Best Brands for Eye Makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone heard of Tricia Sawyer? She's a celebrity MU artist who has her own MU line. She has awesome video tutorials on her website. Anyway, I just recently ordered a couple of her palettes. I really like it...the shadows/blushes are highly pigmented and really easy to blend. She also puts together some beautiful color combinations that are based on colors she used on a particular celebrity for a movie or something. The palettes are named after whichever celebrity she used the colors on which is kind of cool. It's also really affordable...$48 for 5 shadows, 1 cream liner, and 2 blushes which all come in one handy palette with a big mirror. Check out her site! I can't post links yet, but just google her name and you'll find it.

Has anyone heard of Tricia Sawyer? She's a celebrity MU artist who has her own MU line. She has awesome video tutorials on her website. Anyway, I just recently ordered a couple of her palettes. I really like it...the shadows/blushes are highly pigmented and really easy to blend. She also puts together some beautiful color combinations that are based on colors she used on a particular celebrity for a movie or something. The palettes are named after whichever celebrity she used the colors on which is kind of cool. It's also really affordable...$48 for 5 shadows, 1 cream liner, and 2 blushes which all come in one handy palette with a big mirror. Check out her site! I can't post links yet, but just google her name and you'll find it.

Sorry...don't know why that appeared twice!

I've never used expensive eyeshadows, I love my Milani shadows, so I figure why spend $13 on a single Mac shadow when I get a single Milani for $3 and a quad for $5? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There's not a huge selection of Milani in my local drugstores, so I've ordered a lot from Walgreens.com - Online pharmacy & drugstore, prescriptions, health information, photo center.

So I use Milani almost every single day! Another brand that I like is Mod Cosmetics (only available at www.modcosmetics.com). They aren't as shimmery as most of Milani's colors, they tend to be either matte or just have a hint of shimmer. However, they've nearly doubled their prices in the past year so they're not quite the bargain they used to be ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Most other drugstore-brand eyeshadows I've tried have been pretty worthless, though, they have terrible pigmentation that doesn't even show up ... A few L'Oreal and Revlon colors are ok, but most of them are pretty poor quality so it's very hit-and-miss!

Mac has great color ranges! recently i addicted to them e/s and f/l. Fluidlines are also great for lining waterline, staying power is really good!

i love Mac, but Shu Uemura i think is better than Mac, though i never tried this brand. Urban Decay has very great eyeshadows, high pigmented. kryolan has great e/s, including a six e/s palette with really vibrant colors : the UV palette. careful because most of the e/s need a wet brush to be applied. as for Make up forever, their eyeshadows a great too, but i prefer Mac, it's a better quality.

Stila has lovely colors... Chanel is another nice brand... I'm looking into BE eyeshadows now.

I love Clinique's eyeshadows. They have a line called Color Surge. They are more pigmented so they really show up. They have matte, shimmers and super shimmer formulas. They also have singles, duos and quads too!

I too am gonn ahave to go with Stila. I LOVE Mac eyeshadows, but most of them are just not practical for everyday, daytime wear at school or a professional setting. Stila makes much better "natural" yet pretty shades, you get more actual product, AND they're WAY more blendable. I love them! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Jane was awesome- they were very smooth and pigmented, but I think they stopped making that brand. I just got a GWP of a Lancome eyeshadow quad recently, and I actually really like their eyeshadows! Hope that helps!

Stila is okay. I love Dior. The pigment in them is fab and you dont have to keep re-applying all day. In fact ive had Dior shadows and put them on once and dont need any more at all that day. So they are more expensive but you are using less.

My vote is for Milani. I'm too cheap to buy MAC single e/s. :laughing: At least so far I am. I may check out whatever palettes they come out with for the holidays tho. L'Oreal HIP isn't bad either.

Rimmel shadows are very nice. Pigmented, soft and blendable.

And of course, Milani!! Gotta love Milani..

I like Stila's e/s shades & selection...

Try Shu Uemura and Make Up For Ever. They have great pigmentation and staying power. Also try Nars and Scott Barnes.

Have you ever used an eye makeup base? I have found that some who are not so sure if they like MAC e/s don't use a base and once they do they love it.

Back