Beauty Army September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I totally use hair oils "wrong". I realize most of them are for sleeking up straighter hair, and that's fine and all, but what I've found that I love to do (since I love my curls) is just put it on wet hair from the shower, then put on a plastic shower cap overnight. In the morning, not only is my hair uber-soft (though rarely dry), but the curls and ringlets are just PERFECT without any hassle. Just goes to show, sometimes the unorthodox method does well (I think the reason my hair doesn't look oily from doing this is the Arizona heat).
I used the macadamia oil on my curly hair too...I just put it on wet hair and let it air dry, no frizz! 

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I totally use hair oils "wrong". I realize most of them are for sleeking up straighter hair, and that's fine and all, but what I've found that I love to do (since I love my curls) is just put it on wet hair from the shower, then put on a plastic shower cap overnight. In the morning, not only is my hair uber-soft (though rarely dry), but the curls and ringlets are just PERFECT without any hassle. Just goes to show, sometimes the unorthodox method does well (I think the reason my hair doesn't look oily from doing this is the Arizona heat).
That's not wrong, that's just another method. You can also do what you do but a quick version is to apply heat to it. It's what they do in beauty salons.

*goes and crawls back into bed*

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!! Just picked my first Beauty Army samples! I've been looking for days now and finally finally finally got 6 things I wanted to show up on one list! 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used the macadamia oil on my curly hair too...I just put it on wet hair and let it air dry, no frizz! 
That's how I use mine but I have straight hair. It leaves it all shiney and smelling deeeelicious!

Not sure if it's the same everywhere, but the Target nearest to me (Concord, NH) is having a huge sale on all of their Macadamia products. Buy one get one on the oil, spray oil, shampoo, conditioner, and deep treatment.

Originally Posted by Virginia Reyna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!! Just picked my first Beauty Army samples! I've been looking for days now and finally finally finally got 6 things I wanted to show up on one list! 
 that's a great box. I meant to log in today early to try and get teh shea terra scrub and I completely forgot (thanks to work lol). I really want to try it out because I've heard nothing but good things about it!

Finally, after skipping 4 + months of BeautyArmy, I get an email that said they just added a lash growth serum called lashem for selection in beauty army kits ($90), and I have until Sept 16th to choose my box, so I hurried over to the website to pick out the samples for my box!  I am most excited for the lash growth serum, but I have to say, the other items I picked are pretty awesome too (might be one of the best boxes yet)!  Yay, hopefully BA keeps adding nice valued items to the boxes instead of having the same crap over and over again.

This is a super well-rounded box: something for eyes, eyelashes, hair, face, and body!!  I just wish that nailtiques was still one of my choices because I would have chosen that instead of the shower gel, and then it would have been the PERFECT most awesomest box EVERRR. hehe.

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally, after skipping 4 + months of BeautyArmy, I get an email that said they just added a lash growth serum called lashem for selection in beauty army kits ($90), and I have until Sept 16th to choose my box, so I hurried over to the website to pick out the samples for my box!  I am most excited for the lash growth serum, but I have to say, the other items I picked are pretty awesome too (might be one of the best boxes yet)!  Yay, hopefully BA keeps adding nice valued items to the boxes instead of having the same crap over and over again.

This is a super well-rounded box: something for eyes, eyelashes, hair, face, and body!!  I just wish that nailtiques was still one of my choices because I would have chosen that instead of the shower gel, and then it would have been the PERFECT most awesomest box EVERRR. hehe.
I hope the serum is there for next month :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  i just saw the email now

I had cancelled Beauty Army but got an email about the lash serum. I couldn't resist resubbing! Here are my selections:

I rejoined after seeing the email. I got the same box as you flutter but got the mac oil instead of nume. I'm excited
yess.gif
 Awesome box!!!

Originally Posted by brandarae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had cancelled Beauty Army but got an email about the lash serum. I couldn't resist resubbing! Here are my selections:

I did the same thing and have almost the same box, with the fragrance towelette in place of your Kellett sample. I'm really over subscription programs but I've never tried any BB creams, lash gels, or Skyn Iceland products. I'm actually pretty excited to try all the stuff, though I wish I could have gotten the Vita-K, Shea Terra, or nailtiques to pop up- would have been the PERFECT comeback box. :'[

Anyone care to make a trade? I got the Nailtiques and while I know it's a good quality product, it's the wrong one for me. I'm hoping to trade for an Aphrodite Powder or Suntegrity Tnted Moisturizer. Please PM me if interested!

Originally Posted by brandarae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first month! When I saw the email about the LashEm I couldn't resist joining. I have the same products except instead of the B&B Works gel and the kellett acne treatment I got the Emani primer and the egyptian magic skin cream.

I re-subbed after seeing the Lashem too!  I don't know how long I'll stay subbed, but I couldn't pass this up.  I loved the Talika Lipocils sample that I got through Birchbox, and I have been wanting to purchase a lash serum, so I couldn't resist.  I have wanted the Macadamia Oil too, and that was one of my choices, so I'm excited for this!

And me too.  They sucked me in.  I had set up an acct with them but never joined.  The Lashem reeled me in.  I'm currently trying the Talika Lipocils sample from BB right now.

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am excited on the lash thing and will no skip this month!  Does anyone know if the SKYN ICELAND is a one-use or something like the eye-candy and can be reused?

ZoomButt.gif

Its a one use, I believe. I haven't opened mine yet, but by the way they feel they are similar to the Chella product beauty army had before.

Back