Beauty DNA

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to say that if anyone chooses "fragrance free" it will seriously limit your options.
Maybe that was it for me?  I figured I hadn't selected that because I'd been getting some scented products.  But I went back in and checked my profile and saw that I had that set as a preference.  I changed a few other answers so we'll see what the end of the month brings.

I have been subbed to beautydna since they started. I just wanted to say that if anyone chooses "fragrance free" it will seriously limit your options. I have received mainly skin and body products and one hair product during my time with them. My profile is filled out so that I don't get too many hair products as I have a pixie cut, so not too interested for obvious reasons.

Their CS has been really great for me so I would suggest emailing them and asking if there is anything you can do to your profile to receive a little variety.
Interesting.  They told me to put fragrance free even if I am open to products with natural vs artificial fragrances.  

I have fragrance free and I have had no artificial fragrances (YAY they are a massive migraine trigger for me) but one product had natural fragrance from the ingredients which is perfect for me.

I'm not keen on hair products (in general I'm happy with what I'm using so that works for me.  I am happy if they keep sending skincare to me - I'm okay with that...I did get sent an eyelash enhancer too so far and I liked it but didn't love it.  Value has been really great though.  

@@TooMuchElectric

@@TooMuchElectric

I received the same product last week! I was so excited. I was sort of hoping for a hair product but I'm ok with a $96 serum. Been using it a week now and since it has retinol in it, its making my skin peel a bit but I think it will improve over time. I've used prescription retinol product so this is nothing.
me too - never used anything with retinol before - so I'm curious as to what it will be like.  Its my 3rd box and second serum but I LOVE serums so I'm fine with it.

I just got shipping notification for my next product but didn't receive a survey for my last product.  Has that happened to anyone else?  It's the first time it's happened to me and I've been around since the beginning.  The package is only 10.8oz  I've never had a package this light before! 

I just got shipping notification for my next product but didn't receive a survey for my last product.  Has that happened to anyone else?  It's the first time it's happened to me and I've been around since the beginning.  The package is only 10.8oz  I've never had a package this light before! 
I just received shipping notification on my 3rd box and I have not received surveys for anything I've received ever. 

Yes, my second box shipped out late, and the survey for it came late as well (I think after I'd received my third box).

Mine weighed the exact same thing and if your product is the same as what was in my box, I totally love this product and I think it smells amazing..........

**i edited to remove what the item was, just in case you didn't want to know ahead of time**

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine weighed the exact same thing and if your product is the same as what was in my box, I totally love this product and I think it smells amazing..........

**i edited to remove what the item was, just in case you didn't want to know ahead of time**
What type of a product was it?  What was the specific item? 

My product just arrived.  I received Grand Central Beauty S.M.A.R.T. Skin Perfecting Serum + Primer. 

"An oil-free instant hydrating serum with S.M.A.R.T. skin perfecting technologies to deliver serious daily care to skin when used two times daily.  Can also be used as a makeup primer for longer-lasting makeup".

Retails for $68.  1.7 fl oz.

I am not familiar with the brand.  This product has 3.5 stars on Birchbox. 

I'm happy to add this to my daily routine! 

My product just arrived.  I received Grand Central Beauty S.M.A.R.T. Skin Perfecting Serum + Primer. 

"An oil-free instant hydrating serum with S.M.A.R.T. skin perfecting technologies to deliver serious daily care to skin when used two times daily.  Can also be used as a makeup primer for longer-lasting makeup".

Retails for $68.  1.7 fl oz.

I am not familiar with the brand.  This product has 3.5 stars on Birchbox. 

I'm happy to add this to my daily routine! 
Sounds wonderful!!!  I love skin products and searching for that miracle product, lol!  Sorry for the tease but thought for sure you might would be getting what i did since it was the same shipping weight....... Please be sure to post thoughts on your product here after you've had some time to try it out.

So, for some reason, I never got a November shipment.  I sent them a note asking what happened (I wasn't charged either) and they took 3 days to write back and tell me they were going to have their IT team look into it and would get back to me.  That was 2 days ago.  Sigh.  DId anyone else not get a November shipment?

My box was late this last month & didn't receive it until a few days ago. Think the holiday threw it off? My date is toward the end of the month, so if your date is toward the end of the month it may be delayed? They aren't posting a lot of FB postings as they were before & sometimes it's a warning sign. Also changed my preferences months ago & they are still sending my old preferences versus my updated ones. Something seems a little off. If my box is late this month, will know its an internal problem & canceling. 

A couple notes:

• I have received surveys for every item (except that bonus surprise brush whichever month that was, but that wasn't chosen for me specifically). Sometimes the survey comes before my next box has shipped, sometimes it comes after. The survey never comes early (it never spoils the box; I have a week or two to use the product before they ask how I like it).
  • I love this box, and this concept, but it's a frustrating service. It's 9 days after my box should have shipped, and I haven't received any notification of anything. I shouldn't have to email them to remind them that I am still subscribed.
  • They have never contacted me to explain or attempt to remedy whatever is causing delays.
  • uuuughghghhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Why won't you let me love you, BDNA?!

I see they're still a hot mess. Such a great concept....execution...not so great. Oddly enough they do have pretty great customer service.

I subscribed for a few months and liked almost everything I got.  Everything came about when expected.  Although they did strange things like re-sending product surveys that they'd already sent twice (and that I'd answered months ago).  And I got "face" products three months in a row.  Had to quit a few months back when my car died (needed the $$ for car payments).  But it sounds like I got out at a good time.

I still have not heard back from them.... No Nov box at all, not even a charge.  I have no clue what's going on with them.

I still have not heard back from them.... No Nov box at all, not even a charge.  I have no clue what's going on with them.
My November was shipped out on the 11th of last month, which came by ups Surepost a few days afterwards and today, i got an email that my December box is due to be delivered next Tuesday.

It's good to hear that someone is getting something from them.  I really enjoy this subscription because I get to try full size products I would never risk spending money on without trying first.  I ended up spending $80 on Moroccan oil shampoo and conditioner from my salon after receiving the conditioner through this service because I LOVED it so much.  I also got an awesome sulfate free Alterna shampoo that's become my holy grail shampoo because it lathers like no other sulfate free shampoo I've ever used - seriously love it.  I'm so sad that I didn't get my November shipment (no charge, no tracking, nothing) and now nothing for December.  They still have not responded to me other than to say they would be checking with their IT department to find out why I didn't get Nov.  That was over a week ago. :/

Back