Best Brands for Eye Makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! I'm in Canada and have just discovered Smashbox this last year. It is a company run by the grandsons of Max Factor and they provide makeup for the movies, fashion mags, etc.

Their line is just fantastic! Wonderful eyeshadows, eyebrow powder and their cream eyeliner is the best, long lasting like liquid but so easy to use. The thing I like best about their line is that I can wear it! I have a sensitivity to most eye makeup and MAC just has me tearing up immediately.

Here's a blurb from the Shopping Channel site where I buy most of my Smashbox from, there are also stores here that carry it now, but it is more expensive in them.

About smashbox cosmetics

SmashBox Studios in Los Angeles has grown from a full-service photo studio into an entertainment enterprise encompassing still photo studios, a sound stage, beauty agency and more with a reputation for hosting the hottest L.A. parties by night! By 1997 the owners of the studio saw the need to round out their empire with a sophisticated, high-quality line of cosmetics to meet both the demand and high standards of makeup artists and other industry professionals. Smashbox cosmetics has quickly earned a following that rivals that of the studio from which it was born with a long list of devoted celebrity and professional clients. The products are sleek and portable, creating a soft yet edgy look that reflects the atmosphere, attitude and energy of the famous SmashBox Studios. Now available to all Canadians through tSc, we can find out what all this glamour industry buzz is about!

And here's the url for the Shopping Channel

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/department_home.asp?departmentId=25&templateCode=D H

Welcome to MUT SuperNanna!

I'm Leony from Japan and one of the moderators here.

If you ever need any help, feel free to PM me or one of the mods here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just discovered that the same color house that makes MAC also makes Mary Kay ! Who Knew??? At $6 a pop you can afford to go nuts with colors :clap My friend and I sampled some the other day and they have a new color that is exaclty like "shroom" in this cute little compact. Find a MK lady and make her day:icon_chee

I like Japanese and Korean Brands like RMK, Shiseido and Etude. It's difficult to find RMK in US but you can get Shiseido and Etude at http://www.sephora.com and http://www.beautykat.com.

I also like Stila, Mac and Nars and here are my favorites:

NARS - Night Flight (I wet my eyeliner brush and apply it just above my eyeylashes to create a fine and smooth eyeliner);

NARS - Night Fairy and Strada (different purple hues to create natural or smoky eyes)

MAC - Pink Papillon and Surreal (Pink with gold shimmer/Green with gold shimmer)

Stila - Ebony, Cassatt and Puppy (Natual and earthy tones for everyday)

For Etude, try Mint, Pink Doll and Moonlight. :icon_chee

I really like Palladio, available at Sally Beauty Supply. Not a tremendous range of colors but very reasonably priced & excellent quality.

Also, Mary Kay makes a lot of shades of brown (I use hazelnut, truffle, & cinnabar every day). I have to recommend Mary Kay because the e/s does not flake & get in my contacts.

Mary Kay was the first eye makeup that I found I could use after not using anything for quite a few years because of allergies. I was so happy to find that I could use makeup again! I just love makeup, it has become my obsession, and I constantly try out new things. I plan to look into Stila since there are so many good posts about it here.

Today is my first day to post altho I have been reading your forum for quite a while, so I'd like to say "Hi" to everyone. I was just wondering about being able to see the makeup videos? What do I have to do to get more involved on this site?

I would suggest Quo, Marcelle and Annabelle-easily found in Canada. I have been meaning to try Stila and Urban Decay as well. You can find Prestige at some shops here-still cannot seem to find them but the Prestige site has a locator on it. Milani cannot find in Canada.

Welcome to MUT! When I first was here, I lurked for a few months, and also other beauty sites, but then I decided to start posting, and got hooked, b/c everyone is so helpful and nice on here. The videos, you have to have 800 posts (sounds daunting, but you will prob get so addicted here you will there in no time). There are pic tutorials on here however. You will find plenty of stuff you want to post about.

Welcome to all the new MuTers!

My favorite brands for eye makeup are:

-Urban Decay (intense funky colors, good quality but needs more selection)

-Stila (a little on the pricey side but you do get lots for your money and it's well worth it. Great quality)

-MAC (affordable and great selection of textures and colors)

-Bobbi Brown(great for clean classic looks if all you like is neutral colors)

-Milani are pretty darn unbeatable for the price! I was lucky enough to get a CP from our amazing Leila! You can't get it in Canada.

I also just wanted to say that I've just recently tried the new eyeshadow line from Lancome that they just launched and I think that they are great! I suggest you all get out to your local lancome counters and give them a try. they have them all separated by textures and they have a much wider selection now! And they come in these cute little slide cases. I could be wrong but they look to be the same size as a mac shadow so,perhaps they fit the palettes??????!!!

Let me know what you all think!

i have olive skin color, so i have to looks for types of shades that look well on my skin tone. i love the victoria's secret eyeshadows. for the quality its pretty well priced (i was from a small town orginally so i didnt have access to Mac or anything).

but since i moved and have access to different brands now, i really like Mac and smashbox.

kryolan for dramatic looks .... styli style for awesome color eye liners ... milani for wateline eyeliner...

I am liking the Loreal HIP (High Intensity Pigment) that is currently being promoted. Colors are dramatic & seem to last all day. I also like the Too Faced shadows I got in a multiple.

Makeup Forever has great eyeshadow colors- I read somewhere they are more pigmented than MAC. I'll have to dig up that info again. Regardless, they have great stuff.

My friend who is a MUA swears by that brand- and her makeup is always incredible.

I second the Loreal HIP pigments. They have such vibrant sparkling colors, my favorite shade right now is tenacious...it's this light browny copper with intense sparkle. My other favorites are by smashbox and urban decay.

Back