What has made the most dramatic difference in your skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be 50 in May but still had hormonal breakouts and the resulting pigment spots from cystic type pimples. I've been using the epidemx microdermabrasion creme and epiderm camellia oil for a couple of months now. My skin looks amazing! I started out using the goldport beauty type of camellia oil but I broke out from it. The epiderm brand seems to agree with my skin better. I only have one pigment spot from a recent zit on my chin and all of the others are gone!

My mom and sister are both getting some camellia oil for Xmas, LOL!

Hi to all, im new in the forum, and im sorry if this isn't the right place to put my question, but i need Help for my skin.I'm talking for my face i have awful pigmentation spots.My skin is dark and the spots are white and dry. I went to a dermatologist and he said that i'm alergic to  sun and other stuff. He recommended me one face srum you can find it here facial-serum.net/Trichloroacetic%20Acid%20SKIN%20PEEL.html and i woul ask you ,does someone already use it? I have some friend who are using it but not for pigmatation spots they are very satisfied

Before I moved to US from France, I got a good recipe from my mom. She has a beautiful skin thanks to Ghassoul clay mixed with rose water. I use it as a mask and then use argan oil after that as a moisturizer once a day. I have been using JM argan oil until my mom recommended Sheer Argan to me. Yes this argan oil is finally here in US. The key to have a good skin is to eat healthy and to treat it with healthy things.

I'm a big fan of Paula's Choice skincare products. I love her AHA 5% cream to exfoliate (and the 10% AHA once a week), and her Resist moisturizer with Retinol. They've really changed my skin! My skin is really sensitive to benzoyl peroxide, but her 2% BHA gel works like a charm for any pimples.

I tried Renova (through my dermatologist) and my skin peeled like crazy. I may try it again, but I'm sticking with Retinol for now.

Apple cider vinegar. I drink 2 tablespoons every morning. Ever since I have nice skin and losing weight.

Quote: Originally Posted by purpleorchid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm a big fan of Paula's Choice skincare products. I love her AHA 5% cream to exfoliate (and the 10% AHA once a week), and her Resist moisturizer with Retinol. They've really changed my skin! My skin is really sensitive to benzoyl peroxide, but her 2% BHA gel works like a charm for any pimples.

I tried Renova (through my dermatologist) and my skin peeled like crazy. I may try it again, but I'm sticking with Retinol for now.
I know I already posted, but I want to second the PC BHA exfoliants. It is the first product I ordered from her and I started using it about 4 days ago, and the next day my skin looks the best it's looked, in well, like forever. I have combination skin with large pores in my forehead as well as blackheads and this has shrunk my pore substantially and my blackheads are becoming less and less. I can't wait to try more of her products.

Anyone who suffers from acne should take zinc supplements. I notice a big difference when I remember to take zinc tablets on a daily basis, and a loss of that improvement when I stop. It helps to regulate hormones that are the primary cause of acne.

I can also say that I see a nice difference in my under-eye skin with Philosophy's "When Hope Is Not Enough" serum. It's not meant for that area, but I don't have the most sensitive skin in the world and don't quite believe there's always a necessary difference between face and eye anti-aging products.

For body, nothing beats Jergen's Skin Firming lotion, as far as retexturizing your skin, as far as I'm concerned. I can say good things about Bliss Fat Girl Slim, but the price and the medicinal smell are less than awesome.

Actually bb creams helped me alot when I was a teenager and had breakouts. It is like putting on sunscreen, pore care cream and foundation all at once.

The good ones like Dr Jar+ and Missha are from Korea and maybe hard to come by. I recently got addicted to this Korean memebox that ships globally and they do include alot of skincare and bb creams sometimes. Check it out  :wub:

Also, drink alot! I tend to drink 100-200ml of water every waking hour. 

My clarisonic, definitely. But agreed with others- water. I notice a HUGE difference in my skin (more acne, dehydration lines around my eyes) when I don't consume enough. Drink up ladies! 
How much water you drink a day? I tried to drink 10 small glass... it is around 2 liters...

I read somewhere that we should drink around 3 liters water a day.... do you know something about it too?

How much water you drink a day? I tried to drink 10 small glass... it is around 2 liters...

I read somewhere that we should drink around 3 liters water a day.... do you know something about it too?
Oh, I've read crazy amounts of water, including for some ridiculous amount for every 25 pounds you're overweight for, etc. I've also read to drink when you're thirsty, and to make sure you notice signs of dehydration such as headaches or hunger. I personally drink 8 cups a day..In the form of four 16oz water bottles. I can keep track of it that way, lol. 

Kate Somerville D-Scar. It removed all of my facial scars within a few short weeks, shorter than any OTC scar product I previously tried.

Start using anti-aging lotion and moisturizer. I apply it every morning, afternoon, and evening bath (that's everyday). We cannot really stop the signs of aging but we can atleast smoothen and brighten our face naturally with lots of water, fruits and veggies. Do exercise it will prevent your skin from sagging. 

Back