Beauty DNA

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always gotten a quick response from BeautyDNA, but I have always emailed customer service and then followed up on Facebook. I would recommend posting your issues on social media if you haven't. The extra visibility requires them to be more accountable. 

Off of the top of my head, I have received these items: Moroccanoil hair serum, a Phyto hair intensive masque (not good), SkinCeuticals C&E serum and Age+Blemish Defense (loved both), Revitalash primer (it was blue and had to be worn under mascara, didn't love), SuperSmile Teeth Whitening System (extra item with primer), Caudalie Vinoperfect serum, and Ahava Extreme Night Treatment. 

Overall I really like this subscription, but there is definitely room for improvement in regards to communication. I was skipped one month, and nothing was done about it when I emailed them. Apparently my choices were too restrictive, and I started receiving products again once I updated my preferences. Also, one of my products leaked, but it was replaced fairly quickly.

Hope this helps! 

Same, same same same. I don't understand why they don't make any effort to communicate with their customers about months that are skipped and/or too restrictive profile choices. It seems like such a no-brainer. They really are one of my favorite subs for a variety of reasons, even though they unfortunately do have a good bit of room for improvement.

I finally got a response and they said something about the system not matching me for some reason.  She said they pushed it forward and the system matched me with something and I should get a shipping notice shortly on my November selection.  Weird.  I didn't have to update anything so I dunno....

I finally got a box but it's a December box.  It came with some SuperSmile stuff along with a hair product (Ferraki thermal spray).  I gotta say I really do love this subscription but it's a bummer that I lost out on a November box AND I had to contact them to get things moving along again.  Sigh.

Again, it's halfway through the month, and I should have received my box.

Again, I've heard nothing from them.

Again, I'm emailing them to ask if they've forgotten me.

I had signed up in the very beginning but took AUG-OCT off as I had to cut down on some of my subs. My first box was billed on Nov 17th, and then Dec 17th passes and I'm not billed. I sent multiple customer service messages and then went 2 weeks without a reply. Finally got a response from a Facebook message I had sent. Apparently they had responded to my emails...but I never received them. i guess they are switching over to a new system.

They shipped me my december match free of charge since it was such a hassle. I received it yesterday and I LOVE it. I have received mainly face products, which I really don't mind. They all do different things. This one was an intense moisturizer that retails for $110. I've used it twice and I think it may be one of those products that I end up purchasing. There have been some great items they've sent that I want to purchase. There was an amazing scrub from Moroccanoil and a Mask from Clark Botanicals. 

I'm moving to Europe next month and sadly need to cancel this sub...though it has its issues, it usually works out great in the end. 

I had signed up in the very beginning but took AUG-OCT off as I had to cut down on some of my subs. My first box was billed on Nov 17th, and then Dec 17th passes and I'm not billed. I sent multiple customer service messages and then went 2 weeks without a reply. Finally got a response from a Facebook message I had sent. Apparently they had responded to my emails...but I never received them. i guess they are switching over to a new system.

They shipped me my december match free of charge since it was such a hassle. I received it yesterday and I LOVE it. I have received mainly face products, which I really don't mind. They all do different things. This one was an intense moisturizer that retails for $110. I've used it twice and I think it may be one of those products that I end up purchasing. There have been some great items they've sent that I want to purchase. There was an amazing scrub from Moroccanoil and a Mask from Clark Botanicals. 

I'm moving to Europe next month and sadly need to cancel this sub...though it has its issues, it usually works out great in the end. 
Did they tell you they switching over to a new system? It would make more sense for their recent slip ups. This is still my favorite box but they keep pushing my shipping time up to different dates. 

I received my January box today BUT it was actually an exact duplicate to the item which I received last April. I contacted them about it because I would much rather have a different product that I haven't tried before. The product that I received is a good item, I just can't use it but one or two times a week on my face so I haven't even put a dent in the first jar. They were super quick to respond back but said that according to their records, I had never received this product and would look into it for me. I'm just feeling so selfish because it's still a huge bargain for me.

I heard back from them about why my January box hasn't been shipped yet. They said my match date is the 18th, and to let them know of i want it moved up...

What the eff? When i emailed about my late December box, I asked if i has the date wrong, and they said that i was correct, my match date is the 2nd. And now this month they respond as though I should chill the eff out, my box isn't due yet anyway. How was i suppressed to know that my date suddenly got changed to two weeks later? I certainly didn't ask for that, and no one notified me of any changes or delays.

@@JENNYJENNY - don't know if you will find this useful or not - but I'm not in the USA anymore but still get this sub - I use a forwarding service as I can't get lots of things I want/need where I am or IF I can get them they cost way more than I'm used to paying...

pm me if you want more info!  

I heard back from them about why my January box hasn't been shipped yet. They said my match date is the 18th, and to let them know of i want it moved up...

What the eff? When i emailed about my late December box, I asked if i has the date wrong, and they said that i was correct, my match date is the 2nd. And now this month they respond as though I should chill the eff out, my box isn't due yet anyway. How was i suppressed to know that my date suddenly got changed to two weeks later? I certainly didn't ask for that, and no one notified me of any changes or delays.
Edit: They said my match is scheduled for the 18th of this month. I didn't realize until just now that the 18th is a Sunday. Seems like an odd day to schedule my match, but that's what CS wrote.

They did not specify that my match date had changed to the 18th permanently. It should still be the 2nd, but there's no way for me to really know. The 18th has come and gone, and I still don't have a shipping notice, or a reply to my email from 6 days ago. The only consistent message I'm getting from BeautyDNA is that they don't like contact with their customers. I wanted to be able to do a full year and give a full review of the service, but I don't know if it's worth the irritation and disrespect at this point.

Edit: They said my match is scheduled for the 18th of this month. I didn't realize until just now that the 18th is a Sunday. Seems like an odd day to schedule my match, but that's what CS wrote.

They did not specify that my match date had changed to the 18th permanently. It should still be the 2nd, but there's no way for me to really know. The 18th has come and gone, and I still don't have a shipping notice, or a reply to my email from 6 days ago. The only consistent message I'm getting from BeautyDNA is that they don't like contact with their customers. I wanted to be able to do a full year and give a full review of the service, but I don't know if it's worth the irritation and disrespect at this point.

So this is the same exact thing that happened to me. I would reach out and send a PM on Facebook. That is the only way I received a reply. The CS person felt terrible and send me my december match for free.

I got my January box today! I was disappointed for a minute, because it's a serum with retinol, and I think I've already gotten a serum, and a retinol product. I mean I love serums, and retinol is mandatory, and not cheap, but I have hardly made a dent in the first serum. Anyway, I got over it when I saw the product goes for $175. Smartskin A18 Anti-Aging Facial Serum http://smartskin.net/review/product/list/id/8/category/3/

The CS person did respond last week, and said they had overhauled a bunch of stuff, and she was apologetic and recognized that it was frustrating, etc. All the things that a good CS email should have. I checked the website, and they really have overhauled a lot of it; it's MUCH more functional, you can leave reviews, see your past products, it's starting to shape up instead of being so bare-bones.

I noticed that they're no longer "beta," but I have no idea when that changed.

So I emailed them two days ago asking about my January box and reminding them that I never received a November box.  The reply I got was that I should have received an email back in early December saying to update my profile!  I never received such an email and would have totally updated it had I known.  :/  I went an updated it the best I could (I noticed all the changes that TooMuchElectric pointed out) but it says I should pick at least 3-5 things in each category... well I only have two things checked in the lotion category because I'm overhauled with lotion/SPF stuff and really don't need anymore.  I'd rather get hair items and I've told them that before.  I really don't care if I get only a hair item each month.... or serums for the skin or cleansers but I really don't need more lotions.  I'll give them a month or two but if I'm still having issues then it's not worth it for me anymore to keep on subscribing. 

So I cancelled this subscription back in February, but they sent me a February match anyways.  Today I get another charge and a shipping email from them for March!  What the heck?!  Don't subscribe to this one unless you like rude customer service and a subscription that they never cancel - even though they said they cancelled it. :/  Ugh.

So I cancelled this subscription back in February, but they sent me a February match anyways.  Today I get another charge and a shipping email from them for March!  What the heck?!  Don't subscribe to this one unless you like rude customer service and a subscription that they never cancel - even though they said they cancelled it. :/  Ugh.
A LOT of people have had this same exact problem. Myself included. It took them 3 months to finally cancel my subscription. Good to see things haven't changed a bit.

....and while they did refund me my $$, they lied to me, saying they had a "processing error" with their site.  Whatever.  I asked them to remove all my credit card information so this "processing error" won't happen again with my $$ and they told me they did remove my info.... but I bet I'll be charged again for next month.  We will see......

There is a current deal on Gilt City for Beauty DNA.  A four month sub is only $58.  If you are new to Gilt City and can be referred by someone, you will get $30 off your first purchase which brings the cost down to $28 for the four months.  

I have subscribed to BeautyDNA for over a year.  It was my first sub and it is still in my top 2.

I don't know if I can put a referral link here, but I do have one if you need it.

Also, not sure if this is the current BeautyDNA thread, but it's the only one I found.

There is a current deal on Gilt City for Beauty DNA.  A four month sub is only $58.  If you are new to Gilt City and can be referred by someone, you will get $30 off your first purchase which brings the cost down to $28 for the four months.  

I have subscribed to BeautyDNA for over a year.  It was my first sub and it is still in my top 2.

I don't know if I can put a referral link here, but I do have one if you need it.

Also, not sure if this is the current BeautyDNA thread, but it's the only one I found.
I would love to get a referral! I'll send you a dm

Back