Birchbox pick two mystery packs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't even have any clue what the shelf life of hair products and wipes typically are. I just assumed the redken was new because they had an influx of new hair samples recently. I do know in the past ladies have had good luck contacting manufacturers about products.
I don't either! having said that, I still don't want the grey spotlight effect stuff. The sun does way too much of that spotlighting the grey for me without having some help! LOL

From the Redken website:

You asked:
How Can I Tell When My Product Was Made Or Expires?
Redken's Virtual 411: Our products have been tested to have at least a 3-year shelf life if unopened and stored at normal room temperature, during which they will retain their integrity and perform as expected. 
If your product looks and smells the way it normally does, it is good to use.
Certain products, for example sunscreens, may have an expiration date printed on the product.

So if these were from July 2011 that makes them well over two years old. How long they were made before BB received them, I don't know. How they were stored, I don't know.

ButterflyGrl, I don't need that spotlight either, lol.

sorry about the redken, guys. i got my two mystery packs today. i got two of the ojon restorative conditioners, the ojon oil. and lift lab serum. blah. was hoping for something more exciting.

So I got the Redken as well and I checked the code on the bottom. It was manufactured in January 2011, so it's technically still good. But it still sucks they would send something so old. I'm returning it. I got 2 mystery packs (didn't like either), but I did actually pay for one, so I'm only returning one of them. How do returns work when you paid in points?

I'm annoyed. I placed my order last week. Realized that I forgot to add the Tibi bag, so the said they would send it to me. I got my shipping notice for both the Tibi bag and my order and today according to the tracking number, they were out for deliver. I did get the Tibi bag, but not the rest of the order. Then I get another shipping notice for the lip balm.  It must have gotten left out of the original order. The lip balm is supposed to be delivered next Tuesday. Sigh... I just wanna know what's in my Mystery pick-two! Hopeful that it comes tomorrow.

Subtotal $83.93
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount (Free Sample Pack with Purchase, 15% off for Seventeen Magazine, 7TEEN15) -$21.09
600 reward points -$60.00
Grand Total
$2.84
Pick Two Sample Pack (free with $35+ order) Choose I Coloniali Tibetan Shower Cream with Rhubarb & theBalm® cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer
$10.00 
Ordered: 1
  $10.00 
Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer $32.00 
  $32.00 
Limited Edition: Mass Appeal - Birchbox for CEW $12.00 
$12.00 
Yes Toâ„¢ Carrots Lip Butter - 2 Pack Flavor Mint $4.99 
  $4.99 
Zoya Remove Plus Nail Polish Remover $9.99 
$9.99 
Lomasi Mani•Pedi Gel Remover $4.95 
  $4.95 
Pick Two Sample Pack (free with $35+ order) Choose Mystery Pack $10.00 
  $10.00 

I got my mystery pick two. I got the Incoco nail polish appliqué and the thing I'm most excited about -Algenist cream!!! I didn't dare hope I would get it. So excited!!!!

I got my mystery pick two. I got the Incoco nail polish appliqué and the thing I'm most excited about -Algenist cream!!! I didn't dare hope I would get it. So excited!!!!
The Incoco stickers are amazing. I put them on right before a week long trip to Florida and they lasted me the entire time. I've tried other stickers since that fell apart within a day.

I got two mystery packs, hoping that at least one would be good. But I got the Number 4 firm hold gel I'll never use, an expired Redken, and another teeny bottle of Caudalie divine oil. The only thing I'm excited for is the wei buffing beads, but I think it's only worth 2 dollars. And here I was, thinking about ordering another one. I find it really hard to resist the word mystery. :/

Got my BB order today (Instain blush and both CEW boxes)

My mystery samples are: Vapour Organic Beauty elixir gloss and Kelly Van Gogh Hair Color Protecting & Illuminating Tonic (hoping this doesn't illuminate greys!
eek.gif

The Incoco stickers are amazing. I put them on right before a week long trip to Florida and they lasted me the entire time. I've tried other stickers since that fell apart within a day.
Seconding this! I gave mine to my mum and they lasted about 10 days on her before she finally removed them because her nails were growing out too much. 10 days is a MIRACLE for her, usually she's lucky if polishes/stickers last 3 days on her nails, even if the same exact product lasts 2 full weeks on mine. It drives her crazy lol.

Ooh thanks for the info on the Incoco! I haven't tried them before and now I can't wait to give em a whirl. First gotta wait for my fingernail to grow back. It is a little over hallway there! Just a tip for you - don't shut your finger in a fire proof filing cabinet. I don't recommend it!

Seconding this! I gave mine to my mum and they lasted about 10 days on her before she finally removed them because her nails were growing out too much. 10 days is a MIRACLE for her, usually she's lucky if polishes/stickers last 3 days on her nails, even if the same exact product lasts 2 full weeks on mine. It drives her crazy lol.
I saw someone who solved the grow out problem with a ruffian mani! It looked awesome. Heeey, speaking of ruffian, wasn't there supposed to be a Ruffian curated box this year? I remember being convinced it would show up as September's box to go with FNO.

Originally Posted by annveal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I got the Redken as well and I checked the code on the bottom. It was manufactured in January 2011, so it's technically still good. But it still sucks they would send something so old. I'm returning it. I got 2 mystery packs (didn't like either), but I did actually pay for one, so I'm only returning one of them. How do returns work when you paid in points?
I think they said they refund in the same way you pay.

I was really disappointed with the Redken product also. They are misleading in the description of the mystery packs. They just found a way to get rid of old stock. Where did you find information for the code on the bottom of the can? I looked but couldn't find it.

Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think they said they refund in the same way you pay.

I was really disappointed with the Redken product also. They are misleading in the description of the mystery packs. They just found a way to get rid of old stock. Where did you find information for the code on the bottom of the can? I looked but couldn't find it.
http://checkcosmetic.net/

If you enter the first line on the bottom of the can, the website will tell you when it was manufactured. It's probably the same batch as mine. I've already emailed them. It really sucks when some people get great stuff and others get things they are trying to get rid of.

I recieved my Pick Two today! I received a FULL Size Stila Bronzer ($36!) and a deluxe sample size of Ojon Rare Blend Oil (~$5). I will probably never use the bronzer (b/c I'm ultra fair) but I am still excited about getting a full size item!! I think I will definitely use and like the Ojon Oil though
biggrin.gif

I recieved my Pick Two today! I received a FULL Size Stila Bronzer ($36!) and a deluxe sample size of Ojon Rare Blend Oil (~$5). I will probably never use the bronzer (b/c I'm ultra fair) but I am still excited about getting a full size item!! I think I will definitely use and like the Ojon Oil though
biggrin.gif

I'm fair skinned and once upon a time I got the stila bronzer. I wanted to like it since i got a full size in my box but it was just too much for me. If you're ever in the market for an amazing bronzer for fair skinned girls benefit hoola is perfect.

Thank you for the link! I had it bookmarked and didn't realize it until I tried to add it again.
2.gif
  I knew I had it on my old computer. Yes, mine is the same. I'll email them also and see what they say. I haven't checked the facial wipes. I'm going to look and see if I can find out about them. They do have a number on the package so if I can't find it I'll call them tomorrow and see if they are still good. Yeah, seeing so many getting new things and sending some of us this old stuff isn't right.

I'm fair skinned and once upon a time I got the stila bronzer. I wanted to like it since i got a full size in my box but it was just too much for me. If you're ever in the market for an amazing bronzer for fair skinned girls benefit hoola is perfect.
Ah, good to know! Generally I love anything from Benefit too so that could be a win-win. Thanks!

Originally Posted by tabarhodes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my two mystery pick two sample packs today!  I only ordered these two things, but paid with points and got free shipping.  
Those are great samples!

Latest posts

Back