Best Makeup Buys Of 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looooovvvvee my Sephora Collection Disney Cinderella Eyeshadow Palette not only is the packaging super cute, the product is well worth the price! Love all the shimmer!

Really liking the Maybelline BB Cream as well

GOSH Eye primer has worked well also.

Mind you, I have made 90% of my makeup purchases in the last 4 weeks, so I haven't had a chance to try a whole slew of products, the ones above are only what I have been more than satisfied with and/or have used for a while.

I can not and will not live without Givenchy Phenomen' Eyes Mascara!!! Makes my eye lashes absoluetly beautiful. I fall in love with my lashes each time I wear this mascara.

NUXE - Reve de miel lip balm (This has changed the life of my lips! I bought it for the third time this year just a couple of days ago)

NUXE - Reve de miel cleansing gel

DIOR - Nude Pink Design pallette 

CHANEL - Prelude pallette

DIOR - New Look Mascara

MAC - Bare again lipstick

LANCOME - Teint idole 24hrs foundation

Originally Posted by madeupMegan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I looooovvvvee my Sephora Collection Disney Cinderella Eyeshadow Palette not only is the packaging super cute, the product is well worth the price! Love all the shimmer!

Really liking the Maybelline BB Cream as well

GOSH Eye primer has worked well also.

Mind you, I have made 90% of my makeup purchases in the last 4 weeks, so I haven't had a chance to try a whole slew of products, the ones above are only what I have been more than satisfied with and/or have used for a while.
Are the shadow colors from the Sephora palette actually good quality? I bought two Sephora singles a couple months ago and they were by far the worst eyeshadows I've ever tried to use. They were hard and very unpigmented. It was like a rock of eyeshadow if that makes sense... Impossible to work with.

For skincare, I am in loved with a brand called Natio and discovered how great Lush facial masks are, I have oatifix and cupcake something. Make up, haven't really splurge as much this year but top 3 are, maybelline 24 hr tattoo in 'too cool'. Sephora own mascara line, I bought a purple mascara. Annnd to finish it off, urban decay eye shadow in 'Sellout'. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it's pretty good although the whole time on my USA trip, I just couldn't decide if I really wanted Naked2 palette.

INGLOT - has got to be the best of 2012 for me .

Never heard of this brand until this year but now I've tried their foundation,eyeshadows ,blushes and it is so pigmented ... cheaper than MAC and definitely more pigmented .

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are the shadow colors from the Sephora palette actually good quality? I bought two Sephora singles a couple months ago and they were by far the worst eyeshadows I've ever tried to use. They were hard and very unpigmented. It was like a rock of eyeshadow if that makes sense... Impossible to work with.
I haven't tried every shade yet, but I find the eye shadows very superior to others I own (Loreal, Venice, Revlon), I'm not hugely experienced with eyeshadows, but I've found them pigmented & easy to work with. Temptalia also did a review of the palette & rated them A (and she has tried many many eyeshadows), I also did research before splurging on them and could not find a negative review online. I'm happy with my purchase!

Originally Posted by madeupMegan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't tried every shade yet, but I find the eye shadows very superior to others I own (Loreal, Venice, Revlon), I'm not hugely experienced with eyeshadows, but I've found them pigmented & easy to work with. Temptalia also did a review of the palette & rated them A (and she has tried many many eyeshadows), I also did research before splurging on them and could not find a negative review online. I'm happy with my purchase!
I also second this. I tested the palette instores and it was beautiful. there was only one or two shades that were chalky, and the rest were super soft and SO pretty. I bought it for my best friend for her birthday and she *says* she loves using it lol. I think there are a few colors that are kind of....idk if I'd use them, but overall I think it's worth the money haha.

BH cosmetics party girl pallette Neutrogena primers for oily skin Mary Kay cream to powder foundation

1.) Naked2Palette...a must buy for blue eyes. This Palette is all I ever use! 2.) NARS blush in Orgasm. It really lives up to all the hype! 3.) The Body Shop Vitamin C makeup setting spray/energizing spray. I had my doubts, but this spray is absolutely amazing! I always get so many compliments on my skin and how great and dewey it always looks...i always tell them this is the product to use! It's easy and mess-free to keep in your purse, too.

1. MaxFactor Long Lasting Performance Foundation in Deep Beige - Atlast I finally found the best foundation for me. This will give you the look of semi-matte finish and also good with photos

2. Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer in Bisque - this was the best moisturizer eva! It gives me medium coverage look and and i can wear this alone. It's really amazing.

3. L'oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara - Since I am asian and some asian lashes arent that long and not curled up, this mascara were perfect! It really gives me long lashes as well as making it look thicker I love it!

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream (#13)

Cargo blush (Amalfi)

Tarte Lipsurgence (several of 'em)

Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap

theBalm The Bodybuilder mascara

I'm sure there are others, but these are the things I have been using nearly daily.

For some of these I can't remember if I bought them at the end of 2011 or beggining of 2012, so I will just pretend it was 2012 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Kat Van D tattoo concealer - literally the only concealer out of the dozens I tried that actually stays put underneath my eyes and doesn't settle into lines/creases.

Silk Naturals Awesome Sauce Serum(I now use their pregnancy safe version called Mama's Helper and it is just as awesome) -  has seriously changed my skin, can't live without it.

Lucy Minerals Foundation - I used the Lucy Light, that's the one without any additives, just cauz my skin can be fussy sometimes. But this powder is seriously amazing, it covers all my flaws and looks like I am not wearing any makeup. The trick is to apply it in very thin layer and blend blend blend. I used a stippling brush.

Silk Naturals Amplifying Lip Glaze in Provoke - First off I love the ALG formula, it actually makes my lips plumper and so much more moisturized, and it makes the surface of them smooth as it smoothes out lines. And Provoke is an awesome Fall/Winter color for me.

Physicians Formula liquid liner pen in Ultra Black -  This makes it possible for me to do a winged liner, and it has great lasting power.

Pacifica Lilac Perfume - love the scent of this!

This is a great thread. Love reading everyones replies. I love my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation My E.L.F Lip conditioner - so moisturizing ! Lastly.. My MAC Fix+ Spray. Amazing products that I use frequently and would repurchase over and over :)

1. Urban Decay 24/7 pencils I was so scared of pencil eyeliners till trying this.. there so easy to work w/ for a beginner
  2. UD Lipstick in GASH
  3. Elf studio brush line cant beat 3$ brushes
  4. Ecotools brush line

urban decay naked 1- love this so much!!

revlon color stay whipped foundation

sigma brushes

benefit erase paste-just purchased this at the end of november but its definitely my new hg concealer and i'm kicking myself for waiting so long to try it

The best I have gotten is these.

De-Slick In A Tube Mattifying Gel
Urban Decay Naked Foundation in .05
Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush

OOC Lip Tar in Vintage.

Urban Decay Lipsticks (to many to list)

Fresh Sugar lip balm.

Urban Decay Lip Love

Kat Von D Star Kissed lip set.

Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss in Apocalypse

Urban Decay Ocho Loco 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set

SEPHORA+PANTONE UNIVERSE SHADES OF NATURE EYE SHADOW PALETTE

Tom Ford Black Orchid Perfume.

My best buys for 2012. All of these items I would re-buy or did repurchased.

Lip balm: CO Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream... I'm OBSESSED with it. It does taste like lemon cream pie.

Lip gloss: Lime Crime Carousel Gloss in Candy Apple

Lipstick: Rimmel London - Lasting Finish Intense Wear Lipstick in Heather

Lipliner: Rimmel London Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Stay On Lip Liner Pencil in Wild Clover 014

Concealer: OCC Concealer in Y1

Tinted Moisturizer: OCC Tinted Moisturizer in Y1

Primer: I had a hard time picking my favorite but I would say when I run out of Benefit's The POREfessional I'll most likely rebuy.

BB Cream: Skin79 VIP Gold

Foundation: MUFE Mat Velvet+ / BH Cosmetics Liquid Foundation in Light Olive

Setting powder: NYX Cosmetics HD Studio Finishing Powder

Eyeshadow (loose): Glamour Doll Eyes in Feline Fatale (I'm in lust with this color)

Eyeshadow (pressed): Saucebox Cosmetics Black Widow (in the Creme de la Creme palette which I also love)

Eyeliner (liquid): NYC liquid eyeliner (black)

Eyeliner (pencil): Urban Decay 24/7 liners (all colors) & TIGI Perfect Eyeliner in Peacock

Eyeliner (gel): ---

Eyeliner (marker): Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Turquoise, BH Cosmetics Liquid Eyeliner in Black

Mascara: I have yet to find one I'd buy over and over and over again but I do like Tarte, Sephora and my Saucebox Cosmetics ones which I use the most.

Blush: Laura Geller Baked Blush-n-Brighten (it's my go to blush).

Skin Care - I discovered the Ole Henriksen line this year and it has done wonders for my skin!!  I use the African Red Tea Cleanser and the Blemish Attack Gel, along with the Truth Serum that everyone has seen (the orange one that smells divine!!).  I also use the sunscreen and the 3 step Power Peel which is excellent.

Lip Care - SkinMedica Lip Plumper system has been a find this year as well that has worked very well for my lips.  Also user the Jouer lip product.

Eyeliner - Jouer Liquid Shimmer eyeliner in Mink is a perfect color for me.  I am a strawberry blond with very light lashes and for an everyday look dark brown/black eyeliner is just too heavy for me.

Toner - Love, love, love Melvita Rose Floral spray...I'm trying to move towards more organic/natural products and this spray is a great perk up during the day.  My skin is much more bright when I use this.

TopCoat - Seche Vite has been a game changer for me as far as manicures go.  I used to hate to polish my own nails because they always, always, always got smudged no matter how careful I was.  Now I use Seche Vite and don't have to worry about those smudges!  This is the sole reason that I have become ridiculously addicted to nail polish : )

Concealer - Skin Transformer Treat & Conceal is the best concealer I've ever found for my dark undereye circles.  Fantastic product, especially when used with...

Tools - BeautyBlender!  I will always have one of these PLUS a backup!!  

Hair - Kendra Blow Dry Spray and Orofluido have made my hair more soft & shiny than its ever been

Still looking for a HG mascara, BB (or CC) cream, and blush.  I am switching to a cream blush because I've heard that cream blushes work better for skin my age...which is ahem...older : )  Any suggestions on these?

Back