Ipsy/MyGlam: October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been reading much stuff lately. Sorry for asking this question : how is this customization done in ipsy? I am clicking everything in my ipsy/MG account, i do not see anything. been member since nov2011. I remember signing up and done the usual choose this, choose that -- is there something different to be done this time?

TIA!
patches.gif

When they redid their site a couple of months ago there was a quiz that you had to retake. If you don't see a quiz now it's most likely you already took the new quiz. If you haven't within the last two months then you'll need to contact MyGlam/Ipsy about it.

And the pattern is indeed confirmed on Ipsy's website.

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't been reading much stuff lately. Sorry for asking this question : how is this customization done in ipsy? I am clicking everything in my ipsy/MG account, i do not see anything. been member since nov2011. I remember signing up and done the usual choose this, choose that -- is there something different to be done this time?

TIA!
patches.gif
There is a "my beauty profile" section where you choose your skin tone, eye color, and hair...other than that, there's only the quiz we took a while back.

I bit the bullet and signed up, I already have two BB sub's so what's another $10 a month!?!?!

I'm loving that bag! Woo! So glad I stuck with Myglam/ipsy. Their bags keep improving! Already hooked by their first sneak peek. I recently bought one of theBalm's mascaras and it's my current favorite. I can't wait to see what else is in store for this month.

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got an invite email promising two full-size items

On the photo it looks like a full size mascara....but in the sneak peek it looks like a  sample size. So which one is it? Or are they just giving the full size to the resubs and the people that have been subbing the sample.?? 

As for the quiz...I logged on and saw that it says my skin is light and other personal stuff...I am assuming I shouldn't contact the ipsy girls (my mac changed it to tipsy girls LOL)

I wouldn't mind getting the old UD eyeshadow in the old packaging.  It's discontinued but the formula is still great!

I hope it's an awesome month.  I have high hopes.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I think they are going to amp things up this month because of the site overhaul And their new approach, I think they are trying to get Their subbies to get re excited about the glam bag and draw in new subscribers...IMO!

I think this month will be really great! Im only subbed to BB and Myglam so I'm hoping for the best on both, cant wait for some more sneek peeks

So last night at almost 1 am some guy came by my apartment with my glam bag... the one I never received, he had totally opened it too, Its like my form said it was delivered on the 29 so he must have had it for 11 days, it was kind of creepy. Either way I emailed them earlier last week and they are already sending me a new one to my home address. Apparently what had happened is when I signed my lease they literally wrote down the wrong address (there are two buildings and they gave me the address to the first one) I realized that and changed the address on the my glam but apparently I didn't change it in time so even though there is only one apartment of my apartment number in the WHOLE complex, it was still delivered to the wrong address cause it had 1037 instead of 1036. 

Either way because of that whole scare I changed my address to back home instead of my college apartment soooo I don't know when I'll get my October bag, I am going home this weekend, but after that I don't I am going home again until thanksgiving break. Its too late now to change the address too and I am kind of annoyed because if I realized what the issue actually was then I would have changed it, but the kid literally kept my bag for 11 days and brought it by in the middle of the night, and the guy even said so. His roommate apparently was the one who got it and the guy who brought realized what was up and brought it by. Its like why the hell would you open a bag that clearly says what address it is and has my name on it. Not to mention its a BRIGHT pink and says beauty subscription. -.-

Also by the looks of it those are the two full size products, we are probably getting another eye-shadow pan that is full size and then the mascara. I am going to try to change my address back but I think its too late. 

Welcome to the club Nelliebelle1197.

The more I come across other new subscription service the more I'm thankful that MyGlam/Ipsy along with Beauty Army and Birchbox take all criticism - both the good and bad - to improve their services and/or customer service. In recent months I've seen other newer subscription services come and go where the owners or representative of the sites are well less than satisfactory and did not take the negative comments well.

While some people are still wary of MyGlam/Ipsy (especially after the name change) the fact is that they (MyGlam/Ipsy) have steadily improved their subscription service in terms of the quality of the bag sent out as well as the products. Are the products 100% great, no but then again neither is Birchbox, BeautyArmy or even Sample Society. No company is going to send out a perfect subscription to samples every month because everyone has different likes and dislikes but MyGlam/Ipsy, Birchbox, BeautyArmy have all been among those who have taken great pains to make their customers happy.

Back