Birchbox - The April boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mega789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have emailed BeFine a few times and also called and left voice messages since they do not answer their phone. I also posted on their facebook page. I have yet to receive any response from them. I still have no order and it has now been 13 days. You would think if they maybe are trying to get fresh product, that they would contact me to let me know they are out of stock and working on it. At this point I feel like my money was justs taken and I have to dispute it.  
I feel the same even though I got a product....it's just not usable.  I feel like it will be hard, if not impossible, to get a refund.  Well, if that turns out to be the case I'll be upset.  However, they have already cost themselves 10x the amount I spent just by me posting on here.  I know there are regular posters and even more lurkers who are reading this and will not do business with BeFine,  That is almost worth not getting refund of my little $30.

Yeah I spent $40 and while that may not be a whole lot, it is a whole lot to just poor down the drain and could really be put to better use,

especially since I never got my products. I wonder if the company is a one man show these days. I emailed BB Monday and I'll decided what to do after i speak to them.

I bought around $30 worth of Befine during their Haute Look event. Even though it has yet to ship, there's no way to change an order once it has been placed. But the only item that contains sunscreen and therefore might turn out to be expired is the day moisturizer; I'll still be able to use the cleanser, the night cream, and the neck cream. But I definitely would not buy their products again!  
nono.gif

You know, I also got a bigger sample of the Daily Moisturizer With SPF in one of the other kits I ordered.  It's very odd.  The crimped end, where the exp date would be, looks like it's been chewed on.  I am not kidding, it was completely torn up and there was a 10/2012 expiration date sticker very loosely placed over top of it.  i touched it and it fell off.  I am not confident it is not expired.  i am just so flipping frustrated.  And apparently they've stopped responding to people.  WTF???.

Originally Posted by mega789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I spent $40 and while that may not be a whole lot, it is a whole lot to just poor down the drain and could really be put to better use,

especially since I never got my products. I wonder if the company is a one man show these days. I emailed BB Monday and I'll decided what to do after i speak to them.
This whole thing sucks.  If either one of use were to pull the same crap, it would be called 'fraud" or "stealing".  And I am also wondering if things are turning upside down @ Befine right now.

Originally Posted by NutMeg19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know, I also got a bigger sample of the Daily Moisturizer With SPF in one of the other kits I ordered.  It's very odd.  The crimped end, where the exp date would be, looks like it's been chewed on.  I am not kidding, it was completely torn up and there was a 10/2012 expiration date sticker very loosely placed over top of it.  i touched it and it fell off.  I am not confident it is not expired.  i am just so flipping frustrated.  And apparently they've stopped responding to people.  WTF???.
that is what started my whole issue with me. I got my order fine, but scratching out an exp is not okay in my book. On my shipping container is there is a name/company

Mike Barbanel

732-616-4793

Hanan Enterprise Sales Inc

411 Bell Street

Piscataway NJ 08854

Im assuming this is a business phone number. I plan on calling once I finish my darn paper. 

You know, I also got a bigger sample of the Daily Moisturizer With SPF in one of the other kits I ordered.  It's very odd.  The crimped end, where the exp date would be, looks like it's been chewed on.  I am not kidding, it was completely torn up and there was a 10/2012 expiration date sticker very loosely placed over top of it.  i touched it and it fell off.  I am not confident it is not expired
You can still use it, if you like the product. Just don't depend on it for your sun protection. Most of my foundations have SPF in them, too. So I will still use the moisturizer.

You can still use it, if you like the product. Just don't depend on it for your sun protection. Most of my foundations have SPF in them, too. So I will still use the moisturizer.
Yeah, I know, and that's fine. If people choose to do that it is their choice. My problem with them is that it has almost turned into a situation were they are knowingly sending these products out. And what about all the products that don't even have exp dates? They just have lot numbers, so as consumers we have no clue if the other items are expired. And I, along with others have forked over more money for this crap. The situation IS NOT OKAY, any way you spin it. (Please don't take my b*tchy attitude as an attitude towards you!!)

that is what started my whole issue with me. I got my order fine, but scratching out an exp is not okay in my book. On my shipping container is there is a name/company Mike Barbanel 732-616-4793 Hanan Enterprise Sales Inc 411 Bell Street Piscataway NJ 08854 Im assuming this is a business phone number. I plan on calling once I finish my darn paper. 
I didn't see that that happened with you as well!!! Okay, it's official...something fishy is going on.

I, along with others have forked over more money for this crap. The situation IS NOT OKAY, any way you spin it. (Please don't take my b*tchy attitude as an attitude towards you!!)
None taken. I just spent close to $40 on their products through Haute Look before all the feces hit the fan blades, so I'm trying to convince myself more than you. 
icon_redface.gif
 Certainly not trying to make excuses for Befine's crappy corporate practices. 

What's funny is they think we are stupid. After having expired stuff from BB don't you think thy first thing we are going to do is look at is the expiration date. Is scratching off the dates really going to be believable to people who are already skeptical and looking for the date? 

Yes something is fishy for sure!

I feel the same even though I got a product....it's just not usable.  I feel like it will be hard, if not impossible, to get a refund.  Well, if that turns out to be the case I'll be upset.  However, they have already cost themselves 10x the amount I spent just by me posting on here.  I know there are regular posters and even more lurkers who are reading this and will not do business with BeFine,  That is almost worth not getting refund of my little $30.
I, too, know the frustration of feeling ripped off (not this time from BeFine, but other companies), and it's so much more than the thirty dollars that's at stake.  I didn't repurchase from BeFine during the packet debacle, I just sent for the free night cream because I was one of the BeFine packet Birchboxers and wanted to give them a chance to make it up to me.  I had received the night cream in a previous Birchbox and liked it, and had even received extras through other subs and given them to friends and family with a good recommendation.  Which makes me think, I should find out which subs are in partnership with BeFine and let them know that we as customers are NOT HAPPY with their nonexistent customer service and that sending out expired samples TWICE is not cool, and that even though it didn't happen through their sub, that they should be on the lookout for these practices when working with BeFine. It's not worth alienating your customers to be involved with a company that acts fishy like that.

Anyway, the point of my ramble is this - I was previously a happy consumer of BeFine products and had planned to make purchases in the future with them.  Now, because of your warning and because of my disgust regarding their handling of matters, they are on my do not buy list.  You can let them know this, that because of their colossal blunder with you, people are rightly being warned off buying from their company and they also lost the recommendation to family and friends that they had.  Word of mouth is everything.  I hope you get your money back, but I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you letting us know what's happening and that we're behind you 100%.  I hope that knowing this helps you with the indignation, I've been there and I hate that feeling.  You're right, it's so much more than the money, it's the principle.

Maybe all the posters here could send them an email and let them know we're aware of their shady business tactics and that has turned us away and will cost them future business. I plan on sending one, because I received an expired sample pack and was not happy. I debated whether to contact them or just let it go, but then I started seeing all these posts in the last few days. They can easily dismiss one or two emails from dissatisfied customers, but a large amount of people bombarding them about their bad behavior may have a better impact.

On another note, I finally got around to trying my TeaForte Cherry Marzipan tea - that was from April's box, right?  I get mine mixed up because I get my boxes all in a big lump every two months.  Anyway, I gave my hubby a sip and he said it "tastes like vacation!".  So funny.  I like it too. 
hug.gif
Makes me want to go on a vacation! lol

I just got an email in reply to the nasty one I sent BeFine yesterday. They said that "simply because of your candor and because we want you to be a satisfied customer, we would like to offer you a full size Daily Moisturizer with SPF free of charge. The item we will send has just been manufactured, it is fresh." They didn't even address my concerns about other items possibly being expired. I almost would rather just have my money back. Oh and I think "candor" is code for "expletive filled email", haha.

I just got an email in reply to the nasty one I sent BeFine yesterday. They said that "simply because of your candor and because we want you to be a satisfied customer, we would like to offer you a full size Daily Moisturizer with SPF free of charge. The item we will send has just been manufactured, it is fresh." They didn't even address my concerns about other items possibly being expired.

I almost would rather just have my money back. Oh and I think "candor" is code for "expletive filled email", haha.
Oh lucky you haha.

I got an email back basically saying how they have been trying to sort all of their inventory since the BB fiasco and they sent out their sincerest apologies. My order shipped out from a different department than usual.... It did ship out Friday and they will credit me the shipping charge and to let them know if I do not receive it by Friday.

What email address did you guys use to email them? I have yet to receive any response from them and I emailed them over a week ago!

What email address did you guys use to email them? I have yet to receive any response from them and I emailed them over a week ago!
[email protected]. I also just realized that in the email I just got back they said that they didn't realize that the multi packet box was affected. But when Anita called me on April 29th, she told me that was the reason my order was being held up. WHATEVER.

Has anyone actually received the free night cream from BeFine? I requested it, as they said to when they sent out those e-mails but never got anything.

Latest posts

Back