What has made the most dramatic difference in your skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd saying using those cleansing cloths...the little Olay ones that have the soap already in them, that you throw away after every use.

They are the only cleansers that can get all my makeup off without having to use an oil (which always ended up getting in my eyes) and they don't dry out my skin but leave it sooo clean.

BTW, great post!

Is there any help for me? I have fair skin...52 years young...and my skin seems to be dull? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am 50 and have combo skin...still some breakouts on my chin. In addition to the beta peels I have 1x a month, I use Paula's Choice skin care for oily skin. I think the beta hydroxy acid lotion- both 1% and 2% are fabulous exfoliators. I use these instead of scrubs to avoid any more broken veins on my face. You can get Paula's Choice on the internet: Paula Begoun - The Cosmetics Cop - Paula's Choice

For me, using Dermalogica's Dermal Clay cleanser every morning and their Anti Bac cleanser at night and their Daily Microexfoliant a few times a week has made the biggest difference- i recently got lazy and stopped using it and i've gone from clear, healthy looking skin to having dull, spotty, oily skin- i look dreadful!

Also using Daily Sense spf 60 moisturiser every day has made me skin look and feel alot better this summer and fingers crossed in the future it'll have help stop wrinkles!

Using a BHA product twice a day and no more harsh skin care products made a huge difference for my skin.

Oh and drinking lots of water helps too

Desert Essence thoroughly clean, all natural face wash..

It has controlled my acne 98%, and it uses natural ingredients like Tea tree oil, castor oil etc..

Quit Smoking, I use MD Formulations after positive results from BE.

I have rosacea so I use the Sensitive Skin/Critical Care Lines.

Hi! I just starting using Arbonne RE9. and I love it. I don't use the whol line, but after a week of useing it. I've noticed quite a change. Also the product is not tested on animals, and they use mostly natural products.

I found out about MaMa lotion on this board and ordered it. I have been using it about a week now and it seems to make a big difference. Thanks everyone!!!

products with glycolic acid 6 % cream and toner ... I have no blemish after 3 months use...anything before couldnt helped me.

Lots of water and healthy eating. When I layed off the greasy foods, my skin stoped being so oily. Also microdermabrasion.

Exfoliating on a regular basis and quitting smoking
rotfl.gif

SUNSCREEN!!! That should be the best advice you could get. I've read many articles on skin care and Sunscreen is really the key to prevent wrinkles and other aging signs. Since you're 39 and just started to see your first aging signs, then I guess you do have a good skin care regimen. Maybe you can try collagen...

I've done a few microdermabrasion treatments and that has gotten rid of many of my blackheads and given me smooth skin. You have to do about 5 treatments though for good results though.

Originally Posted by spikeyli /img/forum/go_quote.gif I stopped using moisturizers. Made a HUGE difference. I used to have flawless skin, but when I turned 30 I panicked and started using high end moisturizers even though I don't have any wrinkles. I kept hearing how you need to start early with the moisturizers so that's what I did. It made a mess out of my face, all of the sudden I had acne problems, so I kept switching moisturizers because I also kept hearing if you got acne you really need to moisturize.
Well it got so bad that I went on Retin-A, which somewhat cleared up my skin but made it really dry and turned my face orange. Yes you read me right, ORANGE! So I had to get off that and switch to using BenzaClin, which didn't make my face orange and had decent effect on my acne, but it got my face so dry that it gave me wrinkles!

Finally I stopped all that and just used over the counter benzyl peroxide creams, but still had new breakouts. I kept switching moisturizers and even switch to using mineral makeup (I hate liquid foundation to begin with). My acne improved but I was still getting new zits. One day decided to just give it a rest and didn't put on moisturizer, I was reminded how wonderful it felt to just let my skin breath. So I decided to just put on the mineral foundation without moisturizer, kinda like dusting it on my face instead of giving it something to stick to. Guess what I found, my zits started going away and my face cleared up. Now I get a new pimple here and there but my face is pretty up on its way to its former glory.

So moral of the story, if you really worry about aging and wrinkles, do it when there's a real need. And limit the usage to areas that needs it, like around the eyes or mouth. Leave the rest of your face alone!

After reading this it reminded me of when I went to school to become an esthetician and I begna getting facials and really just focusing on my skin more than I had ever done before. After a few weeks it seemed like half the girls in the class started getting really bad skin issues and it seemed like the longer you were in the program the worse it got. You think getting facials once or twice a week is good and putting all these products are good but really you just need a simple routine, most of the damage and aging that your going to get on your skin is already done by the sun and genetics and the only thing that you can really do about it is protect your self from the sun and healthy living habits, but no amount opf creams is going to take wrinkles away or antyhing. And you'd be surprised sometimes the simplier you keep it the better.

exfoliating my skin and doing masks every 2-3 days worked wonders for me.

I still break out, but it's not as massive as before.. lol

I dunno if I posted in this already or not but deffinitely accutane. However it didnt clear me up totally which is a bummer.

Back