I WILL lose weight!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kimmers...I did not hear back from you but wanted to check and see how it was going... I am going to join the gym tonight so I am kinda excited. I am so shy so it's nice to get out of the house for a change. I am doing the SouthBeach diet and exercising but I am having intense cravings

Three words .... The Abs Diet. I sooo love this book. It teaches you how to eat right, and what to eat and when you should eat...as well as how much. It's based on 12 "power foods" that give your body the proper nutrients to make it through the day. It also teaches you some good exercises to help you work all that fat into muscle! It's not a restrictive diet, but rather a learning tool. I love it so much. I live by this book. It's also got basic scetches of what a kind of food you should intake in a day, and when as well as what exercises you should do. Nothing about it is "you must do this and this and this" it's purely about being healthy and losing weight and building muscle. They've also recently come out with a book full of health recipes (the orginal book has several in it as all) I strongly recommend it
smile.gif
!

On another note, to stave off hunger in a more...natural...way, try to eat something more filling but better for you. My boyfriend introduced me to the smoothy. When made right, it's filling, full of nutrients, and oh so good! (of course, he started on them..because of The Abs Diet Book...but whatever)

Whatever you do. Good luck!

Originally Posted by LVA /img/forum/go_quote.gif great to hear u're on the right track ... i need to start going to the gym again . .. u'd think my 3 year membership would do something for me ... but .. the gym keeps taking money out of my acct every month .. and i keep not going Same for me. $34.67 and I don't go!

Originally Posted by shesBANG /img/forum/go_quote.gif Three words .... The Abs Diet. I sooo love this book.
On another note, to stave off hunger in a more...natural...way, try to eat something more filling but better for you. My boyfriend introduced me to the smoothy. When made right, it's filling, full of nutrients, and oh so good! (of course, he started on them..because of The Abs Diet Book...but whatever)

!

I'll have to look up this book! I really don't think the pills I take are all bad, and I'm still eating three times a day. Here's the stuff in my pills:

Vitamin B6

Biotin

Iodine (kelp)

Chromium

Glucomannan

Advantra Z (bitter orange extract)

Hoodia Gordonii

Yerba Mate (leaves)

White Willow Bark Extract

Apple Cider Vinegar

Cascara Sagrada (bark)

L-Carnitine

Senna (leaves)

Potassium

It really just makes it so I feel full when I should and I stop eating. No more over eating!

Oh, and I LOVE smoothies. But I don't have a blender...lol

Originally Posted by Kimmers86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Same for me. $34.67 and I don't go!

I'll have to look up this book! I really don't think the pills I take are all bad, and I'm still eating three times a day.

Here's the stuff in my pills:

Vitamin B6

Biotin

Iodine (kelp)

Chromium

Glucomannan

Advantra Z (bitter orange extract)

Hoodia Gordonii

Yerba Mate (leaves)

White Willow Bark Extract

Apple Cider Vinegar

Cascara Sagrada (bark)

L-Carnitine

Senna (leaves)

Potassium

It really just makes it so I feel full when I should and I stop eating. No more over eating!

Oh, and I LOVE smoothies. But I don't have a blender...lol

The ingedients in that pill are full of stimulants. Not good. Not long term.
If you want to lose weight, you'll need to eat more than 3 times a day. You should be consuming fuel every 2-3 WAKING hours. That is the only way to effectively lose weight.

Breakfast

Snack

Lunch

Snack

Dinner

Snack

*depending on when you go to bed*

*before bed snack

Eating every 2-3 hours will keep your metabolism up and keep your body out of starvation mode. Then, you won't need those pills.

Originally Posted by jeansguyokc /img/forum/go_quote.gif Iam a big fan of Weight Watchers. I lost 120# on that. I never did eat their food you buy in the stores, but they did teach me how to eat. I will say it is a constant battle. Just remember. You are in control of what goes into your mouth. Unless someone force feeds you or holds a gun to your head and makes you eat something bad, you are in control. Trust me I know it's hard. I fight with it all the time. However I CHOOSE to eat healthy. Thanksgiving am I going to eat...your damed straight I'm going to eat....turkey, pumpkin pie, pecan pie dressing you name it, but within moderation and then Friday it's back to business. Get up and get out and move. Jog, take the dog for a walk, whatever...just move. I jog/walk everyday unless it's raining or snowing or it's just bitter cold. Drink lots of water. I also drink lots of green tea. There is a thread about green tea on here. Just remember you are in control, and food and excercise is a choice. YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!! My mother lost over 160 lbs. on the weightwatchers diet, and now she looks awesome! People think she doesn't eat, but she definitely does! Like you, she just eats it in moderation instead of cramming all the bad junk in her mouth at one time. If my own mother can get herself from a size 32 all the way to a size 16, then I'm pretty sure that you can do the same thing - it just takes time.

Just eat right, and find a sport that you like and do it! It won't even feel like work and the weight will just fly off of ya, and you won't even realize it!

Good luck to you, and keep us posted!

Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Those pills sound pretty good! What are they called? It's miracleburn. VenusGoddess...I hope you're not right but you sound like you are. I'm mostly taking the pills to get used to what "full" feels like and then I'll taper off them. I am eating more than three meals, I just don't usually count snacks. I usually have oatmeal in the morn..later an apple or banana...then a sandwich or lean pocket for lunch..another piece of fruit...then dinner. All day water water water and green tea. I'm hoping that changing my diet will really help cause it really sucked before. Lets just say my favorite food is cake. Also, I wish people (family mostly) would quit telling me I don't need to lose weight. "oh you're tiny!" what? No. They have all lost their minds.StrangerNMist...I would love to do a sport but in wyoming it's freezing outside and I don't know what I could work around my work schedule. I used to go to a stability ball class, but it got cancelled.

Try doing something indoors. I'm not big on going to the gym, and I love learning to dance so I bought myself some dvds on dance! Dropped quite a few dress sizes doing that.

Some DVD's are programmable to where you can fit a workout around your schedule.

Originally Posted by Kimmers86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif VenusGoddess...I hope you're not right but you sound like you are. I'm mostly taking the pills to get used to what "full" feels like and then I'll taper off them. I am eating more than three meals, I just don't usually count snacks. I usually have oatmeal in the morn..later an apple or banana...then a sandwich or lean pocket for lunch..another piece of fruit...then dinner. All day water water water and green tea. If this is truly what you are eating throughout your day...then you are seriously undernourishing yourself! You are not "balancing" your meals enough. You are eating a lot of "empty" foods (and stop eating those lean pockets...they are too high in salts and the preservatives actually inhibit your weight loss goals). Up your protein intake slightly...protein takes longer to digest and so you are full longer.
Try something like this:

Breakfast: 1 serving oatmeal, 1 egg, 1 glass of orange juice (I prefer Florida's Natural)

Snack: 1 apple, 1 string cheese

Lunch: Chicken Fajita wrap (I can give you the recipe), 1 serving fruit (any kind)

Snack: 1 protein shake (I like Isopure)

Dinner: 1 serving Chicken Tortilla Soup (I'll give you the recipe if you want...it makes enough to freeze for later consumption) with some avocado and sour cream.

Dessert: Key Lime Pudding Pie (I'll give you this recipe, as well)

Snack: 1 egg, 1 peeled orange

If you eat like this for a few weeks and get off of those pills, you should still be doing fine.

And...eat everything slowly. Really taste the food...don't just vacuum suck it down...enjoy it.

Dont forget to exercise too! Eating like this will help you lose weight, but exercise will push you alot further. And remember, if you're exercising and you dont seem to be losing as much weight, it's because muscle is heavier then fat! I find using a tape measure to...measure my progress to be more productive then a scale.

Angela, would you post those recipes here or in the recipes section, if you don't mind! Or could you PM them to me! They sound awesome and I'm kind of in the same boat as Kimmers!!

Originally Posted by VenusGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif If this is truly what you are eating throughout your day...then you are seriously undernourishing yourself! You are not "balancing" your meals enough. You are eating a lot of "empty" foods (and stop eating those lean pockets...they are too high in salts and the preservatives actually inhibit your weight loss goals). Up your protein intake slightly...protein takes longer to digest and so you are full longer.
Try something like this:

Breakfast: 1 serving oatmeal, 1 egg, 1 glass of orange juice (I prefer Florida's Natural)

Snack: 1 apple, 1 string cheese

Lunch: Chicken Fajita wrap (I can give you the recipe), 1 serving fruit (any kind)

Snack: 1 protein shake (I like Isopure)

Dinner: 1 serving Chicken Tortilla Soup (I'll give you the recipe if you want...it makes enough to freeze for later consumption) with some avocado and sour cream.

Dessert: Key Lime Pudding Pie (I'll give you this recipe, as well)

Snack: 1 egg, 1 peeled orange

If you eat like this for a few weeks and get off of those pills, you should still be doing fine.

And...eat everything slowly. Really taste the food...don't just vacuum suck it down...enjoy it.

I would love to do those things...eat that food, that is. I love to cook, too! But I honestly don't have time to cook right now. I also don't have the money to keep stocked up on a lot of stuff like that. That's why the oatmeal is good because I store it...fruit is cheap....i eat tons of vegetables with my dinner..etc etc. I love this advice...but it will be nearly impossible for me to take.Oh, and I love tortilla soup. My mom used to make it sometimes!

I really appreciate all the advice and I will try to do all I can to take it, but when you get a half hour lunch and you work eight-ten hours a day, the last thing ya wanna do is cook. I'm so difficult...I know.

150 lbs is not heavy for 5'8". I don't go by weight anyway. I go by tone and inches. When I was 145-150lbs, and I'm 5'9", someone told me I needed to eat something. So it depends on you. I would recommend yoga. Not only is it good for your body, but your mind too. I always leave feeling good about myself.

Originally Posted by Kimmers86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would love to do those things...eat that food, that is. I love to cook, too! But I honestly don't have time to cook right now. I also don't have the money to keep stocked up on a lot of stuff like that. That's why the oatmeal is good because I store it...fruit is cheap....i eat tons of vegetables with my dinner..etc etc. I love this advice...but it will be nearly impossible for me to take.Oh, and I love tortilla soup. My mom used to make it sometimes!

I really appreciate all the advice and I will try to do all I can to take it, but when you get a half hour lunch and you work eight-ten hours a day, the last thing ya wanna do is cook. I'm so difficult...I know.

Believe me when I tell you that I understand. If you have a weekend day to put towards some cooking, cook in bulk and take stuff with you that you can heat up at work. It does take some time and dedication...but once you get into the habit, you'll see how much easier it is! I used to work 12-16 hour DAYS when I was working corporate...and I still made this food. A lot of it is not even about making meals, but being able to pack well for the day. Buy a nice cooler bag and put your day's snacks in it. You can buy protein mix in bulk. The soup recipe I gave freezes well and so you make a full pot and it will last you for (if frozen) a few weeks. If refridgerated, about a week. Chicken fajita wraps take about 15 minutes TOTAL to make.
At this point...its not about whether you can or cannot make it...its more about if you are willing to dedicate the time to do it.

Either way is your choice. I'll give you the tools and you make the choice, ultimately, what to do with them.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by VenusGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif Believe me when I tell you that I understand. If you have a weekend day to put towards some cooking, cook in bulk and take stuff with you that you can heat up at work. It does take some time and dedication...but once you get into the habit, you'll see how much easier it is! I used to work 12-16 hour DAYS when I was working corporate...and I still made this food. A lot of it is not even about making meals, but being able to pack well for the day. Buy a nice cooler bag and put your day's snacks in it. You can buy protein mix in bulk. The soup recipe I gave freezes well and so you make a full pot and it will last you for (if frozen) a few weeks. If refridgerated, about a week. Chicken fajita wraps take about 15 minutes TOTAL to make.
At this point...its not about whether you can or cannot make it...its more about if you are willing to dedicate the time to do it.

Either way is your choice. I'll give you the tools and you make the choice, ultimately, what to do with them.
wink.gif

Thanks so much for your help! I will try to dedicate some time to cooking when I can.

I gave in and ate a piece of pie today.
fight.gif
That's me, fighting with myself. Damn pie and it's deliciousness. Oh well...

Back