-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

What has made the most dramatic difference in your skin?

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 138 OFFLINE   momof2gr8kids

momof2gr8kids

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 29-June 06
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:54 AM

Hi, I'm fairly new to the boards. I love this place! I've been mostly a lurker til now, but there are so many questions I have.... I'm a 39 year old mom of 2 and my skin is fairly healthy, but starting to show some aging signs. I'm interested in what others have done in their skin care regimen that seems to have made the biggest difference in their skin's health and appearance. In particular, I'm dealing with fair complexion, somewhat sensitive, combo skin, not acne prone, but blackheads are an issue. Some lines are appearing, and I do have redness that I'd like to get rid of too. I'm an NW 20 with freckles and reddish brown hair. Thanks in advance!

#Post 2 of 138 OFFLINE   Retro-Violet

Retro-Violet

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts
  • Joined 05-November 05
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:09 AM

i got a steady skin care system. i use the clinique 3 step system and other brands... i had really bad bad bad skin before (as in i had sheets of skin that would peel off my forehead). but now its all better!

#Post 3 of 138 OFFLINE   LipglossQueen

LipglossQueen

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Joined 20-July 05
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:34 PM

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask; tightens pores, dries up spots/blackheads and your skin looks noticeably smoother, also exfoliating (Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Scrub).
"What allows a diamond to shine so brightly is the multitude of cuts that have been made on it"

Jet Black Hair/Brown EyesWarm/Deep Brown ComplexionCombination Skin

#Post 4 of 138 OFFLINE   monniej

monniej

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts
  • Joined 13-May 05
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:45 PM

my combo of aveeno clear complexion cleanser and stridex pads. they do a great job of keeping my acne under control. before i started using these two together i would wake up to a new breakout what seemed like everyday.

#Post 5 of 138 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:49 PM

I was blessed with great skin, aside from the occasional "monthly" breakouts. However, using a microdermabrasion has helped my skin even more so, and it's actually helped curb the monthly breakouts to only one or two zits instead of a nice cluster on my forehead.
"This is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."

#Post 6 of 138 OFFLINE   patsluv

patsluv

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Joined 08-March 06
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:43 PM

My skin is dramatically better - much better and even tone, lesser fine lines, smaller pores, blackheads almost non-existent, and acne scars diminishing, since using a combo of glycolic acid peels, Epidermx microderm, Silkia camellia oil and Green Cream.

#Post 7 of 138 OFFLINE   ivette

ivette

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,685 posts
  • Joined 12-November 05
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2006 - 04:14 PM

for me it was seeing a dermatologist to get my acne (and blackheads) under control. that, i feel made a big, big difference in the appearance of my skin. also, of course, washing my face twice a day(morning,night), and applying a sunscreen w/ spf 15 daily.

#Post 8 of 138 OFFLINE   chrgrl

chrgrl

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 30-June 06
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:59 PM

taking it easy on my skin has helped the most. i use aveeno's creamy baby wash as a face wash AM and PM. i only exfoliate (with st. ives medicated scrub) once per week. i used to have these weird and intricate face washing rituals and i'd go on vacation and only feel like taking one bottle of face wash (the aveeno stuff) and my face would clear up while i was away. i finally took the hint!

#Post 9 of 138 OFFLINE   janetsbreeze

janetsbreeze

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Joined 08-July 06
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:04 PM

i switched to using the oil cleansing method. it has made a huge difference in my skin and made me realize that less is more, at least for me. also, i switched to using mineral makeup. those two things have made such a world of difference to me, it's hard to believe it's my skin.

#Post 10 of 138 OFFLINE   Marisol

Marisol

Elite Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,697 posts
  • Joined 12-February 05
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:13 PM

One thing that has helped me is making sure that I take off my make up every night. At times, I used to go to bed and not wash my face very well. Call it lazyness. Now, I use an eye make up remover, cleansing oil and moisturize at night.

#Post 11 of 138 OFFLINE   Nox

Nox

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts
  • Joined 10-March 06
Reviews

Posted 08 August 2006 - 03:04 AM

Drinking a lot of water helps ALOT for me. Also, I use an organic tea tree oil cleanser. And that's it.

#Post 12 of 138 OFFLINE   gravitywings

gravitywings

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 08-August 06
Reviews

Posted 08 August 2006 - 03:28 AM

Using Benzoyl Peroxide on my acne, and it actually makes it go away within 2-3 days. Washing my face with non-drying cleansers also made me face have a better+smoother complexion.
Currently using:
Almay Clear Complexion
Physician's Formula Mineral Talc-Free powder

#Post 13 of 138 OFFLINE   Hi Im Mandy

Hi Im Mandy

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Joined 08-August 06
Reviews

Posted 08 August 2006 - 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by gravitywings
Using Benzoyl Peroxide on my acne, and it actually makes it go away within 2-3 days. Washing my face with non-drying cleansers also made me face have a better+smoother complexion.
Agreed. I use Dans Clear Skin Regimen over at acne.org. It has kept my acne under control for the most part.. except monthy zits.

#Post 14 of 138 OFFLINE   Flowerinthewind

Flowerinthewind

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 08-August 06
Reviews

Posted 08 August 2006 - 05:38 AM

Clear Skin Regimen, www.acne.org

#Post 15 of 138 OFFLINE   vickih

vickih

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 30-January 06
Reviews

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:58 AM

i've been pretty lucky, like Aquilah the occasional breakout during my period. My problem is combo skin. So I've tried for ROC the new combo cleanser and so far so good. I also make sure to wash my face before going to bed, and applying a moisturizer at night and an eye cream. Oh and drinking lots of water.

#Post 16 of 138 OFFLINE   Saja

Saja

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Joined 03-August 05
Reviews

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:12 AM

Getting facials has made the most differenec. Its helped me to find out what i needed to be doing for my face.
"I know, it's only rock and roll but I like it" - The Rolling Stones

#Post 17 of 138 OFFLINE   xXxBeckyxXx

xXxBeckyxXx

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • Joined 31-July 05
Reviews

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:14 AM

ACV followed by olive oil as a moisturiser on the night, has improved my skin alot!

#Post 18 of 138 OFFLINE   iheartmakeup<3

iheartmakeup<3

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 08-August 06
Reviews

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:51 AM

I really like Clinique skin care products i have been using them for 2/3 weeks now. I am loving my new found skin Posted Image
"Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul." - Marilyn Monroe

#Post 19 of 138 OFFLINE   mach1grrl

mach1grrl

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 09-February 06
Reviews

Posted 08 August 2006 - 11:17 AM

My skin tends to be dry, and since I am fair, the dryness is noticeable. What finally helped is drinking a ton of water consistently ever single day, exercising, taking my vitamins, and eating a ton of fruits, veggies, and fish. I have always taken good care of my skin and had a great skin care routine, but there is definite truth, I believe, to the saying that your skin is a reflection of what is going on inside...and so I think the best skin care works from the inside....out!

#Post 20 of 138 OFFLINE   han

han

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06
Reviews

Posted 08 August 2006 - 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids
Hi, I'm fairly new to the boards. I love this place! I've been mostly a lurker til now, but there are so many questions I have.... I'm a 39 year old mom of 2 and my skin is fairly healthy, but starting to show some aging signs. I'm interested in what others have done in their skin care regimen that seems to have made the biggest difference in their skin's health and appearance. In particular, I'm dealing with fair complexion, somewhat sensitive, combo skin, not acne prone, but blackheads are an issue. Some lines are appearing, and I do have redness that I'd like to get rid of too. I'm an NW 20 with freckles and reddish brown hair. Thanks in advance!
since your skin is healthy exfoiliate and moisturize to much might not be good less is more

• 2,325,359 Posts
  • 110,381 Members
  • 18,587 Reviews
  • 53,994 Albums