Birchbox April 2016 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like I may be done with BB after my annual sub ends. The sample size and the CS issues are pretty big problems for me, personally.
I feel the same, but am only staying for the point system. I have a feeling though they will mess with that soon, too :/ 

I feel the same, but am only staying for the point system. I have a feeling though they will mess with that soon, too :/ 
Yah, agreed. They stopped doing points for sharing and they stopped giving points for the month-to-month sub. There are fewer discount codes as well. For me, I'm just really tired of dealing with impressively rude CS reps any time I have to email them.

If they ever got rid of the points system, I would be done so fast. Honestly I like my boxes, but with the samples getting smaller, like teeny tiny smaller, I can't justify anything more then the $5 a month it works out to be after points.

Does anyone know what color the Laura Gellar is? The blushes are on sale during the 21 Days of Beauty and I don't want to purchase a duplicate :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You'll receive either Pink Grapefruit or Tropic Hues.

The boxes are just too pretty this month, I love the box from last year that Rifle Co. so its nice to get another one.

I agree with y'all- the samples are getting so teeny tiny now and those discount codes are far and few between now. I also don't like the fact that I never get more than 5 items in a box now where I used to get 6-7 at least once in awhile. Once in awhile I'd get a full sized product too and that hasn't happened in a long time, the last one being a mally lipgloss several months ago I believe. I get better and bigger samples in my Mystery Packs than I do my monthly birchboxes! Seriously!  And if they do away with the points or start giving us less points I will be completely done with them too. I already place less orders with them than I used to due to the lack of coupon codes.

I agree with those that have said that they will cancel if Birchbox does away with the points system. I feel like the points system is the only reason that I stay with them. When I first started getting birchbox, I absolutely loved it. I remember I actually used to struggle with which PYS to choose because they were all so good and now Idk which one to choose because they are all disappointing. I also felt like I used to get quite a few full sized or even deluxe sized samples and now the samples are so tiny they aren't even worth sending out in my opinion. I just don't understand what has changed with this sub, but it's very disappointing to me. I keep hoping it will get better every month and it never does. If the point system goes that will be my final straw.

I am definitely just getting the curated box- none of the sample choices speak to me and I looked back at my last few months of regular boxes and was kind of whatever about the mystery samples I got. I agree SOME of the samples have been small lately-- but I still feel like 1-2 samples is a deluxe size- I got a huge clay face wash in Feb for example. However, if they do get rid of points I will probably not sub anymore either- but I doubt they will because I am pretty sure that is a huge part of their business model with the subscription.

Sample choices look ok to me, not too exiting, not too bad. So, I'm leaving it up to a chance

I thought sample choice was on 25th, but it's not enabled on my account yet. Do you know when it is?

I chose the curated box- none of the sample choices was calling my name.

How do you choose an add on? This is the second time that I thought I chose an add on but it wasn't added to my box (I made sure that I wasn't billed for it). Do you have  to do something in addition to clicking on the add on?

I picked the curated box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I may actually activate my second account after April 1st if the Eyeko code works on resubscriptions.

SPOILER: Juliette revealed on Snapchat that some people will receive pb&j lipstick this month.

I bought a curated one with points and chose the hair mask for the PYS. (Said it was out of stock but I was able to add it and buy?  I have all my confirmations, so we shall see I guess?)
I LOVE the RPC boxes, that was one of the only boxes I kept last year when donating to the women's shelter: it looks too pretty on my bathroom shelf holding my unused/unopened samples I have 'queued' for immediate use..(along with with Paris and comic art GB's :wub:   )

Went with curated since it's all stuff I will use.  What happened to the CEW boxes and the limited edition for mother's day?  Feels like they should be coming soon. 

Back