What has made the most dramatic difference in your skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

If you are mom with kids I guess you don't have a lot of time...The girls here already mentioned alots of good things: you have to start with keeping some simple life rules:eat right, water, gym, health, sleep etc. I guess you are already doing so.

About the treatments:

1. Start using sunscreen - be carefully to choose one that is stable. I see you are from us and when it comes to sunscreen you are a step behind Europe
smile.gif
sorry. I have no idea what is in us, but try to stick with paula begons says (although be careful that the last years her sunscreen was not stable although she was says so). I suggest the dermatological brands: avene, la roche possay, bioderma. good quality no fuss!

2. Hydration/ Nutrition - try the jojoba oil or the Shea butter as a night treatment!- this will delete some lines too (the dehydration ones)

3. To repair the sun damage / to reduce wrinkles- tretinoin (renova in us, airol, smooderm or retin a in europe). I know is Us is expensive. I usually buy it from countries like Greece or Eastern Europeans countries where you don't need a prescription and it cost around 3 dollars. You know the story about this: be gentle with your skin, start gradually- every 3rd night, moisturise after a 1 h etc...

4. AHA(NEOSTRATA is very good) / apple cider veniger - I am glad I found it. This works great!

5. BHA - you need it for your black heads. In fact i noticed that ACV kills all of them
smile.gif
)). You can try a salicylic acid mask or the paula bha lotion (very good)!

I think this are in short the products that changed my skin!

Proactiv. I'd tried many, many other things... and since starting Proactiv it's looking the best it has in years.

I have tried so many products and nothing really worked for me until I got hooked on Serious Skin Care line from HSN (you can also find it at Ulta). I have been using it now for about 4 years. I use the Glucosamine line for sensitive skin. I use a cleanser and moisturizer twice a day. My skin has never looked better.

Leony tell me more about the collagen drink?

WHat has helped my skin is taking MSM, EVOO face washing and takin trace minerals.

Originally Posted by teb /img/forum/go_quote.gif Leony tell me more about the collagen drink?
WHat has helped my skin is taking MSM, EVOO face washing and takin trace minerals.

I replied your PM teb.I am not sure if you can find the collagen drink I mentioned on my PM but maybe you find other collagen drink supplement in your country or you can just consume a lot of food that can stimulates the collagen production such as Vit C, Amino Acid, Soybeans, Fish etc.

Aveeno skin brightening wash and Witch Hazel has a toner and finishing with Loreal moisturizer (and everyone thinks I'm about 12 yrs younger than I am!! LOL

i have Very oily skin, but wat has really helped me combat the acne was REtin A gel...works miracles...I also wear sunscreeen everyday & wash off my makeup everynite..works miracles

Never go to bed with makeup on. MK eye makeup remover and makeup remover is so gentle and never adds any redness or irritation.

Another nice gentle product to try is PONDS cleansing cloths at night.

Originally Posted by Flowerinthewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif Clear Skin Regimen, www.acne.org Same here, nothing has ever made such a positive difference as this. --- try this if you have acne concerns. It's clearing my skin (right now, TOTALLY clear.
Second, using Everyday Minerals makeup and dropping all non mineral foundations and blushes. Now I don't worry about cosmetics causing breakouts. I started that after starting the CLear Skin Regimen.

For me the biggest difference came when I went the natural route. I started wearing mineral makeup & I make my own cleanser & when I dont make my own moisturizer & treatments I use the Burts Bees moisturizers & treatments. I noticed steadily my skin getting clearer less red & my pores & lines less noticable/more refined. I also dont break out anymore woohoo.

Have everyday skincare routine, (clean, toner, serum, moisturizer, sunblock) and exfoliate weekly will make your skin glow.

For me, it was supplements. omega 3 and biotin made a major difference in my skin. It's not an over night process. It took about 2 months to notice a major, major difference.

I also take a high potency multi-vitamin,

but that didn't cause the difference in my skin.

Well Since my skin is looking 20x better than ever, I will just post what I used. I used the African black soap, skin success fade cream for oily skin and 15 drops of Texas cedar wood diluted in Jojoba oil and sweet almond oil. I just pat the oils on my skin and it drys up my acne.
smile.gif
!

The single thing that has turned my skin around has bene using diluted ACV as a toner after I wash my face with Cetaphil both morning and night

I exfoliate with baking soda and wash with Noxema after.. I also use a skin tone cream in the winter that fades dark spots and undereye circles. My skin is 360 degrees better than before I started doing this. I stay away from a whole lot of bottles and skin care systems. I think the beauty industry makes women think we need a lot of stuff to look good. Their packaging is most times more expensive than their product. They are laughing at us all the way to the bank. Simple is best.

I would have to say Cetaphil Facial Cleanser. Cheap and gentle. Save me from dehydrated skin.

Drinking water.

Stopped all caffeine.

Ate more fruits in my diet.

I use a very mild daily spf in my moisturizer.

I use RE9 Anti-aging & Recovery Skin Care System (Found on my website below, as well as the next item.)

I use Thermal Fusion Maque that firms, clarifies and clears the appearance of my pores.

Ann Phelps
smile.gif

Back