Glossybox December 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today! I got the lipstick/scrub combo. My lipstick is pink, a color I don't wear often, but it is REALLY pretty. I got the cranberry scrub. I prefer scrubs for my face, but have never used a sugar scrub on my face. So are they okay/safe to use on the face? I have pretty tolerant skin. 

Got mine today! I got the lipstick/scrub combo. My lipstick is pink, a color I don't wear often, but it is REALLY pretty. I got the cranberry scrub. I prefer scrubs for my face, but have never used a sugar scrub on my face. So are they okay/safe to use on the face? I have pretty tolerant skin. 
I think it should be fine. I've used sugar scrubs on my face many times without any problems. I think it's really just about the individual ingredients in the scrub and making sure you are not sensitive to any of those. I do wish the product label lists each individual ingredient though!

It's not the most exciting box but I think the box is so pretty. I just can't bear to toss it or recycle it...I must find some way to use it around the house.

The eyeshadow arrived completely smashed and a mess. Customer service has always been pretty responsive but I'll just try to see if I can fix it with rubbing alcohol.

The nail polish color is BEAUTIFUL. It's just so...dark and vampy and perfect for the season. I don't know why, but I like this burgundy more than any other nail polish burgundy shade I've gotten.

I got the lipstick color in "First Class," and although I'm glad that for once, Glossybox didn't send me a hideous beige/brown shade, I wish they had sent me one of the crazy purple shades Gold Label lipsticks has. I think I'm one of the few subscribers who actually wants those colors!

I think it should be fine. I've used sugar scrubs on my face many times without any problems. I think it's really just about the individual ingredients in the scrub and making sure you are not sensitive to any of those. I do wish the product label lists each individual ingredient though!
Ooh! So, I got impatiently curious and googled the whole sugar scrub on the face thing and ended up on the FAQ page of the exact brand that we got in the boxes. They don't necessarily recommend their body scrubs to be used on the face because the granules are more coarse and their face scrubs have different ingredients more aimed toward the use on your face. So, while I am going to ignore their advice against it, that is what they recommend. 

I got the lipstick color in "First Class," and although I'm glad that for once, Glossybox didn't send me a hideous beige/brown shade, I wish they had sent me one of the crazy purple shades Gold Label lipsticks has. I think I'm one of the few subscribers who actually wants those colors!
You're not the only one!! I prefer the crazy colors. Although, I'm the type to wear black or turquoise or whatever I can get my hands on that isn't considered normal. But I also like beige/nudes. I'm just not a pink/orange/coral person. 

My variations were the Orogold hand cream, which is huge! (2.5 oz), and the De Bruyere red lip gloss which I think was in the October Paris box. This is my second month with glossybox and I am pretty happy with my box. 

My second box via the Gilt City promo arrived in San Diego today (earlier than predicted by shipping tracking).

-Orogold Hand Creme

-De Bruyere Lip Gloss (Red)

-Glossybox Eyeshadow (Glossy Mauve) *arrived broken/shattered

-MTJ High Definition Mascara

-Color Club Nail Polish (Feverish)

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't have any shipping notification, and still in "pack mode.". Is this true for anyone else here?  I'm becoming the teensiest bit nervous. 

I know Glossy tends to be a bit of a sluggish delivery, but it seems like most folks have already received boxes, or at least shipping notice.  :unsure:

I still don't have any shipping notification, and still in "pack mode.". Is this true for anyone else here?  I'm becoming the teensiest bit nervous. 

I know Glossy tends to be a bit of a sluggish delivery, but it seems like most folks have already received boxes, or at least shipping notice.  :unsure:
I received shipping notice 2 days ago now and my box is scheduled to arrive on the 24th. This is in Texas. It's usually not this late for me though, so I don't know what's going on.

I'm a little disappointed that they're sending out the red lip gloss again, since we already received it in the Paris box. I really hope it won't be in mine, we'll see.

I'm getting very frustrated with my post office. My little lace box that was supposed to be delivered Friday, it just got to my town today. My Glossybox is supposed to be delivered today, but it hasn't been scanned since the 16th in IN. 

I'm getting very frustrated with my post office. My little lace box that was supposed to be delivered Friday, it just got to my town today. My Glossybox is supposed to be delivered today, but it hasn't been scanned since the 16th in IN. 
I know everything is behind or slow for me too because of the holidays. My UPS guy even worked overtime yesterday (Sunday) making deliveries because they are so backed up.

I know everything is behind or slow for me too because of the holidays. My UPS guy even worked overtime yesterday (Sunday) making deliveries because they are so backed up.
I saw the UPS truck driving around yesterday too. I don't think I've ever seen the UPS truck driving around on a Sunday. I heard on the news that Fedex is having a record breaking amount of deliveries this year so I would assume UPS would have the same if not more. I see the UPS truck around more than I see the Fedex truck.

Mine still hasn't shipped. I saw on their Facebook that someone had received a message from CS that refunds were being issued due to "running out" of December's box. I'm not taking that too seriously, since refunds aren't Glossy's style - once they run out, they default to the historically shitty "classic Glossybox." I did send send them a message, but so far all I've gotten is a automatic "due to high volume" response.

I'm on a recurring monthly sub - I didn't subscribe partway through the month, so I don't know what the hold up with mine is...

My December box has been in “pack” mode since December 2, I sent a message inquiring as to its status. Here was the response:

"Hi _____,

Thanks for writing in!

Unfortunately, it seems this edition is on back-order, as our warehouse is waiting on stock replenishment due to holiday delays from our vendors. Sadly, we do not have a time frame yet of when this will be completed.

Do you wish to wait for the December box or would you prefer a refund for this order?"

Meanwhile, people who just signed up in December have gotten their December boxes. I don't love the variations with this sub, but what really gets me is having to worry every month if I'll actually get the box I paid for, or if horseshit like the above will happen. This is what led me to quit back in April, and I'm wishing I hadn't resubbed. Gilt City deal or no, the anxiety about actually getting the box with this sub is not worth it.

My December box has been in “pack” mode since December 2, I sent a message inquiring as to its status. Here was the response:

"Hi _____,

Thanks for writing in!

Unfortunately, it seems this edition is on back-order, as our warehouse is waiting on stock replenishment due to holiday delays from our vendors. Sadly, we do not have a time frame yet of when this will be completed.

Do you wish to wait for the December box or would you prefer a refund for this order?"

Meanwhile, people who just signed up in December have gotten their December boxes. I don't love the variations with this sub, but what really gets me is having to worry every month if I'll actually get the box I paid for, or if horseshit like the above will happen. This is what led me to quit back in April, and I'm wishing I hadn't resubbed. Gilt City deal or no, the anxiety about actually getting the box with this sub is not worth it.
I'm sorry to hear that. You would expect them to have a pretty good idea of knowing ahead of time how much to order from their vendors by now.

I received my box yesterday and it was a very good one. One of the better variations I've seen so far.

- The nail polish

- MTJ mascara

- Orogold hand cream (smells great)

- Glossybox eye shadow

- Hair conditioner.

I just got my box and i received the oro gold hand creame, which is large and the red lip gloss. I was really hoping for the scrub since i have so many hand creames and unfortunately i cannot wear the lip gloss, nor have anyone i know who would wear it. The rest if the box is being put up for swap. The box itself is lovely, i plan to use it for gifting.

My surveys are up for December and the holiday box, but as usual they're full of errors, they're impossible to answer with the choices they have available and some surveys don't load, others don't register that I've completed them. 

But, on the plus side, no questions about our cats this round.

Back