-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

What has made the most dramatic difference in your skin?

137 replies to this topic

#Post 21 of 138 OFFLINE   iheartmakeup<3

iheartmakeup<3

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 08-August 06
Reviews

Posted 08 August 2006 - 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by han
since your skin is healthy exfoiliate and moisturize to much might not be good less is more
I agree.
"Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul." - Marilyn Monroe

#Post 22 of 138 OFFLINE   VanityConfident

VanityConfident

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 08-August 06
Reviews

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:21 PM

I find that being consistent with my skin care (I use Jan Marini), drinking water, sleep, decent nutrition, etc. helps more than anything. I was one of those who would 'occassionally' trip in at the wee hours and plop into bed without taking off my make-up. I NEVER do that anymore. I've also had to resort to a little microdermabrasion to help with some sun damage from when I was younger.
  • Lin1018 likes this

#Post 23 of 138 OFFLINE   KathrynNicole

KathrynNicole

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,170 posts
  • Joined 20-October 05
Reviews

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:52 PM

Differin Gel.

#Post 24 of 138 OFFLINE   Stitch

Stitch

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Reviews

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:03 PM

Lots of water, keep your skin clean and mosturized. My most important thing is sunscreen. I wear a spf 30 everyday, even if I am not going anywhere at all.
All I want to do is make clothes.

#Post 25 of 138 OFFLINE   pinkfluffybabe

pinkfluffybabe

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 04-June 06
Reviews

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:39 PM

Drinking plenty of water and using Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish every day has made a huge difference to my skin.

#Post 26 of 138 OFFLINE   beziboy

beziboy

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 21-November 05
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:15 PM

Me too, I used benzoyl peroxide on my acne which works better than salicylic acid for me

#Post 27 of 138 OFFLINE   speerrituall1

speerrituall1

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Joined 08-April 05
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by LipglossQueen
Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask; tightens pores, dries up spots/blackheads and your skin looks noticeably smoother, also exfoliating (Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Scrub).
Ditto on the Mint Julep Mask and drinking plenty of water. I always have a container of cold water by my side. This keeps me from drinking sodas and constantly keeps my system flushed of toxins.
Live, Love, Laugh!

#Post 28 of 138 OFFLINE   Ricci

Ricci

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,783 posts
  • Joined 25-May 06
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:11 PM

Mary Kay's TimeWise Mary Kay's Mask (Revitalizing) Mary Kay's Microbrasion But I wash my face 3-4 times a day More info on my skin in my notepad It got rid of all my pimples

#Post 29 of 138 OFFLINE   korina981

korina981

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Joined 25-January 06
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:01 PM

C.O Bigelow Extra-Lite Face Lotion with SPF15 - it keeps my face matte and this in turn leads to no more breakouts.

#Post 30 of 138 OFFLINE   aMadeUp

aMadeUp

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 31-May 06
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:11 PM

Water...lots of Water...and regular use of NARS's most 'reasonably priced' Skin product, the Bath and Shower Gel.
  • sarahsnow likes this

#Post 31 of 138 OFFLINE   Pauline

Pauline

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Joined 18-January 04
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:42 PM

Hi, i think products like Loreal Renoviste is good for skin over 35 and also using a micro scrub like Loreal's refinish is good as they do actually make a difference to the skin,. You could use any peels or micro scrub, Avon has some fab products for women of all ages and their formulations seem to be pretty advanced.
Pauline from the UK.
Long dark hair,green eyes, wild and fun!

I love MUT!

#Post 32 of 138 OFFLINE   Leony

Leony

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts
  • Joined 31-May 05
Reviews

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:53 AM

Fish and collagen drink! Lol I'm serious.

#Post 33 of 138 OFFLINE   SierraWren

SierraWren

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • Joined 29-July 05
Reviews

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:22 PM

I think Renova. It's available only through a dermatologist, an anti-aging type of Retin-A. It has really helped clear up blotchiness on my skin, diminish my pore size and fine lines. If you use it,always remember to wear a sunscreen of SPF30(it makes the skin hypersensitive to burning.)Because it can be drying,I alternate it every other night with the moisturizer Kinerase, which I like too.

#Post 34 of 138 OFFLINE   mowgli

mowgli

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06
Reviews

Posted 15 August 2006 - 02:58 PM

Hi - the 3 biggest things for me which have completely transformed my skin - people ask me how my skin glows now, whereas before I had the most dull, rough, spot prone skin.. 1. Clinique Turnaround - my HG, I noticed the glowing effect from the very first use, also really clarifies my skin 2. Liz Earle - Cleanse and Polish, and skin repair moisturiser 3. Aspirin masks - smooths out my skin, nips spots in the bud

#Post 35 of 138 OFFLINE   alice_alice

alice_alice

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 29-April 06
Reviews

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by janetsbreeze
i switched to using the oil cleansing method.
What's an oil cleansing method? Nothing has ever made a difference in my skin. it's aweful. but i keep trying.

#Post 36 of 138 OFFLINE   xkatiex

xkatiex

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Joined 27-February 06
Reviews

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:37 AM

Drinking water all the time and my Sensitive Skin Sunscreen spf 25 for my fair complexion Posted Image

#Post 37 of 138 OFFLINE   Vicious Vaness

Vicious Vaness

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 16-August 06
Reviews

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:25 AM

Drinking water with lemon throughout the day. Also the Cosmedix skin care line, facials and facial peels.

#Post 38 of 138 OFFLINE   vanilla_sky

vanilla_sky

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • Joined 13-June 05
Reviews

Posted 17 August 2006 - 01:04 AM

stable and high spf sunscreen, BHA treatments (I havent tried retinol yet), using creams and face wash without fragrance, using cosmetics for sensitive skin (even though mine is not hypersensitive, I think they have better forumlas).
A men's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction.

Oscar Wilde

#Post 39 of 138 OFFLINE   spikeyli

spikeyli

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Joined 16-August 06
Reviews

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:15 PM

I stopped using moisturizers. Made a HUGE difference. I used to have flawless skin, but when I turned 30 I panicked and started using high end moisturizers even though I don't have any wrinkles. I kept hearing how you need to start early with the moisturizers so that's what I did. It made a mess out of my face, all of the sudden I had acne problems, so I kept switching moisturizers because I also kept hearing if you got acne you really need to moisturize. Well it got so bad that I went on Retin-A, which somewhat cleared up my skin but made it really dry and turned my face orange. Yes you read me right, ORANGE! So I had to get off that and switch to using BenzaClin, which didn't make my face orange and had decent effect on my acne, but it got my face so dry that it gave me wrinkles! Finally I stopped all that and just used over the counter benzyl peroxide creams, but still had new breakouts. I kept switching moisturizers and even switch to using mineral makeup (I hate liquid foundation to begin with). My acne improved but I was still getting new zits. One day decided to just give it a rest and didn't put on moisturizer, I was reminded how wonderful it felt to just let my skin breath. So I decided to just put on the mineral foundation without moisturizer, kinda like dusting it on my face instead of giving it something to stick to. Guess what I found, my zits started going away and my face cleared up. Now I get a new pimple here and there but my face is pretty up on its way to its former glory. So moral of the story, if you really worry about aging and wrinkles, do it when there's a real need. And limit the usage to areas that needs it, like around the eyes or mouth. Leave the rest of your face alone!

#Post 40 of 138 OFFLINE   kburch0614

kburch0614

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 16-August 06
Reviews

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:43 PM

i have really oily skin so i have to ous Proactive or something to control the oil.

• 2,323,287 Posts
  • 109,581 Members
  • 18,571 Reviews
  • 54,001 Albums