Beauty Army- January 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My selection window is today!  Yippee!  I've seen many of you say that you make your selections about 15 min before 9 am (noon my time).  How do you do that? Do the selection windows open early, or do you take the quiz without logging in and then log in to pay after you make your selections?

Thanks (in advance) for your help!

I think you can log in early and just keep refreshing your page. Should update as soon as the new items are available! Happy selecting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi!!

So I'm new to Beauty Army.  I got a "secret" gift subscription for Christmas.  By the time I figured out how to get the darn thing to work I wound up getting a subscription window that is at the *very last* of the month.  Could this pose a problem?  I actually really love my selection for December!   I took advice from on here and told them I was 13-18 (ha).

Also, does Beauty Army *ever* give nail polish?  I sure hope so, but it doesn't look like it....

Originally Posted by Pattycakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi!!

So I'm new to Beauty Army.  I got a "secret" gift subscription for Christmas.  By the time I figured out how to get the darn thing to work I wound up getting a subscription window that is at the *very last* of the month.  Could this pose a problem?  I actually really love my selection for December!   I took advice from on here and told them I was 13-18 (ha).

Also, does Beauty Army *ever* give nail polish?  I sure hope so, but it doesn't look like it....
Hey PattyCakes!  I'm not sure if there's a good or bad time to select each month.  It seems to matter more if you're able to be at your computer right as your selection window starts at 9 am PST (noon EST).  They refresh the samples every day.  I hope you enjoy BA! I love it so far!

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you can log in early and just keep refreshing your page. Should update as soon as the new items are available! Happy selecting
smile.gif
Thanks! I just don't see where on the site to take the beauty quiz once I log in.  Is it under my profile? Does a link pop up at the right moment?  I can take the quiz if I log out, but then it wants me to register as a new customer.  I'm sure it'll work at noon, I just want to beat the clock! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

never mind! It popped up as a link in the upper left-hand corner right on time.  I took the profile several times, and was about to give up for the day because the Special Forces eyeshadow wasn't showing up.  Then I raised the age to 25-30 and all sorts of fun stuff popped up.  I had to refresh several times, but I got some great stuff! 4 of the 6 items are multi-use, and the two single-use packets (hair mask and eye mask) are things I saw in other boxes and wanted to try.  I'm happy!

GRAND CENTRAL BEAUTY 
SMART SKIN PERFECTING MASK

BATH & BODY WORKS 
JAPANESE CHERRY BLOSSOM SHOWER GEL

SKINN COSMETICS 
TWIN SET (CORAL POPPY)

MACADAMIA NATURAL OIL
DEEP REPAIR MASQUE

KARUNA 
RENEWAL EYE MASK

WHIP HAND COSMETICS 
SPECIAL FORCES LOOSE PIGMENT EYESHADOW

4030-0084-0003-150x150.jpg

MARK. 
SCANDA-LASH BLACK MASCARA

Ooo I am so jealous you got the skinn in coral poppy! I got that ONCE and silly me refreshed the page and that color never popped up again. I settled for the pink tulip color. I want to see a swatch of that when you get it!!

New here, although I've been reading for a while.  This is my second month with beauty army and I was way happy with what I got this month.

Actually that was one of my "meh" items, but I really really wanted the face mask, the eyeshadow, and the eye mask.  Honestly, I'd be interested in trading.  

Good question, I'm pretty open. Do you have a trade list? Or you can just pm me with a few options.

I emailed BA and they said they couldn't send me the mascara this month cuz the box had shipped out...my selection window was on saturday...and by monday it had shipped out already? odd...but oh well, the girl said I need to email them next month as soon as I select my products and they will include the mascara...which means I HAVE TO get next month otherwise I won't get my mascara meh...I'm so sick of B & BW showing up...

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed BA and they said they couldn't send me the mascara this month cuz the box had shipped out...my selection window was on saturday...and by monday it had shipped out already? odd...but oh well, the girl said I need to email them next month as soon as I select my products and they will include the mascara...which means I HAVE TO get next month otherwise I won't get my mascara meh...I'm so sick of B & BW showing up...
Now they have you locked in for next month! That's how they get ya... I hear you on the B&BW, but I do prefer them to foil packets!

ETA: what did you end up getting this month?

Ok. I will PM you when I get home and look through my stuff to give you a good list of options
smile.gif
Yay! Thanks!

I made my selections on Saturday and my box shipped out on Monday as well.

Ooo I am so jealous you got the skinn in coral poppy! I got that ONCE and silly me refreshed the page and that color never popped up again. I settled for the pink tulip color. I want to see a swatch of that when you get it!!
Just select Dramatic when it comes to the question about your make up style :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm not a member of Beauty Army but am thinking of joining. Does anyone have any feedback for me? How do you like the products? How is the customer service? I am a member of Birchbox and Sample Society tho. How does Beauty Army compare?  Any info would be helpful!
worship.gif

Thanks for the tip yoru I know I changed my profile a billion times and couldn't remember a single thing I had done to get back to what I wanted. Think next month I will sit down with a pen and paper :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by CaWo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not a member of Beauty Army but am thinking of joining. Does anyone have any feedback for me? How do you like the products? How is the customer service? I am a member of Birchbox and Sample Society tho. How does Beauty Army compare?  Any info would be helpful!
worship.gif
The products featured are nice, and to get the best ones you have to play with your profile. Customer service so far(in my personal experience) is good and they answer fast. I don't have Birchbox, but I do have SS and the thing I like about Beauty Army is the I can pick my items or skip if I don't want them, but I get to see what I'm getting beforehand and with Sample Society you don't know what you'll get until after it's shipped and you've been charged.

Back