What has made the most dramatic difference in your skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing that has made the biggest difference in my skin is doing weekly at-home facials.

1. Cleanse with your normal cleanser

2. Exfoliate

3. Open pores by either steaming with steamer or you can just boil distilled water on the stove and use that OR you can get a wash cloth wet with hot water and lay over your face for 30 seconds, pressing into your skin. 

4. Apply a face mask (if blackheads are an issues I would highly recommend a charcoal mask- origins has a great one- the charcoal will draw the impurities out of your skin).

5. Rinse off

6. Apply moisturizer 

7. Apply spot treatments where necessary. 

Hope this helps! 

Shea Terra Rose Hips black soap (actually, black soap in general, but this one is the most effective for me).

Charcoal! I use the Origins charcoal mask and the Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar scrub/mask. I also have a mask from an etsy seller (DressGreen) with charcoal that works well.

Skyn Iceland eye cream.

100% shea butter.  The morning after the fist night I used it, my skin was incredibly smooth with really tight pores and looked very clean. It was like magic!! 

My mom also used this and it made her skin look younger almost instantly. She stopped using it because it made her skin smell rancid after a while. 

Drinking a lot of water helps ALOT for me. Also, I use an organic tea tree oil cleanser. And that's it.
I agree but not 100%.

I'll like to update it further...

Drinking enough water is good but too much water can harm too...

Here is exact quantity of water for a healthy man-

• 3 liters/day for men
  • 2.2 liters/day for women
Consult with your doctor if you feel unhealthy.

I would say what keeps my skin clear are Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturiser (the retinol works so well at reducing acne) and Embryollise Lait Cream Concentrate - excellent at calming down irritated dry skin. I don't know what I would do without them :wub:

There is no one product or treatment that I would say has helped me, because I can switch easily between similar products and achieve the same results. For me, the key has simply been to find a routine and stick to it.

I know it's difficult with people and brands trying to convince you what is best, but just find what works for your skin, and then keep using it. No results are going to show up on your face over night, but since I have developed my nighttime routine I have diminished fine lines and almost eradicated any acne.

That's what works for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

First of all, drink plenty of water and proper intake of vitamins and nutrients. After that, if your are having dry skin, then go for oily cleansing method. Do remove makeup using makeup remover before going to bed at night.

First of all, drink plenty of water and proper intake of vitamins and nutrients. After that, if your are having dry skin, then go for oily cleansing method. Do remove makeup using makeup remover before going to bed at night.

Have you ever tried meditation? If no, start it now... I am used to from past few months.. apart from it I use natural herbal product and home made remedies... and it help me to have healthy, younger, soft and glowing skin.

Dr. Brant's 3D Filler Mask, it is more of a moisturizer for me but I love it! While I'm not worried about wrinkles, it has plumped up my skin and helped with dryness, I have been using this every morning.

Back