Best brand for scented candles?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by MakeuptheCat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I like you Slinka, have seen some of your posts and you seem like a friendly person.  I don't know any good candles since my mum banned me from using candles at my house, she does not live with me but she owns it technically, I wanted to share a memory I had about candles.

When I arrived at my roommate Rupert's flat after I returned to London after a 2-month absence, we sat there at night with the lights out and burned and watched a dark green small candle and talked.  It was peaceful and calm.

Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (I'd like to think I'm friendly =p )

that does sound like a peaceful evening. I love candles ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I usually use Yankee candles, though have found they are sometimes hit or miss.  I did a Bzz Agent for I believe Glade candles and was totally surprised that I liked some of their scents.  I have a no name jar candle I picked up from the grocery store that smells divine.  It was on markdown and had no label - I wish it did as I would buy lots more!

Amen! I always do the 2 for 22. And their scents this season are phenomenal. I have pumpkin cupcake and pumpkin pecan waffle right now. I'm not crazy about Yankee Candle and sometimes I'll branch out to one of the "jewelry candle" companies out there if I'm wanting a surprise.
Pumpkin Pecan Waffle smells like making popcorn balls with my mom in the kitchen as a kid!!! What is a jewelry candle and what makes them surprising? I like this thread.

Wanna hear a first world problem story??

So....BBW had a 2 for 22 and I had a 20% code....
I forwarded the email to the husband...talked about it....told him about a candle he'd like...
I had a whole cart....but needed hubby's approval...It was the last day of the sale....he never gave me the ok, so I came to terms with not getting some amazing candles for a long while.

The next day he calls me (I'm making tortillas) and says, "So, when does that sale end?"
"Yesterday." I said, with a sadness in my pumpkin-scented heart.
He was like, "OH....I thought...I didn't know."
"Why???" I asked, annoyed and while rolling tortillas.
"I was wanting to do something nice for you..."

"Why didn't you wanna be nice to me yesterday?!" I asked, half joking.

I wish he hadn't called me to even inquire about it, lol. Luckily, he lost reception so I couldn't pull out the girl-reasoning and how I told him about the sale ending NUMEROUS times, he just doesn't listen...ever. lol.

I would've saved $102, y'all. 102.

Wanna hear a first world problem story?? So....BBW had a 2 for 22 and I had a 20% code.... I forwarded the email to the husband...talked about it....told him about a candle he'd like... I had a whole cart....but needed hubby's approval...It was the last day of the sale....he never gave me the ok, so I came to terms with not getting some amazing candles for a long while. The next day he calls me (I'm making tortillas) and says, "So, when does that sale end?" "Yesterday." I said, with a sadness in my pumpkin-scented heart. He was like, "OH....I thought...I didn't know." "Why???" I asked, annoyed and while rolling tortillas. "I was wanting to do something nice for you..." "Why didn't you wanna be nice to me yesterday?!" I asked, half joking. I wish he hadn't called me to even inquire about it, lol. Luckily, he lost reception so I couldn't pull out the girl-reasoning and how I told him about the sale ending NUMEROUS times, he just doesn't listen...ever. lol. I would've saved $102, y'all. 102.  
My husband gave me the green light last night to spend a chunk of change at ULTA. It's 3x bonus points and I have a 20% off coupon. He understand my need for pretties and getting the most bang for my buck! On topic I live not too far from the giant Yankee candle store in Williamsburg. I love that it snows inside the store year round!

Bath & Body Works Candles = Frosted Cupcake, Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut (my current favorite), Raspberry Peach Macaroon, Red Velvet Cupcake (bought one for my boo and he loves it), Dolce, Creamy Pumpkin

Yankee Candles = Vanilla Chai (my favorite), Banana Nut Bread, Campire Treat, Hazelnut Coffee, Vanilla Cupcake, Apple Cider, Caramel Pecan Pie (currently burning as I type this), Pumpkin Buttercream, Pumpkin Pie, Vineyard, Whoopie Pie, Red Velvet

McCall's Candles = Sunrise Cinnamon Bun (my favorite), Creme Brulee, S'Mores, Apple Butter, Fallbrook Farms, Blue Ribbon Banana, Hot Buttered Rum, State Fair, Merlot

Archipelago Candles = Macaroon Frosted, Walnut Espresso, Pineapple Ginger, White Peach

Sugar Shack Candles = Peach Cobbler, Almond Biscotti, Cinnamon Toast, Brownie Nut Fudge, Cantaloupe Cream, Gramma's Cookie Dough

Crosscreek Candles = Bear Claws (my current favorite), Juicy Couture, Pumpkin Chai Latte, Caramel Sticky Buns, Cinnamon Strudel, Stuffed French Toast, Cinnamon Bun, Eggnog Sugar Cookies, Banana Split, Cheesecake, Almond Nog Pastries, Cafe Vienna, Banana Colada Cake, Cardamom Vanilla, Rainbow Sherbet, Banana Cream Pie, Funnel Cake Fluff, Glazed Cinnamon Donut, Country Bumpkin, Cotton Candy, Bushels of Fun, Ferris Wheel Treats, Creamy Nutmeg, Pomegranate Champagne, Maple Pancakes

Amy's Country Candles = Lipstick, Pumpkin Spice Swirl, Lemon Meringue, Hot Baked Apple Pie

McCann's Candles = Hot Chocolate, Pumpkin Chai, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Banana Nut Bread, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Toffee Apple Spice, Creme Brulee, Strawberries & Champagne, Balsam & Cinnamon

Hill Country Candles = Peach Cobbler, Caramel Brownies, Southern Sweet Iced Tea, Creme Brulee, 23 Flavors (smells like Dr. Pepper), Caramel Pecan Pie

I mostly have been using B&BW candles. OMG, there new Sweet Shop ones are awesome! But I must resist! Now I'm hooked on Scentsy which is just a wax warmer and wax melts. LOVE THEM. So now I don't have to worry, DID I BLOW THE CANDLE OUT. On our way to Boston one time, I freaked out and couldn't remember if I blew the candle out or not and our little (fur)baby Molly was home alone. I constantly worried. 

I know a lot of people went crazy on the Illume sale, which I resisted pretty well haha.

Yankee candles smell so good.  I usually do not burn candles with my cats but my sister burns them and loves yankee.

Bath and Body Works candles are really nice, and they have pretty decent sales. I also like Anthropology candles, but those are expensive... 

I'm surprised that no one, unless I missed it, mentioned Illume candles. I think they are ten times better than my Yankee and B&BW candles. The only main downfall is their price. But even without them burning, the oil content is so high that they scent my smaller rooms just by having the lid off. I think they do have some candles on clearance and with the code WAX15 you get 15% off your first order. The are also sold in Target now but I think it is a cheaper version of them specific for Target b/c they do not smell as strong.

Quote: Originally Posted by LydiaNichole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-I also LOVE Woodwick Candles and the crackling noise they make. Every Woodwick I've tried has an amazing scent throw! ("Applewood", "Bakery Cupcake", and "Vanilla Opal" are my favorites!). These are very, very strongly fragranced and scent your entire home! I love them! 

-Voluspa candles are great too! 
Absolutely agree, Lydia!

Woodwick candles are the best for a sensorial experience. I love burning one when I'm reading a book and sipping on a glass of my favorite wine. The crackling noise is a bit out of this world (esp in my small Manahattan apartment), but it totally transforms me into the fairy tale mode.

Voluspa is great as well, all their scents are sophisticated and fill the room in a nice caressing way. One of my favorites is Ambre Lumiere. 

Personally, my favorite brand is Yankee Candle and fav scent is spiced apple cider!

Back