Best brand for scented candles?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love candles with real scents so this is a great thread!

Whenever I take a trip to the Blue Mountains (about 2 hours out of Sydney) I visit the Moontree Candle Shop in Leura & stock up on their gorgeous vanilla bean candles - the nicest vanilla scented candle I've ever come across. Even my OH likes it (he doesn't like anything!).

Next trip I'd like to see if they have cinnamon scented candles.

Keeper of the Lights in Juicy Apple smells a-m-a-z-i-n-g and you can smell it burning from any room
smile.gif

I have a lot of yankee candles, they are great. I'm also wanting a Jo Malone candle, i haven't ever had one but heard a lot of great things about Jo Malone so i'll probably get one on down the road. I also like bath & body works candles, they are pretty good as well.

Another person for Yankee Candles, but I like Colonial Candles too! As well as those from Bath and Body Works and soy candles. 

Whatever you do, don't buy IKEA candles.

I bought 4 (a single, and a 3-pack) of their candles because they smelled reeeeeeeally good unlit but I can't smell anything when they're lit.

Surprisingly, I have had some great scented candles from Poundworld! The Lilac and Lavender ones I have at the moment are lovely, and they do a matching oil and that's beautiful too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am a candle freak! I made a huge list of the ones I love below! (If there were an AA type meeting for candles lovers...I would need that lol!) 
biggrin.gif

-I absolutely LOVE Candles by Victoria; that is probably my favorite! They're amazing! You get more candle, more fragrance, and spend less than you would on other brands. I also love their "scent shots" (tarts); they're 3x the size of a normal one, only $2, and you can try out fragrances to see if you like them before you buy the candles.I really love the scent shots because you can cut them into 1/4's and they still scent your entire house up. I think they make great gifts: I recently put together a gift basket with several scent shots, and a candle warmer: my friend LOVED it! (A note on candle warmers: her scent shots have a higher melting point than say a Yankee Candle one or a Scentsy, so you need a good warmer; tea light warmers won't work. I didn't buy mine from her website though (didn't like the price or selection) Instead, I found several full sized and a few minis that were gorgeous, half-price at Hobby Lobby and Kirklands, so I would recommend looking there for warmers!) I haven't found a brand yet that beats the quality and value of Candles by Victoria! Their customer service is amazing too. If you email her, she will mix any fragrances, any color wax, and any jars that you request! (If you don't see a fragrance on her list that you want, all you have to do is ask and she will try to dupe it! She's got dupes for just about every scent you can think of; she's got over 700 fragrances to choose from! Her candles are my favorite, hands down! (The shipping was fast too!) (If any of you want scent recommendations, just let me know and I'll share some of my favorites; the list is way too long to put on here! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

-I also LOVE Woodwick Candles and the crackling noise they make. Every Woodwick I've tried has an amazing scent throw! ("Applewood", "Bakery Cupcake", and "Vanilla Opal" are my favorites!). These are very, very strongly fragranced and scent your entire home! I love them! 

-Voluspa candles are great too! One of my friends gave me the "Santiago Huckleberry" candle as a gift a while back and I adored it! It smells amazing! (Mine is all gone :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) It is highly fragranced, but you have to really watch the three-wick ones, because they smoke quite a bit, even with a properly trimmed wick. (I freeze my new candles and trim the wicks before burning them, and every two-three hours after burning; this one still smoked up. (I just would be VERY careful not to leave this candle or any others unattended.). This candle had an incredibly long burn time and lasted me for ages!

- I also really like the Beelux "Pineapple & Mangosteen" candle. (I received it in my Eco-Emi box and LOVED it!) It is strongly fragranced, doesn't create a lot of smoke, and smells amazing!

-I LOVE Lafco; they were on Oprah's Favorites list. Last year for my birthday, my best friend gave me the "powder room" candle. It is to die for! Holy cow; I've never smelled anything like it! I've used mine sparingly so that it will last (I'm that obsessed!). The fragrance throw tops any candle I've ever tried. They're really expensive though; (Over $50 for one candle), so that's why I only have the one.

-And although I'm not a fan of Walmart in general, I LOVE their "Mainstays" "Mulled Cider" candle- I have tons of them; they are strongly fragranced, burn clean, and I love that the labels are easy to peel off!  This is my absolute favorite scent for Fall! 

-I also really like Slatkin & Co candles from Bath and Body Works! (I only buy them when they have the semi-annual sale though). I recently stocked up on-line, and was able to get the largest sizes for only $7 because they were already 1/2 price and I had promo codes: that's the best time to order them! Some of their candles are highly fragranced, burn well,etc...some are not. I would REALLY recommend reading the reviews before ordering. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also like some of the Yankee Candles, but they are honestly a bit overpriced for what you get. I think the quality is better in some of the other ones I've mentioned. I only buy the Yankee ones when they're on sale or I have a good coupon.

Don't know if these have been posted, but my personal faves are Yankee Candles, the B&BW candles, PartyLite and Full Moon Candle Co. - a small home based candle co. out of WA state. The woman makes DIVINE smelling candles and also lists on her own website...Jamaican Spice is one of my all time faves and Creme Brulee! 

Don't know if these have been posted, but my personal faves are Yankee Candles, the B&BW candles, PartyLite and Full Moon Candle Co. - a small home based candle co. out of WA state. The woman makes DIVINE smelling candles and also lists online I think...Jamaican Spice is one of my all time faves and Creme Brulee! I just make a point to stockpile and request my friend who lives nearby to get those for my birthday and Christmas, lol.

I've found that all candles smell good in the jar (mostly) but that does not mean they all smell the same when burned! The bath and body works candles are worth the price for me. They smell super strong when they are burned unlike the brands at dollar general, walmart, and target (This is just my experience with it). Yankee candles are nice too but I like the bath and body works ones better. When I come home I can smell them through the lid and they are not even lit.

I know everyone dissed walmart candles, but i have had good luck with them. One scent in particular, black cherry. My apt complex gave a small one to us when we moved in, and one random day i burned it and was very surprised. Some other smells may not be as good, but try the black cherry :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love the Yankee Candle Company. There's one in the mall near me so it is super convenient. They also carry cute holders for the candles. Right now, I'm burning Spiced Pumpkin. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like Diptyque candles very much, especially the smaller ones. I guess I'm in the minority because I hate yankee candles. 

Slatkin&co. AKA Bath and body works all the way for me. They have divine scents that burn for days (largest candle) and within a couple of minutes my house is smelling wonderful. Legit.

I only buy them when they go on sale (and then I use my coupon). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Slatkin&co. AKA Bath and body works all the way for me. They have divine scents that burn for days (largest candle) and within a couple of minutes my house is smelling wonderful. Legit.

I only buy them when they go on sale (and then I use my coupon). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Amen! I always do the 2 for 22. And their scents this season are phenomenal. I have pumpkin cupcake and pumpkin pecan waffle right now. I'm not crazy about Yankee Candle and sometimes I'll branch out to one of the "jewelry candle" companies out there if I'm wanting a surprise.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Amen! I always do the 2 for 22. And their scents this season are phenomenal. I have pumpkin cupcake and pumpkin pecan waffle right now. I'm not crazy about Yankee Candle and sometimes I'll branch out to one of the "jewelry candle" companies out there if I'm wanting a surprise.
I am living for those pumpkin scents! They are ah-mazing!

Back