Glossybox December 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for posting! So another lipstick and another mascara. And the other 3 items don't seem very exciting either, at least not for a December box, it's a little boring. I do like the color of the nail polish though.  

I saw on MSA and Ramblings that they did not receive Orogold in their December boxes.  Hm...
It is common to have variations. My beauty profile says I favor skin care to makeup, so I am going to cross my fingers and hope I get in my box. 

Glossybox posted in the comments of MSA recently that they do not use the beauty profiles to determine the contents of the box. It's completely random. 
Is there any company that actually uses them?  The only thing that comes to mind is PSMH giving people Kendra scott necklaces instead of the earrings. 

Is there any company that actually uses them? The only thing that comes to mind is PSMH giving people Kendra scott necklaces instead of the earrings.
I think they are sometimes used when determining a color or shade, if a product in a given month has shade variants. For example, I have blonde hair and fair skin, which I indicate in the profiles, and I tend to receive bb creams and foundations in the lightest shade (with Birchbox) and brow powder in the light shades (Birchbox and glossybox). Unless it's some kind of fluke that I always get the lightest shades sent out that month, I assume they gather that info from our responses to the profiles.
But that said, I have seen little to no evidence that profiles are consulted in determining preferences of specific products.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glossybox posted in the comments of MSA recently that they do not use the beauty profiles to determine the contents of the box. It's completely random. 
I will have to find that. Faqs on there website still say: Can you please explain the process from payment to shipment?

[SIZE=.8em]×"...Once we receive payment, an order reservation for your box is put in with the warehouse. We have several variations of GLOSSYBOX each month. The version chosen is based on location, preferences and possible GWP options..."  [/SIZE]

If I can find the comment, I will surely send this quote that I cut and paste from their faqs along with the comment on MSA. I am curious if they will say the comment is not correct, Faqs have never been correct, or if perhaps they have changed the process at some point without changing faqs? 

Last edited by a moderator:
From MSA comments Sept 2015...

Glossybox comment.PNG

glossybox comment 2.PNG

glossybox comment 3.PNG

I read somewhere that Glossybox has named a new CEO and it's actually based in Germany, so that could be why their verbage is confusing.  Sometimes things are lost in translation :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Hopefully it'll be better with a new CEO!

It  does seem like they are trying to be purposefully vague. To me it does not sound like she is saying anything different than what faqs say, though. What I get from that is that the majority of the questions on the profile are to assess in general what products they should be putting in everyone's boxes. When there are variations, there are probably only a few of the questions on the profile that are used to determine which subscribers will receive each variation. I am quite sure quantity of those variations is an issue as well.

I have often wondered what location has to do with it?  I am not sure if they have more than one warehouse(certain items are only available in certain locations?) and/or if they determine the order boxes are fulfilled by location. What does GWP stand for? 

It  does seem like they are trying to be purposefully vague. To me it does not sound like she is saying anything different than what faqs say, though. What I get from that is that the majority of the questions on the profile are to assess in general what products they should be putting in everyone's boxes. When there are variations, there are probably only a few of the questions on the profile that are used to determine which subscribers will receive each variation. I am quite sure quantity of those variations is an issue as well.

I have often wondered what location has to do with it?  I am not sure if they have more than one warehouse(certain items are only available in certain locations?) and/or if they determine the order boxes are fulfilled by location. What does GWP stand for? 
Gift w/ Purchase

So I waited to use my last Rue La La for the December box, and it arrived yesterday, but wasn't the December Box, I have contacted customer service, but so far haven't heard back.  I am so disappointed.

Glossybox CS told me to start my 12 month Gilt Membership on the first of December to start with the December box... so I did, and Tuesday, I got another November box. And no response from CS yet :/
That's weird- they told me the same thing. I kept checking on the code, because in the checkout it said what your first box would be- it kept saying Nov until Dec 1 and said my first box would be Dec. Hope they sort it out for you

Glossybox CS told me to start my 12 month Gilt Membership on the first of December to start with the December box... so I did, and Tuesday, I got another November box. And no response from CS yet :/
That is definitely an error. As long as you waited until Dec 1st and the glossybox website said Dec box at the time you redeemed your 6 or 12 month voucher, you should have gotten the December box as your first box. I am interested to see how Glossybox CS handles it. Please let us know.  

Lindahusker, on 11 Dec 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:I finally got a response today, CS said there was a glitch in the system that sent out the November box, and that a December box will be sent at no charge!  I am happy with that!
That's good news! I had redeemed 4 of the Gilt City vouchers on Dec. 1 (as assured by CS that was the switch over) and the first person has received what sounds like a November box.  Not sure I have the stamina to deal with this for 4 separate boxes.

Back