What has made the most dramatic difference in your skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have sensitive face skin and rarely try new face products, have to use ones without fragrance. I tend to stick with what works for me and so far so good. I really like Marcelle (Canadian brand), reasonable prices, no fragrance etc. I cleanse my skin twice a day, apply moisturizer (both eye cream and facial moisturizer), and exfoliate once a week. Bed time I wear a night cream.

La Roche Posay Vitamin C gel - it's made my skintone so even and my skin so smooth. This is a must have product for me

SPF moisturizer - may not notice the difference now but I will down the line and I'll be happy I had the foresight to save my skin in my youth. I really love Neutrogena's Healthy Skin with SPF 15. It's the best so far.

Retin A micor gel - I've only been using this for about a month but boyyyyyyyyyyy do I notice a difference. My skin has felt really smooth due to my skin regime but it didn't look smooth. This stuff has made makes me skin look great - smooth and with a glow. I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out of my samples.

Paula's Choice skincare for normal/oily, Beta peels 1x a month, exercise, fruits and vegetables and 30 sunscreen year-round, every day

Every night I use and love the Avene line of products, especially Diacneal and Ystheal +, and I use Skinoren instead of the Retin A I was using. I use Philosophy Hope In a Bottle BHA. I get regular Microderms once a month and I use Creme De La Mer whenever my skin gets dry. I remove my makeup at night using DHC Cleansing Oil and LUSH Aqua Marina in the morning, and I love DDF 10% Glycolic Toner. This routine, plus cutting most sugar out of my diet and eating healthy foods, lots of berries and veggies, has kept my skin clear and very youthful although I will be 50 on my next birthday!

I used to wash my face twice a day and had mild acne. Then, once I started washing my face once a day, my acne went down.

Anything with glycolic acid in it clears my skin immediately and gives it a nice glow.

Deleted because this post was the same as post #68.

smile.gif

I have very oily, blemish-prone skin. Things that have worked for me:

Gentle cleanser (Eucerin Moisturizing Cleanser)

Jojoba oil as a makeup remover

2.5% benzoyl peroxide, morning & evening

Glycolic moisturizer in evening

SPF 30 moisturizer

Milk of magnesia as a mask (every other day)

I'm 36 and until this year (April) tried everything under the sun to get make-up optional skin. I spend literally 1000's of dollars on skincare over the past 2-3 years. From drugstore to high end just to be dissapointed. The products did either nothing or minimal for a certain period of time, usually around 1-2 month, until a friend of mine told me about Retin A (prescription kind), I ordered some from 4 cornerspharmacy online , a tube was $29 including shipping and it was the best $$ I ever spend. In my case I look at least 10 years younger , all my discoloration is gone ( old sqeeze marks, sun spots etc.) my skin literally glows now , is bright, firm and has never looked this great. I no longer need any foundation whatsoever and all I need is a good sunscreen, basic moisturizer and an eyecream . I spend about $15 a month on skincare , how's that for dramatic difference ?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Saskia

The best thing I have bought was a small 30ml bottle of 30% glycolic acid for £7 pounds. Twice a week I give myself a facial which would cost me mega bucks in a salon. You only need one ml per facial so it works out to cost me pennies per facial...!

My skin now looks even toned the slight ance scars that I had have gone.

Otherwise my skin route is basic. To wash my face I use aqueous cream. I rub it in and remove it with a warm flannel. It removes everything, even waterproof mascara, but its gengtle too. For a day moisturiser I use Liz earles Repair cream and at night I use the neutrogena Ultimate night cream...and thats it.

Taking Apple Cider Vinegar In Water As Well Drinking Lots Of Water Does Alot For My Skin.my Skin Is Noticeably Fairer And I Get Compliments All The Time About The Glow On My Skin.

At home Microdermabrasion followed by 30% Glycolic Acid Peel right after (twice a week). It took about 4 months for the gradual results to show but my skin is looking sooo much better. My acne marks are almost gone

Good Post! And Thanks for all of great information. I am definitely gonna try the glycolic acid peel.

The Body shop tea tree oil facial scrub PLUS the body shop facial exfoliating brush, which takes away all dead skin cells (great if you are using retin -a or adapalene which speeds up the shedding of your skin cells), the brush also unclogs pores and the tree oil is anti-bacterial too.

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif At home Microdermabrasion followed by 30% Glycolic Acid Peel right after (twice a week). It took about 4 months for the gradual results to show but my skin is looking sooo much better. My acne marks are almost gone What kind of peel do you use and where can I get glycolic acid products with a higher percentage of acid? I liked the Avon Renew pads a lot but they're only 10% ga.

I find the more gentle I am, the better. I no longer use washclothes....only use my hands and splash water (I break out when I use a wash clothe).

I use a mask a couple times a week, eye creams and never go to bed with makeup on. Oh and I love natural ingrediant products.

Back