30 Inspirations Nail Art Challenge 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Christa, that is so beautiful! Yes, we're posting responses in this thread, and yes, the silver in mine is also OPI It's Frosty Outside. I'm really happy this challenge is happening, as I was looking forward to one too, so thanks so much everyone for joining in! The more people are involved, the more interesting this will be.

NPB in general seems super popular right now - how do you compare Digital Flash to other topcoats? I'm really curious.

In response to your question about posting others' manis from online: I am hoping the posts would be our own as we don't always know whether people are OK with their work being re-posted. I am thinking of so many of your manis that would be fantastic Inspirations. Just as a little example, any of your reverse-stamping creations would really push me creatively. I'm not sure as I write, if you posted one, if I would go for it or 'wimp out' (ahem, be alternately creatively inspired) and go in a wholly different direction with the response.
Thanks!!! I am going to go back and look for some to submit. I guess I didn't think I had any that would inspire you ladies!!!

As far as Digital Flash goes so far my impression is that I love it more than any other topcoat ever!! I know there is one or two out there I haven't used but I'm super impresses. It dries very fast, even faster than Seche Vite. It doesn't smear my nail art even if I use it immediately after!!! I have not tested for wear because you guys know I change polish almost daily.

Not a masterpiece, but here we go.  Using Zoya Blue, Revlon Wintermint, Color Club label-missing blue, China Glaze Sunday Funday, Color Club Breakfast At...  

z2RmAyhl.jpg

Not a masterpiece, but here we go.  Using Zoya Blue, Revlon Wintermint, Color Club label-missing blue, China Glaze Sunday Funday, Color Club Breakfast At...  

z2RmAyhl.jpg
That's really cute, love it!

So I decided to get out my Orly Mash Up collection from last year to do the first mani.  This is Orly Pretty-Ugly (it's not!) with Orly Sparkling Garbage on the accent and for the dots.  Sparkling Garbage is one of my favorite polishes ever, so much so that I bought a backup and one for my friend for her birthday.  It's so pretty on its own or layered over any blue or green polish.

I need a little cuticle cleanup, but here it is anyway!

10464142_818056800967_3292800735101871349_n.jpg10006422_818056741087_2064473830569842997_n.jpg10385385_818056721127_7949135085496852362_n.jpg

Are we posting the manis in this thread or is there another one started?  I just finished mine!!  I can't wait til Friday.

Well here it is!!  I wanted to keep close to the original design because the color combination is fantastic, but going with a neon twist.  I am so excited for this challenge because all I have been doing lately is swatching and I was so excited to do some nail art.  Thanks Monika for this idea.  It's so unique and is going to be a blast!!  I used OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around for my base color on my thumb, middle and ring fingers.  I left the thumb alone. I then used Orly Hot Tropics from the new Baked collection for my index and pinkie fingers.  I used it also for the dots along with another shade from the same collection and that's the purple shade Saturated.  I love them both.  I then used OPI It's Frosty Outside which if I remember correctly was the silver originally used.  All nails are topped with one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Digital Flash.

Inspiration1.jpg
Ohmygosh I love it!!!

And that Orly pink looks like a near dupe to Butter London, Disco Biscuit, which I love!

Great job!

Thanks!!! I am going to go back and look for some to submit. I guess I didn't think I had any that would inspire you ladies!!!

As far as Digital Flash goes so far my impression is that I love it more than any other topcoat ever!! I know there is one or two out there I haven't used but I'm super impresses. It dries very fast, even faster than Seche Vite. It doesn't smear my nail art even if I use it immediately after!!! I have not tested for wear because you guys know I change polish almost daily.
@@Christa W & @@Monika1 Ok, I have to ask, what is this 'Digital Flash'? Is that a brand of top coat? I've been an avid Seche Vite user for years now but if there is something better I'd love to know more! =)

z2RmAyhl.jpg

So I decided to get out my Orly Mash Up collection from last year to do the first mani.  This is Orly Pretty-Ugly (it's not!) with Orly Sparkling Garbage on the accent and for the dots.  Sparkling Garbage is one of my favorite polishes ever, so much so that I bought a backup and one for my friend for her birthday.  It's so pretty on its own or layered over any blue or green polish.

I need a little cuticle cleanup, but here it is anyway!

10464142_818056800967_3292800735101871349_n.jpg
10006422_818056741087_2064473830569842997_n.jpg
10385385_818056721127_7949135085496852362_n.jpg
We've just begun the challenge and I'm already drooling over how great everyone's is turning out!!! :w00t:   These are really, really nice! I can't wait to see more =)

Last edited by a moderator:
@@Christa W & @@Monika1 Ok, I have to ask, what is this 'Digital Flash'? Is that a brand of top coat? I've been an avid Seche Vite user for years now but if there is something better I'd love to know more! =)
It's a fast dry topcoat by indie brand Nail Pattern Boldness. I have gone through 3 bottles of Seche Vite in the past year plus one of KBShimmer Clearly on Top and I just got Digital Flash. I love it so far more than any other top coat brand!!

Happy Friday the 13th!

This is my first time EVER doing anything like this.  I was unable to get my dots on one side of the nail, but here is my result:
So cute, great job!  I was intimidated by dots the first time I tried it too but it was much better the second time I tried.  What is that great purple polish?

I have a large moonstone ring too that I also wear on the middle finger of my left hand...we are moonstone buddies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Catching up here. Wow! This is wonderful; all the responses are so pretty and exciting, and inspiring themselves - you all definitely have the talent to also submit an inspiration mani, and since you have the time while you wait for the 18th to 22nd to post your next mani... why not play with ideas and create one to submit in set two?

And it's already June 13th! Yay! In case you're reading this several days/weeks later and are worried you've missed this opportunity, no worries. You can start right in on the schedule wherever we are (so if it's July 18th you could start by posting your response mani to Inspiration #8, and then continue to #9), or you can choose to play a bit of catch-up and post a few earlier response manis if you're happy to be super busy with nail polish!

Just in case you haven't posted a photo before, here is what you need to do: 1) Have the image in your directory on your machine. 2) In the Reply window, if you aren't already in the full-fledged window, you will have a button More Reply Options at the bottom right. Select it. Now at the bottom you will have an Attach Files section. Select Browse to find the image on your machine. Then the file name will be next to the Browse button. Select Attach This File. Notice at this point there is still nothing in your Reply window, but your file name and a little thumbnail is just above the Attach Files section. On the far right of that, select Add To Post. You will not see your image in your reply, but the text file name now in your Reply window represents where the image will be in your reply. Done! Don't forget to Post your message or Add Reply!

It's a fast dry topcoat by indie brand Nail Pattern Boldness. I have gone through 3 bottles of Seche Vite in the past year plus one of KBShimmer Clearly on Top and I just got Digital Flash. I love it so far more than any other top coat brand!!
...and I'm placing my order now! haha! Thanks! I'm curious to see how it stands up to the Seche =)

...and I'm placing my order now! haha! Thanks! I'm curious to see how it stands up to the Seche =)
Can't wait to see what you think. I've still got my inspiration mani on and no chipping. That almost 48 hrs. Not sure how much Digital Flash has to do with it but I am pleased. I had to work in office which I haven't done in months and luckily I had done this mani.

Back