-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Glossybox December 2015 *Spoilers*

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#Post 21 of 92 OFFLINE   MoniqueMW

MoniqueMW

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 02-December 15
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:08 PM

Thank you for posting! So another lipstick and another mascara. And the other 3 items don't seem very exciting either, at least not for a December box, it's a little boring. I do like the color of the nail polish though.  

• Queennie likes this

#Post 22 of 92 OFFLINE   Queennie

Queennie

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 887 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:08 PM

Yes it all does seem a little bit boring. I would love to try that Orogold product though!

#Post 23 of 92 OFFLINE   Cupcakes

Cupcakes

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 23-July 08
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:35 AM

I saw on MSA and Ramblings that they did not receive Orogold in their December boxes.  Hm...

#Post 24 of 92 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:23 PM

I saw on MSA and Ramblings that they did not receive Orogold in their December boxes.  Hm...

It is common to have variations. My beauty profile says I favor skin care to makeup, so I am going to cross my fingers and hope I get in my box. 

#Post 25 of 92 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:56 AM

It is common to have variations. My beauty profile says I favor skin care to makeup, so I am going to cross my fingers and hope I get in my box. 

Glossybox posted in the comments of MSA recently that they do not use the beauty profiles to determine the contents of the box. It's completely random. 

#Post 26 of 92 OFFLINE   lauradiniwilk

lauradiniwilk

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 1,524 posts
  • Joined 03-April 12
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:13 AM

Glossybox posted in the comments of MSA recently that they do not use the beauty profiles to determine the contents of the box. It's completely random. 

Is there any company that actually uses them?  The only thing that comes to mind is PSMH giving people Kendra scott necklaces instead of the earrings. 

#Post 27 of 92 OFFLINE   Jay.Aitch.Gee

Jay.Aitch.Gee

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:18 AM

Is there any company that actually uses them? The only thing that comes to mind is PSMH giving people Kendra scott necklaces instead of the earrings.

I think they are sometimes used when determining a color or shade, if a product in a given month has shade variants. For example, I have blonde hair and fair skin, which I indicate in the profiles, and I tend to receive bb creams and foundations in the lightest shade (with Birchbox) and brow powder in the light shades (Birchbox and glossybox). Unless it's some kind of fluke that I always get the lightest shades sent out that month, I assume they gather that info from our responses to the profiles.

But that said, I have seen little to no evidence that profiles are consulted in determining preferences of specific products.

Edited by Jay.Aitch.Gee, 04 December 2015 - 11:19 AM.

• KDramasinPajamas likes this

"Busy, busy, busy" - what a Bokononist whispers whenever he thinks about how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

#Post 28 of 92 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:27 PM

I will have to find that. Faqs on there website still say: Can you please explain the process from payment to shipment?

×"...Once we receive payment, an order reservation for your box is put in with the warehouse. We have several variations of GLOSSYBOX each month. The version chosen is based on location, preferences and possible GWP options..."  

If I can find the comment, I will surely send this quote that I cut and paste from their faqs along with the comment on MSA. I am curious if they will say the comment is not correct, Faqs have never been correct, or if perhaps they have changed the process at some point without changing faqs? 

Edited by KDramasinPajamas, 04 December 2015 - 09:29 PM.

• lauradiniwilk, MissKris17, Queennie and 1 other like this

#Post 29 of 92 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:27 AM

Hi @KDramasinPajamas

Here is the conversation I had with a rep from Glossybox. It's on the MSA Sept 2015 review page. 

#Post 30 of 92 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:31 AM

From MSA comments Sept 2015...

Attached Thumbnails

• Glossybox comment.PNG
  • glossybox comment 2.PNG
  • glossybox comment 3.PNG

#Post 31 of 92 OFFLINE   drkornea

drkornea

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 23-May 15
Reviews

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:01 AM

I read somewhere that Glossybox has named a new CEO and it's actually based in Germany, so that could be why their verbage is confusing.  Sometimes things are lost in translation :)  Hopefully it'll be better with a new CEO!

• Shauna999 likes this

#Post 32 of 92 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:27 AM

It  does seem like they are trying to be purposefully vague. To me it does not sound like she is saying anything different than what faqs say, though. What I get from that is that the majority of the questions on the profile are to assess in general what products they should be putting in everyone's boxes. When there are variations, there are probably only a few of the questions on the profile that are used to determine which subscribers will receive each variation. I am quite sure quantity of those variations is an issue as well.

I have often wondered what location has to do with it?  I am not sure if they have more than one warehouse(certain items are only available in certain locations?) and/or if they determine the order boxes are fulfilled by location. What does GWP stand for? 

• MissKris17 likes this

#Post 33 of 92 OFFLINE   jenny1973

jenny1973

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Joined 13-July 15
Reviews

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:45 AM

It  does seem like they are trying to be purposefully vague. To me it does not sound like she is saying anything different than what faqs say, though. What I get from that is that the majority of the questions on the profile are to assess in general what products they should be putting in everyone's boxes. When there are variations, there are probably only a few of the questions on the profile that are used to determine which subscribers will receive each variation. I am quite sure quantity of those variations is an issue as well.

I have often wondered what location has to do with it?  I am not sure if they have more than one warehouse(certain items are only available in certain locations?) and/or if they determine the order boxes are fulfilled by location. What does GWP stand for? 

Gift w/ Purchase

• KDramasinPajamas likes this

#Post 34 of 92 OFFLINE   Lindahusker

Lindahusker

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 18-May 15
Reviews

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:54 AM

So I waited to use my last Rue La La for the December box, and it arrived yesterday, but wasn't the December Box, I have contacted customer service, but so far haven't heard back.  I am so disappointed.

#Post 35 of 92 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:58 PM

My Glossybox has shipped. 

#Post 36 of 92 OFFLINE   Emmny

Emmny

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 04-November 13
Reviews

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:51 AM

Glossybox CS told me to start my 12 month Gilt Membership on the first of December to start with the December box... so I did, and Tuesday, I got another November box. And no response from CS yet :/

• Reija, KDramasinPajamas and Lindahusker like this

#Post 37 of 92 OFFLINE   sakura33

sakura33

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 20-August 15
Reviews

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:02 AM

Glossybox CS told me to start my 12 month Gilt Membership on the first of December to start with the December box... so I did, and Tuesday, I got another November box. And no response from CS yet :/

That's weird- they told me the same thing. I kept checking on the code, because in the checkout it said what your first box would be- it kept saying Nov until Dec 1 and said my first box would be Dec. Hope they sort it out for you

• MET likes this

#Post 38 of 92 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:43 PM

That is definitely an error. As long as you waited until Dec 1st and the glossybox website said Dec box at the time you redeemed your 6 or 12 month voucher, you should have gotten the December box as your first box. I am interested to see how Glossybox CS handles it. Please let us know.  

• Reija and MET like this

#Post 39 of 92 OFFLINE   Lindahusker

Lindahusker

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 18-May 15
Reviews

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:53 AM

I finally got a response today, CS said there was a glitch in the system that sent out the November box, and that a December box will be sent at no charge!  I am happy with that!

• Reija, girlnamedpete, Jay.Aitch.Gee and 1 other like this

#Post 40 of 92 OFFLINE   MET

MET

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14
Reviews

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:56 PM

Lindahusker, on 11 Dec 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

I finally got a response today, CS said there was a glitch in the system that sent out the November box, and that a December box will be sent at no charge!  I am happy with that!

That's good news! I had redeemed 4 of the Gilt City vouchers on Dec. 1 (as assured by CS that was the switch over) and the first person has received what sounds like a November box.  Not sure I have the stamina to deal with this for 4 separate boxes.

• Lindahusker likes this

• 2,323,316 Posts
  • 109,584 Members
  • 18,571 Reviews
  • 54,002 Albums