Beautyfix (by Dermstore) August 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been using the PC as a spot treatment for a large cystic PMS zit on my chin the past few days and it seems to be helping. I have dry skin as well so I have been using just the tiniest amount and dabbing it right on top of the zit. It has definitely gotten smaller and it usually takes a few more days for that to happen. There has been a little flaking of the skin right on top of the pimple though so it is definitely drying.

Related: I have gotten cystic pimples on my chin since my first pregnancy 15 years ago and then usually every other month with my period since then. Until this past year. I hadn't had one for about a year and then woke up Monday with one. I was sad. I thought it was finally over.

Didn't the BeautyFix boxes come with a couple extra sample packets in the past?  I didn't get any this month.

I've been using the Medicell anti-redness cream and the smell seems a bit 'off'.  Also, it pills up on my skin rather than sinking in so I can't say I'm a fan. 

BUT -  I am in love with the Paula's choice anti-blemish treatment!!!  I get hormonal breakouts and I've been putting it on the areas that are prone to break out.  My skin has remained clear for the last two weeks and it doesn't cause any dryness or irritation.  The tube will last me a very long time but once it's gone, I'll definitely repurchase. 

I have to say that I've been impressed with every Paula's Choice skincare product I've tried.  The BHA toner really made a huge difference in my pore size and skin clarity.  I hope we see more Paula's Choice products in future Beautyfix boxes.   I'd also like to see a few more cosmetics and at least one natural/organic product every month.   

Back