

I think this would be a great marketing opportunity for MyGlam to get promo codes for ordering a z-palette or a unii palette for these eyeshadows.  I would totally spring for another one if I could get my hands on a discount.  If your curious as to what a unii palette is, Beauty Army has them on their shop site. It's like the z-palette except 100x better in terms of stability. No so much on space since they're pretty compact. 

Here are a picture of my own unii palette, and my entire eyeshadow collection.  Yes, it's quite a humble collection, though I do have some a random Maybelline eyeshadow quad and some single Nyx shadows.  Anyways, my Marbella eyeshadow is up on top, and the little pink thingy at the bottom right is a moveable rubber thumb grip so you can have something to hold onto while you use your palette.

I depotted four eyeshadow compacts and a blush compact, added a MAC shadow, and the Marbella into this palette.  It definitely saves on space and makes it easier to see what shadows you have so you don't forget to use them.

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm curious.  What does a good nail polish brush look like?  I know it's not the Circus nailpolish brushes (far from it too) , but I loved my Zoya Bevin that I got from Birchbox. I think the brush is pretty great too so your comment pikes my curiousity.
Heee!  A good brush is like the OPI brush...wide, not fly-away, not TOO wide.  Should take no more than 3 swipes (or less) on each nail.  This helps keep streaks at bay.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Originally Posted by Val Erler /img/forum/go_quote.gif

im just hoping they don't do like birchbox and put completely different products in the bags with unfair distribution.  i love personalized colors, but please, in the same products to keep bag envy at bay!
I know thats what I feel might happen now that they have profiles and what not. I liked MyGlam/Ipsy because they sent everyone pretty much the same no variation but then again there was the issue with the Sheer Cover concealer. Some people were too light some were too dark. I just hope there are no huge variations. 

Oh, I'm completely speculating, don't get me wrong! I am NOT a "beauty insider" who has the owners of the company on speed dial! It just seems from what they have been doing that this may be an avenue they're exploring. (Even the first few Cosmetique packages I got back in the day were stuff from other brands, although it was often a proprietary palette kinda thing).

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Heee!  A good brush is like the OPI brush...wide, not fly-away, not TOO wide.  Should take no more than 3 swipes (or less) on each nail.  This helps keep streaks at bay.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  
I kinda love the brushes on Deborah Lippman even though they aren't really very wide.

omigosh I'm so excited. This is my first month with the sub after they promised new and more exciting things and I hope they deliver. Judging by the previews, they're going to!

I only have 2 sub services. Ipsy and Birchbox. I noticed I had 1 charge on my account for $10.00 and one for $12.99 Has anyone else had a different price charged to them ? I wonder if someone is trying to sneak a higher price by us ? $2.99 might not seem alot individually but times it by thousands it adds up.

Originally Posted by tevans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only have 2 sub services. Ipsy and Birchbox.

I noticed I had 1 charge on my account for $10.00 and one for $12.99

Has anyone else had a different price charged to them ?

I wonder if someone is trying to sneak a higher price by us ?

$2.99 might not seem alot individually but times it by thousands it adds up.
Weird. I checked my account this morning and I have 2 charges for $10 each, which I assume is for BB and Ipsy (it still shows processing so it doesn't say what the charge is for). However, I also have a charge for $2 which is also still processing and I have no clue what that's for. This is also my first Glam Bag, or whatever they call it now. Hmmmm...I wonder if it's related somehow...

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Weird. I checked my account this morning and I have 2 charges for $10 each, which I assume is for BB and Ipsy (it still shows processing so it doesn't say what the charge is for). However, I also have a charge for $2 which is also still processing and I have no clue what that's for. This is also my first Glam Bag, or whatever they call it now. Hmmmm...I wonder if it's related somehow...
I have 2 pending charges of $10 for Birchbox and Myglam ( I will forever call it that) lol Not a Ipsy fan.

I have a $2 charge processing from Love with Food this month.  They offered a coupon code on the box this month.  Could that be it?

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a $2 charge processing from Love with Food this month.  They offered a coupon code on the box this month.  Could that be it?
Oh it might be! What's the $2  charge for? I got the Daily Candy deal for the 3 months and October will be my first time for that too, so I don't really know a whole lot about the service and whatnot. I actually half forgot I had that coming! OOH, October will be FUN! BB and Conscious Box, and first months with Love with Food and IpsyGlam (that's what I'll call it now, I think. HA!).

The coupon code that Love with Food offered was for a free box, but you have to pay shipping - which is $2.  It does sound like October will be a fun month for you!

I just checked my account and it says I'm not subscribed? My CC has already been charged, and when I looked yesterday it says my box was going out. Anyone else have this problem?

Alright, I gave in and joined for the October box... im such a sucker.
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just checked my account and it says I'm not subscribed? My CC has already been charged, and when I looked yesterday it says my box was going out. Anyone else have this problem?
They change your acc to not subscribed after they charge your CC so they don't double charge you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back