Beauty Army September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by sammajamma /img/forum/go_quote.gif

twilight woods is one of my favorite bath and body works scents (that and dark kiss!) 

Maybe I'm a weirdo but I like that its a little masculine 
I like spicey~woodsy, so maybe I'll like it too. I am wondering if it will be too strong, but this is what is so nice about samples. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow the lipsi and suntegrity samples are a lot tinier than I expected... It feels like the sample sizes keep dwindling, and the survey is annoying. There were several companies I wanted to try (nailtiques, vita-k, shea terra, etc) that never popped up in the same window during the first week, and when the LashEm emails went out not a single one of those companies showed, yet others were able to get them (the whole 9AM thing is bad, it's not like they're constantly getting resupplied over night; those sampels are in stock, they just want them to feel limited.)

I'll probably be sitting out until BA gets decent sized samples from good companies, I already quit BB, MyGlam, LBB, and EcoEmi. This was actually going to be my second skip until they sent out those LashEm emails! I guess I'm over subscriptions :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by autumnandicarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow the lipsi and suntegrity samples are a lot tinier than I expected... It feels like the sample sizes keep dwindling, and the survey is annoying. There were several companies I wanted to try (nailtiques, vita-k, shea terra, etc) that never popped up in the same window during the first week, and when the LashEm emails went out not a single one of those companies showed, yet others were able to get them (the whole 9AM thing is bad, it's not like they're constantly getting resupplied over night; those sampels are in stock, they just want them to feel limited.)

I'll probably be sitting out until BA gets decent sized samples from good companies, I already quit BB, MyGlam, LBB, and EcoEmi. This was actually going to be my second skip until they sent out those LashEm emails! I guess I'm over subscriptions :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
LOVE your hair! And I agree, Beauty Army is kind of lame. I hate the profile system and all of my choices are always boring moisturizers no matter what I select in my profile. If I click to include men's items to snag a cologne sample for my boyfriend, 6 of the 9 items they show will be men's products. Otherwise, it's moisturizer or sunscreen and Bath & Body Works shower gels which really peeve me because they're cheap and easy to come by. If I ever decide to drop a box it will definitely be Beauty Army.

For anyone trying to get the Nailtiques as one of their samples: I found the protein builder base coat at Shopko (I think this is just a Pacific NW chain) for $1.54 today. I couldn't get it to come up in my samples on BA, but at that price, I had to pick one up today.

Originally Posted by Shannon28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For anyone trying to get the Nailtiques as one of their samples: I found the protein builder base coat at Shopko (I think this is just a Pacific NW chain) for $1.54 today. I couldn't get it to come up in my samples on BA, but at that price, I had to pick one up today.
your lucky! i got nailtiques in my BA and i love it, athough i saw it at cvs for 9.99

For the first time ever, I was able to pick out 6 products I wanted from the initial 9 that popped up on my selection window when I logged in:

I concur that the BA sample sizes are small, but am just glad I did not have to retake the survey over and over, day after day, just to get a few things I wanted to try. 

Here's hoping that this Pedi pad proves useful!

I got my box today!

• Suntegrity is a few shades too dark for me which is partially my fault, I never know whether to get light or medium because I'm inbetween. I have orange face right now! It also made my face look a bit greasy for my taste (I use matte foundation) but the Lipsi actually helped tone it down. I would have liked it more in a June/July BA rather than our first fall box.
  • I like the Lipsi sample and wish they were bigger!
  • Twilight woods smells delicious.
  • The LashEm is interesting, I don't think any of these lash serums should be $40-80- I saw this one for $30 on Amazon. Reviews say it's more for improving lash condition than length.
  • Saving Ruddy Water for when I have a migraine and can't apply regular perfume :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  • Excited to try my Skyn gels, sad that they're a one time use! :[

Quote:

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOVE your hair! And I agree, Beauty Army is kind of lame. I hate the profile system and all of my choices are always boring moisturizers no matter what I select in my profile. If I click to include men's items to snag a cologne sample for my boyfriend, 6 of the 9 items they show will be men's products. Otherwise, it's moisturizer or sunscreen and Bath & Body Works shower gels which really peeve me because they're cheap and easy to come by. If I ever decide to drop a box it will definitely be Beauty Army.
Thank you!! I was glad to get the twilight woods soap for my boyfriend because everyone was saying is was a little bit too masculine for them, he likes the scent and I loooove it. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I agree though, if you choose something like fragrance or men's products it crowds your selection with those things :[ I don't mind BBW just because I like getting soaps, but they are a bit cheapie considering we've gotten plently of fullsized things that were more expensive in our selections.

Originally Posted by AsianGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For the first time ever, I was able to pick out 6 products I wanted from the initial 9 that popped up on my selection window when I logged in:

I concur that the BA sample sizes are small, but am just glad I did not have to retake the survey over and over, day after day, just to get a few things I wanted to try. 

Here's hoping that this Pedi pad proves useful!

Two new products in your box, you lucky lady! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I really want a pedi sponge so I'll probably buy one of those if the BA reviews are good :]

I'm actually very interested in seeing what they have for October but not expecting anything to make me want to resub. I might resub to EcoEmi because she actually goes for themes.
wub.gif

Shhhhh...this is a secret.. but I just opened another account today to make selections.....

Just between us ok?   

Of the 6 .. 3 is a repeat ( macadamia hair treatment, eye gels, nail protein) 

I've tried all of them and they are wonderful.   

I was able to get everything I wanted with this selection. 

I added the fragrance to my selection :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I received a mystery sample last week by BA ... which was a perfume sample

and was pleasantly surprised by their line of samples

So I wanted to give it a shot... I seem to have a collection going on with so many subscription boxes anyways.

Everyone was dashing for the Lashem... so I had to get it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Dont want to be the only one not jumping off the bridge you know. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Some of you mentioned the size of the suntegrity and lipsi being too small. 

I didnt think the size of the BB cream was too small at all. 

since all I needed was 3 very small foil packet samples for the BB cream i am using now...which I have been using for years. 

With that said......  I hope the lipsi has a few days of use in it so I can fall in love with it too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

(btw....  I didnt like the suntegrity bb cream.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> boo hoo) 

Honestly... when I first started this subscription....I was soooo disappointed with the products that I cancelled immediatly.

and then..... I fell in love with their box... YES their box...  

I think they have the only box that I am willing to keep on top of my make up table.

All the others have become makeup storage boxes... I don't like to keep anything out in the open since dust will sit on top of it. 

I dont mind the white boxes as long as they keep them coming.  I mean... I cant have 3 black and one white box!!!

Told my friend about my obsession with these boxes.. and he mentioned the boxes I can pick up at stores... better... prettier boxes...

NOOOO!!!  Me Neeeeds themmm packagggesss.  Only reason I go to the office is to wait for my packagggeesss!!! 

.... this just became a very long post... sorry everyone... I got side tracked again.. 

and if anyone is interested.... Yes, my friend thinks I am crazy. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

they told me my box shipped on the 12th and I still haven't gotten it! I wonder if this is normal, as its my first month with beauty army

They do take a while... but that does seem much slower than usual.

Did you get your shipping info?  

Maybe you should give them a call or write them an email just in case. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I made an account for Beauty Army and it immediately gave me options for samples. Should I sign up? Do samples vary by person?

The selection it keeps giving me is with the macadamia hair oil which I have been wanting to try for so long!

But the lashem seems so interesting but its not coming up for me as a selection, for those who were able to get it how did you put your profile as ?

From what I know.... timing is everything.

Sometimes you will get the macadamia hair oil.. sometimes you will get packets.. and packets and only packets..

just remember to check the hair and eyes and you have to play around with the profile several times. 

I pretty much stick with the same stuff except change the age selection around.  

For the above I did...  Hair, makeup, eyes, nail, fragrance and I believe it was the 31 + age group.  

Some people say 9 ish works great... for me.. I just play around with it every few hours ... 

Hope that helped....  Good luck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by annieha10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Shhhhh...this is a secret.. but I just opened another account today to make selections.....

Just between us ok?   

Lol dont worry i did the same thing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i wanted to get the Lashem, Macadamia hair oil ,and another nailtiques since I already got one and it is working wonders for my nails. I couldnt resist in getting another one!

I rushed my selection this morning. Last time, they gave me a random box cause I ran out of time even when though it was only my fourth day. They persisted it was my 5th and shipped my box then said they would give me an extra sample in my next box. Have anyone had to receive an extra sample? It wasn't an option on the website so I'm trying to contact them.

Originally Posted by annieha10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They do take a while... but that does seem much slower than usual.

Did you get your shipping info?  

Maybe you should give them a call or write them an email just in case. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
it came today so I guess I spoke too soon! So excited, everything seems great. Really big sample sizes too!

Originally Posted by sammajamma /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it came today so I guess I spoke too soon! So excited, everything seems great. Really big sample sizes too!
Hooray ~~~~!!!

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have anyone had to receive an extra sample? It wasn't an option on the website so I'm trying to contact them.
I had an extra sample this month because one of mine leaked last month. What you'll do is go ahead and make your selections and then email CS. I think I just replied to the original email promising me a 7th item. They'll go back in and add it for you. Hopefully they'll ask you what you want. They asked me. 

I received the Suntegrity BB Cream, Skyn Iceland eye gels, Nailtiques product, 2 Bath & Body works shower gels, and the Lipsi Cosmetics Aphrodite powder. (Sorry no picture!) I am pretty happy with my sample sizes this month. I do hope I get the Shea Terra to show up one of these times!

I tried the Suntegrity product and I definitely would not consider it a "BB Cream". I first tried to use it like my normal BB Cream, which I use in place of foundation. It provided no coverage and left my skin feeling greasy. (I have combination skin.) I have fair to light skin and got the "light" but really didn't notice any color at all.

Then I used about half the amount as a moisturizer/sunscreen under my makeup/BB cream and it worked great! Love the natural ingredients. (Zinc Oxide is the active ingredient.)

I've been using the Nailtiques product also and it is working well (I received a sample previously through Beautyfix). My nails definitely look and feel stronger. They were weak/peeling before due to abuse.

As far as the Bath & Body Works shower gels, I am not really picky about shower gels and their products always smell nice so I am happy to have them for travelling!

YES! Finally my selections gave me the lashem gel as an option of course I had to grab it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

This is my first time trying Beauty Army and I am very excited. Since I signed up so late in the month am I going to have selections for October since its approaching so quickly? Or do I have to wait to get my October box after I get my September box?

These were the samples I selected 

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YES! Finally my selections gave me the lashem gel as an option of course I had to grab it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

This is my first time trying Beauty Army and I am very excited. Since I signed up so late in the month am I going to have selections for October since its approaching so quickly? Or do I have to wait to get my October box after I get my September box?

These were the samples I selected 

You won't get to make your October picks until your selection window opens, which happens each month on the day you made your first selection. So if you just picked these items, you won't get to pick again until October 26th.

Back