30 Inspirations Nail Art Challenge 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh cool, thank you... I'm not very good with art on nails... But I'll try it... Thanks for the thing bout my nail polish being on the cheap side... I would like to learn how to stamp my nails too. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, I bite my nails... I have to say... But when I grow them, they look nice. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So growing it is. Lol

Oh cool, thank you... I'm not very good with art on nails... But I'll try it... Thanks for the thing bout my nail polish being on the cheap side... I would like to learn how to stamp my nails too. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, I bite my nails... I have to say... But when I grow them, they look nice. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So growing it is. Lol
I'm not either, but I like to try :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And the polishes really don't matter anyway, I just love seeing peoples creativity!  I remember in the last marathon I felt myself getting better and more creative as the challenge went on.

I'm more of a beginner when it comes to nail art. But I'll see if I can come up with something to submit an inspiration.
@@bonita22 I'm really glad you're considering it and are joining us for the challenge! Doing a challenge is how I learned too, and I have many techniques yet to try. Please let me know if and in which set you would like to submit an Inspiration. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I will join this!  Not sure if I'll submit an inspiration, as you guys see from the "Nail Polish You're Wearing" thread my manis are generally very basic right now.  I just ordered some new tools and am looking forward to putting them to good use and getting better at nail art though!  This will be a fun way to push myself to do more interesting things.

I will join this!  Not sure if I'll submit an inspiration, as you guys see from the "Nail Polish You're Wearing" thread my manis are generally very basic right now.  I just ordered some new tools and am looking forward to putting them to good use and getting better at nail art though!  This will be a fun way to push myself to do more interesting things.
That is fantastic! I look forward to seeing your experience playing with the new tools - so exciting!

#MUTspirationalmani

lol

That just sounded funny to me, but what about #30MUTmanis or just #MUTmani?

Cute @@disconik! It would work best if all our manis were also canine-themed??? Tee, hee. :rotfl:

Alright. #30MUTmanis (or #30mutmanis as they're not case-sensitive) makes sense and is quick to write, so that's super! When @ has a moment, she'll pop it into the top message as I don't have the 'moderatorship' to do that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks, people!

Cute @@disconik! It would work best if all our manis were also canine-themed??? Tee, hee. :rotfl:

Alright. #30MUTmanis (or #30mutmanis as they're not case-sensitive) makes sense and is quick to write, so that's super! When @ has a moment, she'll pop it into the top message as I don't have the 'moderatorship' to do that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks, people!
Yay!  We have a hashtag!!!

The signup info, schedule, and FAQs are all in the first post for convenience now. The inspiration for the first mani has also been posted! I am still having technical difficulties, but keep an eye out for the full first set in the next day or so.

We are still looking for volunteers for the rest of the sets. Don't be shy about submitting an inspiration. 

The signup info, schedule, and FAQs are all in the first post for convenience now. The inspiration for the first mani has also been posted! I am still having technical difficulties, but keep an eye out for the full first set in the next day or so.

We are still looking for volunteers for the rest of the sets. Don't be shy about submitting an inspiration. 
Awe I'm going to miss the first one, I'm going to be on vacation next week visiting family in Wisconsin.  As much as I'd love to haul a bunch of polish home to work on this I don't want to risk them getting broken :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Can I start early?  I'm planning on doing a mani tonight!

@Monika1  Thanks for sending me the info about this-I am IN.  Does this mean I can only sign up for the second inspiration because the first inspiration is full or do we try to do them all starting 6/13?

Thanks!

Ok, it appears that there may be some confusion.

All the volunteer slots to submit an inspiration mani are filled for the first set. The full first set of inspiration manis will be posted soon. Everyone will then have the opportunity to post a response mani. We will move at a pace of one mani response every five days.

If you would like to submit a mani for everyone else to use as inspiration for their own manis, it will be in the second, third, fourth, or fifth sets. Send me a message if you would like to submit an inspiration mani. Everyone can submit a response mani to each of the thirty response manis.

The first inspiration mani is posted in the first post of this thread. It was submitted by Monika1. Everyone should post a picture of the mani they created that was based on/inspired by Monika's mani between June 13 and June 17.

Awe I'm going to miss the first one, I'm going to be on vacation next week visiting family in Wisconsin. As much as I'd love to haul a bunch of polish home to work on this I don't want to risk them getting broken :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Can I start early? I'm planning on doing a mani tonight!
Yes, you can start early! The first inspiration mani is posted in the first post of this thread, and the rest of the inspiration manis for the first set will be posted ASAP. Have a wonderful time visiting your family! I just recently moved away from Wisconsin, and I can't believe how much I miss it.

I'm not either, but I like to try :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And the polishes really don't matter anyway, I just love seeing peoples creativity!  I remember in the last marathon I felt myself getting better and more creative as the challenge went on.
Me too, definitely! And I suppose it helped that as we went along I got a few more tools to experiment with. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks @ for clarifying - yes, if you want to participate in this challenge, all you have to do is take a peek at the Inspiration mani in the first post on page #1 of this thread [press the Show button under the text 'Inspiration Set One'], and post your own mani in response. No sign-up is required to do this. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In case you're checking out this thread to see if you can get started yet - yes! the first mani is already there! You can aim to get a response mani done, photographed, and posted between June 13th and June 17th! [or earlier or later if you're away, etc.]

Now as we go along, some of us, hopefully many!, will be submitting Inspiration manis too. I'm facing this question now: should I do a response to my own Inspiration mani? Why not? It's up to you - you can consider it a vacation (since you already did the mani), or you can post a 'take 2'; I know I always have ideas of what I could have done differently/better or I faced a dilemma when I was doing the mani and made a choice and now can see what will happen when I make the other choice. @@Stitchie has already done a response mani for this one; same idea applies. Effectively, we already have two inspirations for this first one!

Awe I'm going to miss the first one, I'm going to be on vacation next week visiting family in Wisconsin. As much as I'd love to haul a bunch of polish home to work on this I don't want to risk them getting broken :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Can I start early? I'm planning on doing a mani tonight!
Where at? I'm from WI too. Going to Milwaukee in 2 weeks

Back