Birchbox Man March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Kerryliz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just ordered a full size Towel Dry "Mid" for my boyfriend after he sampled it a couple months ago (first time he's ever asked me for something like that!) - and I got him Balla Powder for X-Mas... he loves both of them! But even though he would probably be happy to receive those again I would certainly be annoyed by repeats! He's (well really I'VE) only been subscribed for 3 months now (I think) and so far we've both bee happy.

Side note.. can't beleive people are hating on the shoe horn - it's SO nice!
Happy to hear he liked those products - hope you were able to redeem some points to get a little money off your orders! I agree that I thought the shoehorn was surprisingly nice, and for me is actually more useful than the pocket square. I wear "formal" shoes more often than I do a suit or jacket in a context that would make me want to use the pocket square, though it is very well-made.

I just saw the March preview video and am a bit unsure of what to think. I love the bottle opener and actually almost got it a while back on Fab.com - it's made by a company called "areaware" and I'm really hoping this is sent out to everybody. Also hoping it'll ship in a few different color variations, but would be happy to get any version of it! It retails for $14 - check it out here. Not so down with the cozy and coasters, but perhaps others will be. The wood grain design is pretty nice though!

hey i guessed the theme right...sorta. i did say alcohol related!

just watched the sneak peak.. gotta say i think they're always enjoyable whether or not I like the contents. the guy on the right though, his teeth were distracting, they were just so perfect!

pros: new products, although i hope it's not just two samples

cons: lifestyle focus. maybe i'm wrong but i thought this was a grooming box with lifestyle products but it really feels like the grooming stuff is secondary. it's possible that i'm alone in wanting it the other way around but i do think it's advertised as such. not mad about it but it may just not be what i thought it was. my goal was to introduce the bf to skincare in a fun way not get him a box of gadgets/things (although i prefer pocketsquares and boxers to cord wrappers and beer cozies)..again it may just be most of their subscribers are showing positive feedback in that direction

the bottle opener is cool, but not necessary and the coasters are always useful at least

Hey, just thought I'd let you all know in case you weren't aware that the March box variations are now up to view. Seems like not everybody will be getting the same lifestyle products, though I believe everybody will receive the bottle opener, a coaster set, and a fragrance sample of Cartier Declaration, Victorinox Swiss Army Forest Eau de Toilette, or Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal.

I'm a little disappointed that they're recycling the fragrance samples (though the Atelier is new, I believe), and are also going to be recycling the Boost energy drink powder and Towel Dry Paste Styler in a couple boxes. I completely agree with Barbyechick about the lifestyle products becoming more heavily focused upon in comparison to product samples. I am a little surprised they're not giving away more samples from companies like Zirh, Bliss, and Kiehl's, who already have almost all of their products available as samples.

I hope that others don't feel too cheated with this one, though I am a bit disappointed. The recycling is really starting to get to me and I don't want to continue getting random "Birchbox Man" branded items that seem to be created just to fill boxes. One strong item per month as a main lifestyle piece would be great, and could set the tone for a theme that would be accented with the product samples, but so far I'm not getting the impression that this is happening. Seems like they're going the other direction...

Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And yes, some boxes have 3 lifestyle products & 2 grooming products! Box 5 for example has a cologne sample and a body wash, WTF!!!!!!!
thanks for sharing the links!

sigh... im sure that will make some people happy but for me it's annoying. it's just not turning out to be what i wanted, but still glad we tried it

"Each month, give him a delivery of deluxe grooming and lifestyle samples picked just for him."

i'll be asking the bf after this box if he wants to continue, right now i'm 99% sure he's willing to cut it. he doesn't need 'stuff'

that aside - let's enjoy march!

i'll be happy with any box that only has two lifestyle products just cause that third is useless to us lol. 7, 10 are repeats so thats out for us. box 3 would probably be the most useful as far as grooming samples go

Originally Posted by etd11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Happy to hear he liked those products - hope you were able to redeem some points to get a little money off your orders! I agree that I thought the shoehorn was surprisingly nice, and for me is actually more useful than the pocket square. I wear "formal" shoes more often than I do a suit or jacket in a context that would make me want to use the pocket square, though it is very well-made.

I just saw the March preview video and am a bit unsure of what to think. I love the bottle opener and actually almost got it a while back on Fab.com - it's made by a company called "areaware" and I'm really hoping this is sent out to everybody. Also hoping it'll ship in a few different color variations, but would be happy to get any version of it! It retails for $14 - check it out here. Not so down with the cozy and coasters, but perhaps others will be. The wood grain design is pretty nice though!
yep i was thinking about cancelling before shipping goes out cause i realized it's $20 for two samples...and they get those free, why so stingy lol? but with an anniversary code and points for reviews (which will get me up to 200 hopefully) if i keep the box i'm conflicted with losing all these points and just ending here with nothing or spending another month to buy a product with a discount...

also does anyone know if the points are unbalanced for the men's side? it feels like for double the price that the value is less?

Hmm my bf can only get box 1,4 or 5! I just placed an order last week and saw the coozie and ordered it! Oops hope he doesn't get that box

These boxes are pitiful.  We're probably cancelling after this.  This is just junk with a couple of small samples included.  Terrible.  IF they improve, we'll resub, but they'll have to really turn things around.  

ughhhh the fiance is getting box 6... probably the worst of the bunch. WTF is up with 3 lifestyle products and 2 grooming/beauty! and one is a pitiful cologne sample. i might be canceling too, what a let down. 

Does anyone know if they are sending 1 coaster or a whole set? I am guessing the whole set because without it the box value would be too low. We use a lot of coasters in my house, and these will look great on our coffee table!

I think my fiance will like this box a lot .He also has A LOT of catching up to do when it comes to trying his beauty samples, so it is probably a good thing he will only get a couple this month. 

Originally Posted by starfighter82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if they are sending 1 coaster or a whole set? I am guessing the whole set because without it the box value would be too low. We use a lot of coasters in my house, and these will look great on our coffee table!

I think my fiance will like this box a lot .He also has A LOT of catching up to do when it comes to trying his beauty samples, so it is probably a good thing he will only get a couple this month. 
i think they're only sending two coasters

Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ughhhh the fiance is getting box 6... probably the worst of the bunch. WTF is up with 3 lifestyle products and 2 grooming/beauty! and one is a pitiful cologne sample. i might be canceling too, what a let down. 
oh gosh i'm getting box 6 too. i don't even think the cologne sample is worth counting, although I saw certain boxes where you got the beer cozy OR the cologne lol. you cant have both! so in my head all we're getting this month is a bodywash.

Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i think they're only sending two coasters

oh gosh i'm getting box 6 too. i don't even think the cologne sample is worth counting, although I saw certain boxes where you got the beer cozy OR the cologne lol. you cant have both! so in my head all we're getting this month is a bodywash.
Agreed! I know he will like the lifestyle products, especially the bottle opener, we drink a lot of beer around here and brew our own. But he is a guy who actually wants the face washes, and body washes, and lotions and whatever  & that is the reason we signed up for this. 

Back