I WILL lose weight!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so this is getting old. None of my clothes fit me, I refuse to buy new ones, and I feel like crap. About a year ago I was exercising and lost about 10 pounds, putting me at about 130. I felt SO good...but then I got busy with school and it all came back...plus some. So here I sit, 150 lbs. I have the cutest outfits that I can't wear because I'm too big and that is truly depressing. It's not like I'm fat...I'm 5'8" so I'm still considered a healthy weight for my height, but I do not feel healthy. So I am going to start exercising and eating right (or as close to it as I can). I have some hoodia stuff to suppress my appetite (and it works VERY WELL). I always had a problem with eating too much all the time, and now I'm finally eating what a normal person would. I'm going to start drinking lots of green tea...no soda...etc etc. Basically, I feel like there is no hope for me and I need help! I wish I had someone to go to the gym with, but I don't..so I'm doing this all alone! If anyone has any suggestions or..ANYTHING to tell me, I'm all ears.

Geez, sorry I rambled for so long...just had to get it off my chest.

Thanks everyone! -Kim

First of all good luck to u!

Losing weight is not a tough job but you kn ow we have to wait for sometime.I think u must have known it already that we do not lose weight suddenly...it takes some time and then u will definately be proud!

I dont have any specific suggestions from me...no need to be be on strict diet but see that u dont eat tooooo much...exercise regularly especially in the morning.

I just lost around 8-9 pounds by doing as above.I jog,cycle and did some stretch exercises and I am planning to lose more weight too!

ANyway good luck!

I know how frustrated you are right now! I was going to join Weight Watchers but after speaking with Dr. they recommended South Beach so I start tomorrow. If you would like an online diet buddy, let me know.....We could encourage each other, even tho I would like to lose alot more weight than you!

I know how you feel. I feel like I put on the Freshman 15 a year late...definitely gained some weight. I need to cut out all the crap food...I've become a McDonalds whore sinceI only have time for things on the go. I definitely need to stop. Just wanted to offer you some encouragement...it'll be difficult, but you can do it! =)

Iam a big fan of Weight Watchers. I lost 120# on that. I never did eat their food you buy in the stores, but they did teach me how to eat. I will say it is a constant battle. Just remember. You are in control of what goes into your mouth. Unless someone force feeds you or holds a gun to your head and makes you eat something bad, you are in control. Trust me I know it's hard. I fight with it all the time. However I CHOOSE to eat healthy. Thanksgiving am I going to eat...your damed straight I'm going to eat....turkey, pumpkin pie, pecan pie dressing you name it, but within moderation and then Friday it's back to business. Get up and get out and move. Jog, take the dog for a walk, whatever...just move. I jog/walk everyday unless it's raining or snowing or it's just bitter cold. Drink lots of water. I also drink lots of green tea. There is a thread about green tea on here. Just remember you are in control, and food and excercise is a choice. YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck on your weight loss sweetie! I'm still trying to lose weight from when I had my first daughter almost 9 years ago! It's definitely not easy, but it can be accomplished (I'm just not trying too hard). I wish you luck!

Good luck it is a struggle...I know!!!! Drinking green tea and water -lots and lots of water is a real good start! It sounds like you have your mind made up to do it which is half of the battle!

Honestly, I would not recommend people taking pills to "stave off" hunger or get energy. Because what happens is that your body becomes dependant on these things and as soon as you go off of the pills...you will gain weight right back...until you get back on the pill. Its just like yo-yo dieting. Not healthy.

If you have problems eating all the time, I would really say that its not due to "being hungry" and more to "emotional eating". Start journaling. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but you want your weight loss to be long-term, right? In order to get that, in a healthy way, you need to make a lot of long-term lifestyle/eating changes.

Journal everything that goes into your mouth, what the day/time is and your overall mood. Reflecting on the journal at the end of the week will give you an idea of when your "hard times" are. So, in other words, you will see when you "emotionally eat" throughout your days. Clear out your cabinets of ALL foods that are not healthy (processed carbs, refined flour/sugar, and things with excessive salt and transfats should be the first to go). Start packing a cooler bag with snacks (veggies and trans fat free dip, fruit, protein bars, water, etc). This way, when you are out and you "get hungry" you can just reach in and eat what is in the bag. I would also like to add that MOST people mistake pure THIRST for hunger. So, before you eat, drink some water. If the "feeling" goes away in a minute or so, you were just thirsty. If you still feel the "empty stomache" then eat something.

I can guarantee you that you eating "all the time" is not the problem. Its WHAT you are eating that is the problem. Our bodies need "fuel" every 2-3 hours of waking time. The biggest downfall is that people do not plan ahead and they stop at McD's for lunch, the gas station for chips and pop for snack, and just eat like crap.

Plan your eating. Prepare to nourish your body throughout the day...and you'll see the weight start to drop off...even without the pills.

And, journal...this will give you the most "raw" look at your eating style. You can use this information to customize your eating.

And, exercise. At least 3 days a week (cardio). You don't think you have time? Park at the whole other end of the parking lot and walk to the store...take the stairs instead of the elevator/escalator, 2 times a day take a 15 minute brisk walk. Get your body moving and you'll notice a difference.

Its time-consuming...but its long term. And its healthier.

Good luck.

Thanks VenusGoddess! That is some really good advice! And what's weird is I don't eat fast food. I haven't eaten mcdonald's in like...4 years. I really do just eat and eat...once I feel full I keep going. It's weird. I will go out and buy a journal today, though! That's a great idea!!!! Thanks so much for your time!

Originally Posted by jeansguyokc /img/forum/go_quote.gif Iam a big fan of Weight Watchers. I lost 120# on that. I never did eat their food you buy in the stores, but they did teach me how to eat. I will say it is a constant battle. Just remember. You are in control of what goes into your mouth. Unless someone force feeds you or holds a gun to your head and makes you eat something bad, you are in control. Trust me I know it's hard. I fight with it all the time. However I CHOOSE to eat healthy. Thanksgiving am I going to eat...your damed straight I'm going to eat....turkey, pumpkin pie, pecan pie dressing you name it, but within moderation and then Friday it's back to business. Get up and get out and move. Jog, take the dog for a walk, whatever...just move. I jog/walk everyday unless it's raining or snowing or it's just bitter cold. Drink lots of water. I also drink lots of green tea. There is a thread about green tea on here. Just remember you are in control, and food and excercise is a choice. YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!! Encouraging reply!

I'm in the same situation. I've just got so caught up in school, etc that I have completely let my "dieting" go! But I'll be starting back up soon, so you're not alone! If you need a buddy or someone to talk to, feel free to pm me.
smile.gif

Good Luck!!!

I think you are already on the right track, b/c now you have a bunch of MUTers ready to give you encouragement. When I started going to the gym I posted it on here, and every week I would post how many times I actually worked out. It made me feel like if I didn't work out at least twice then I would feel guilty or silly posting.

It always helps me if I tell someone my goals, then you have someone to answer to, kind of anyways.

Originally Posted by Jessica81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Good Luck!!!
I think you are already on the right track, b/c now you have a bunch of MUTers ready to give you encouragement. When I started going to the gym I posted it on here, and every week I would post how many times I actually worked out. It made me feel like if I didn't work out at least twice then I would feel guilty or silly posting.

It always helps me if I tell someone my goals, then you have someone to answer to, kind of anyways.

That's a very good point! You guys are VERY encouraging!!! Thanks!

wow, sound like you already have your mind made up. that's good because then you're halfway there to your ideal weight.

what i did to help me lose weight was i kept a food journal. all i listed was the food that i ate, around what time i ate it, how much i ate, BUT no calories.

then, i wrote down the reason for eating this, how i felt when i ate this, and how i felt AFTER i ate this.

the journal thing really helped me because it forced me to think about the food i was eating and why, and it eliminated my emotional eating habit.

anways,

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!!

Good luck sweetie, I had a horrible time losing all my baby weight after my ds was born (still have about 10 lbs to go). Its hard...,but, some great advise was given -- keep us posted!!!

So far so good. I haven't slipped up on my diet yet. Eating less and eating more healthy! Drinking only water and tea...WOO HOO!!!! Just need to work on exercising more often
frown.gif
I hate exercising

Originally Posted by Kimmers86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif So far so good. I haven't slipped up on my diet yet. Eating less and eating more healthy! Drinking only water and tea...WOO HOO!!!! Just need to work on exercising more often
frown.gif
I hate exercising great to hear u're on the right track ... i need to start going to the gym again . .. u'd think my 3 year membership would do something for me ... but .. the gym keeps taking money out of my acct every month .. and i keep not going

Back