Birchbox Man March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If any of you ladies know your SO won't like or use the lifestyle items from this box please PM me!

Just got mine - box #3. I'm a little pissed that they only sent 2 coasters, as coasters are the type of thing I don't really want at all unless they're in a set of 4. They also are fairly flimsy in their construction compared to the shoehorn, which I found a bit surprising. The stitching is an embossed print on only one side - not actual stitching as the shoehorn had, and they are very thin. For $25 per set of 4 there's no way in hell I'd buy these.

The bottle opener is great, and I'm pleased that I got the texture hair sample as well as the face cream. Overall I'm not as disappointed as I was expecting to be, but it's sad to see them sacrifice the quality they showed with their shoehorn when compared to the coasters.

Originally Posted by etd11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got mine - box #3. I'm a little pissed that they only sent 2 coasters, as coasters are the type of thing I don't really want at all unless they're in a set of 4. They also are fairly flimsy in their construction compared to the shoehorn, which I found a bit surprising. The stitching is an embossed print on only one side - not actual stitching as the shoehorn had, and they are very thin. For $25 per set of 4 there's no way in hell I'd buy these.

The bottle opener is great, and I'm pleased that I got the texture hair sample as well as the face cream. Overall I'm not as disappointed as I was expecting to be, but it's sad to see them sacrifice the quality they showed with their shoehorn when compared to the coasters.
wow you got your fast, i'm assuming you live near their shipping area. i really was hoping for the face cream since the bf keeps getting body washes and shaving cream. the shoehorn was definitely solidly built, we don't care for the coasters, but they looked high quality

We loved the bottle opener- so glad there was finally a win lifestyle product in the box for him this month. We also got the koozie and the coasters. My boyfriend did ask why they only sent two- guess they want to try to sell more- we will use the coasters but they are not great quality. And the koozie isn't terrible, I mean it seems like it will do it's job.

Sorry- no matter what this was definitely better than that shoehorn. My boyfriend still makes fun of that thing.

mb5_415x330_1.jpg

My boyfriend's getting this box and I know he's going to love it. I seriously doubt he'll even care that there are only 2 samples and 3 lifestyle extras - I'm pretty sure he just looks at his Birchbox as a suprise (he never checks online before he gets it) box full of stuff he either likes or doesn't.

we got ours today. boyfriend didn't seem impressed and called it a "wimper" of a box. he still enjoyed the idea of getting surprises boxes though. he was disappointed to only get a shave cream ("another one? that's all they've sent") he also doesn't consider the cologne's an item

i know next month is their one year but we're canceling. i'm sure it's a good box for people who like getting the lifestyle items but we signed up for a "men's grooming box" which we didn't really get in the 3 months signed up. i'm glad we tried it and gave it a real shot though. 

Back