Bamboo Makeup Brushes from Ecotools

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually bought these brushes today: the five-piece set (blush, eyeshadow, angled liner, concealer, and brow/lash comb) and the powder brush. I just washed them so I haven't gotten a chance to actually use them, but while I was playing with them, I couldn't help but notice how amazingly soft they were compared to other drugstore type brushes (those are atrocious. people should be ashamed to call those things brushes).

Since I haven't actually tested them on my face yet, I don't want to jump ahead of myself and make rash conclusions. All I can say for now is that the powder brush is really fluffy, which was what I was aiming for. =)

I'll post a review whenever I can.

i bought the brush set and the foundation brush, they're lovely! i already washed them to test out the shedding factor and they didn't at all. they're super soft and they're all pretty dense. i think they're such good quality for the price and it's great that they're made from renewable resources. i really love them. the worst part was finding it though. i scouted three walgreens in my area until i finally found one, whew!

I just received my newest subscription of Allure and I read that these are Alicia Silverstone's favorite brushes. She is a staunch vegetarian and animal rights activist so she doesn't use anything using by-products of animals. I also like these because they don't shed or lose their shape even after washing.

all 5 brushes for $12! that is a bargain! we don't have anything like that here in oz. So they feel soft on the skin?

thanks for posting PG!

Eco tools brushes are now on sale at ULTA. Check their website. I just got my 5 pieces set there fro $11.25 (less actually, since I have the coupon). But my local Walgreens sells it for lower price at $10.49 (if I'm not mistaken).

Haven't tried them yet, but I just love to look at them
biggrin.gif

I have a couple of these brushes and I must say from what I can tell they are great! So soft and the angled brush gives you such a precise line.

try them, I bet you will love em!

I have 3 of the eyeshadow brushes and I really like them. They work well with minerals and I've used them with my MAC paint pots too! Another plus, I think is they are easy to clean. Soft, but not so squishy that they lose shape.

I'm a bit confused on this post, somebody posted they just came out a month ago? I have had these brushes for over a year, but I live in Canada so maybe they are just reaching the U.S? Anyways they are great brushes, to be honest they are alot softer than my M.A.C brushes, they don't shed...the only downfall is you have to be super careful that u lay them on there side to dry....they do take a bit longer to dry and be sure that absolutly NO water gets in the ferrule the glue can be a bit weak....but if u wash them correctly they are the best brushes I have ever bought and cheap
biggrin.gif

Lol now I see the original post is 2 years old....sorry forget I said a bit confused lol!

OMG!! You dont know what your missing out on! lol. As I said, try them. I think these are a lot softer than mac ones and cheap!

I use their eyeshadow and blush brush. I wish they were easier to get where I live. I don't have much use for the other brushes. They need a good blending brush and I'd be sold. A blending brush and a pencil brush. Those are the only brushes I actually need and I have so many, what a waste!

You can find these brushes at Target. I hear they are super soft, however apparently the smaller ones shed quite easily as well if not properly maintained.

I have a few of these and my roommate has a few others I have tried. They are AWESOME quality. I have the angled brush (for shadow/liner) and the brow/lash comb, and I've also tried one of the eyeshadow brushes and the blush brush. Great line!

I have several. I started trying them because they're cheap and I wasn't impressed with Essence of Beauty which I had been recommended repeatedly. I think they're well-made and very soft. They've never shed and I've really enjoyed the stipling and concealer brushes. They do the job for me, but this is coming from someone who doesn't own a high end brush so...

I recently purchased the 5 set from Target.  I LIKE them, but don't LOVE them.  I did a full review. Deleted per Terms of Service

I love these brushes they were actually my first set of brushes when i first started experimenting w/ makeup. I have them all even the alicia silverstone set. I brought a revlon kabuki brush and that brush fell apart and my bamboo brushes are going strong.... I brought them all at Walmart

Back