Birchbox - The April boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, WOW. There is some hinky stuff going on with this company, and I don't like it one bit. I used the [email protected] email when I sent mine. Say that you're going to dispute the charge (that'll get their attention really quick) and tell them exactly why. That's how I was able to get my money back after weeks of no replies and no one picking up the phone.

I don't know if you guys are going to do this, but I'm going to send an email to Birchbox telling them about all of these issues with Befine. I seriously hope they reconsider working with them in the future. 
Yes I did include that I would be disputing the charge, and exactly why I am doing that..  Believe me, I have not minced words with them in any email I've had to send them.  I haven't exactly been rude but I let them know that they are not pulling one over on me.  And the [email protected] was the first email I tried, it won't work for me now.  That's how I had always emailed them before. 

Wow...this company is just...wow. I kinda don't even know what to say about them anymore!

Originally Posted by NutMeg19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes I did include that I would be disputing the charge, and exactly why I am doing that..  Believe me, I have not minced words with them in any email I've had to send them.  I haven't exactly been rude but I let them know that they are not pulling one over on me.  And the [email protected] was the first email I tried, it won't work for me now.  That's how I had always emailed them before. 

Wow all of this is crazy! Sooo fishy. I would dispute it asap so that you can get your money now before they go bankrupt or who knows.

Ok so this is weird.  I had to email Befine AGAIN about something.  Remember that full size moisturizer they promised me because they sent me a second expired sample??  Yeah, that was 5/8, and I haven't seen it yet, so I just emailed them demanding they refund my money since they #1. Sent me expired samples, and  #2. Lied to me about not knowing about it.  I hope if I have dispute the charge on my cc that they don't give me a hassle about it. 

Anyways, here's what I found odd.  I tried to email them through their site while I was signed into my account and when I pushed "send", it would come back "unauthorizied user".  I did it a couple times and it kept saying that.  Since I still have the email from "Mike B", you know the one saying they are going to send me a full size blah blah blah,  I figured I would just reply to his email.  Then I noticed that when he sent that email to me, it was cc'd to an AOL email address.  I also cc'd that same email in case it was like a manager at Befine or something.  I googled the email and it is tied to a real estate agent in NJ (where Befine Is) who apparently also does marketing/accounting/consulting.   

I don't know what the hell is going on with this company, but my advice to anyone from here on out is to just stay away.  I've tried and tried to give them a chance, and now I'm out $30, have a box of unusable products, and my emails are being cc'd to some real estate agent.  I think this company is bad news.  And it really irks me that they think it's ok to not provide shipping details or confirmations, or even update your order to show it has been processed.  As Anita stated "it will never say that it's processed." 

Sorry for the ramble.  This company is giving me an ulcer.
banghead.gif

Yeah I did write Birchbox regarding this and didn't get much of a response. Yes please try also and let them know how much the drama is still continuing. I mean Befine received this influx of business thanks to Birchbox. This is all just crazy!!!

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, WOW. There is some hinky stuff going on with this company, and I don't like it one bit. I used the [email protected] email when I sent mine. Say that you're going to dispute the charge (that'll get their attention really quick) and tell them exactly why. That's how I was able to get my money back after weeks of no replies and no one picking up the phone.

I don't know if you guys are going to do this, but I'm going to send an email to Birchbox telling them about all of these issues with Befine. I seriously hope they reconsider working with them in the future. 

There was an article in the recent Allure magazine about products with SPF. I completely forgot that the US FDA DOES regulate products with sunscreen - anything with a SPF in it is considered a drug so the FDA CAN look into complaints about it. I remember someone - a very long time ago - posted a link to a government database/library... let me go look for it.... Okay, found the site.

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov

Type in the name of the product and it should come up if it was submitted to the FDA - as required by law if I'm not mistaken. I just saw that Skin79 BB creams - the ones with SPF in it - are listed. I can't find ANY Befine products on it at all and from my understanding if a product contains SPF it has to be submitted to the FDA. I see Olay products, Sephora products, Stila products, Smashbox, Kiehl's... just not Befine.

There was an article in the recent Allure magazine about products with SPF. I completely forgot that the US FDA DOES regulate products with sunscreen - anything with a SPF in it is considered a drug so the FDA CAN look into complaints about it. I remember someone - a very long time ago - posted a link to a government database/library... let me go look for it.... Okay, found the site. http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov Type in the name of the product and it should come up if it was submitted to the FDA - as required by law if I'm not mistaken. I just saw that Skin79 BB creams - the ones with SPF in it - are listed. I can't find ANY Befine products on it at all and from my understanding if a product contains SPF it has to be submitted to the FDA. I see Olay products, Sephora products, Stila products, Smashbox, Kiehl's... just not Befine.
Oh my gosh...I completely forgot that at my son's summer camp, I have to sign a permission form because sunblock is considered a drug (the SPF, obviously). SHADY SHADY SHADY!!! This entire thing infuriates me. So much for Birchbox partnering up with reputable brands.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There was an article in the recent Allure magazine about products with SPF. I completely forgot that the US FDA DOES regulate products with sunscreen - anything with a SPF in it is considered a drug so the FDA CAN look into complaints about it. I remember someone - a very long time ago - posted a link to a government database/library... let me go look for it.... Okay, found the site.

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov

Type in the name of the product and it should come up if it was submitted to the FDA - as required by law if I'm not mistaken. I just saw that Skin79 BB creams - the ones with SPF in it - are listed. I can't find ANY Befine products on it at all and from my understanding if a product contains SPF it has to be submitted to the FDA. I see Olay products, Sephora products, Stila products, Smashbox, Kiehl's... just not Befine.
Yup, I work in regulatory and half of my clients are from FDA, sunscreen is a "drug" based on FDA regulations, which is also why kids can't take it to school in their back packs.

There are very strict laws about the labeling of it and the promotion of it. Submitting products through the FDA takes a lot of very technical paper work and a lot of time, though not all OTC products have to go through it.

They haven't responded to me yet about a refund, even though I told them why I wanted it and mentioned disputing the charge with my cc company.  I think they are done responding to me.  In the beginning of all of this I never had a problem getting a response.  Now I cannot send emails through [email protected], and Mike B is apparently ignoring me.  I wonder if i've been blocked, like on FB, haha....  My husband keeps telling me to let it go, but I can't!

I finally got my travel kit!! And I even received a full-size moisturizer like they promised (although it does expire in August, but those dates can often be stretched a little bit anyway). Something was definitely off on the sample that I got in my BB, because the fresh one smells very different, very rosemary and not chemical at all. Throwing that shiz away! The cleanser smells exactly the same as my sample though, so I guess that one was a lot fresher?

All in all I'm happy with the stuff I got, but this company definitely needs to clean up their act. Such a shame, cos their stuff is pretty nice!

They haven't responded to me yet about a refund, even though I told them why I wanted it and mentioned disputing the charge with my cc company.  I think they are done responding to me.  In the beginning of all of this I never had a problem getting a response.  Now I cannot send emails through [email protected], and Mike B is apparently ignoring me.  I wonder if i've been blocked, like on FB, haha....  My husband keeps telling me to let it go, but I can't!
It's the principle of the thing.  I understand.  I hate feeling like people stole my money and that there is no recourse for it.  And them blocking your emails and ignoring you?  That is totally unacceptable.  I hope you get some closure on it and can finally feel like you got some satisfaction, i.e. your money back and an apology, for starters.  Good luck.

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope you get some closure on it and can finally feel like you got some satisfaction, i.e. your money back and an apology, for starters.  Good luck.
I think everybody can wait a veeery long time for that apology. They seem to have a bit of a "f* you" attitude imo.

Originally Posted by Hilde /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think everybody can wait a veeery long time for that apology. They seem to have a bit of a "f* you" attitude imo.
That's too bad.  They had some pretty good products (when they're not expired! sheesh!) but that's no way to treat your customers.  I'm waiting to see what happens to them as a company, it doesn't look good and you'd think they'd want to do damage control.  Guess not. 

I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, haha, but I still never heard from Befine and I just emailed Befine again through [email protected] and it went through---but I was not logged into the Befine website this time.  I am unable to email them while logged into my account, but I was able to at the beginning of all of this.  Anyways, I just got off the phone with my credit card company and they are processing the disputed charge.  What I found funny was that the woman at the cc company tried to call Befine so we could have a 3 way call, and try to get it all worked out.  She put me on hold, then came back and told me that she called 3 different numbers for Befine Group LLC and could not reach anyone at any number.  I think Befine is on their way out.

I sent email to Befine recently concerning their products I purchased through their HauteLook event. Everything was fine but the neck cream, which is weirdly watery in consistency. I guess I'll just consider myself lucky to have only paid $12 for it. I think it's likely that they are indeed in trouble as a company, to be ignoring so many customer complaints.  

Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sent email to Befine recently concerning their products I purchased through their HauteLook event. Everything was fine but the neck cream, which is weirdly watery in consistency. I guess I'll just consider myself lucky to have only paid $12 for it. I think it's likely that they are indeed in trouble as a company, to be ignoring so many customer complaints.  
I had a very watery product also.  It was one of the face cleansers (it's in a green tube, came in the travel kit).  It really sucks because it is SO watery that it is virtually impossible to get any in your hand.  You can't put the cap back on the tube while it's in your hand because the product just slides out of your hand and you can't lay the tube down without the cap because it spills out of the tube if it's on it's side.  I am not even exaggerating how watery it is, but I actually think it is supposed to be that way.

I am just so dissapointed with everything to do with Befine.  I've said before that I really wanted to love this company, and I meant it.  They have just ruined any kind of hope I have had for them to redeem themselves.  Ignoring me is not the route they wanted to take.

I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, haha, but I still never heard from Befine and I just emailed Befine again through [email protected] and it went through---but I was not logged into the Befine website this time.  I am unable to email them while logged into my account, but I was able to at the beginning of all of this.  Anyways, I just got off the phone with my credit card company and they are processing the disputed charge.  What I found funny was that the woman at the cc company tried to call Befine so we could have a 3 way call, and try to get it all worked out.  She put me on hold, then came back and told me that she called 3 different numbers for Befine Group LLC and could not reach anyone at any number.  I think Befine is on their way out.
Very strange indeed! Can't believe they blocked you. I don't understand what would make them just ignore us. You would think they would at least have some response to all of us, even if it's a made up one. 

I believe they are on their way out too. Again this could be why none of us are getting any answers, but it would be strange that they would block someone, if they are on their way out anyway. Also it seems that they do read their emails since people with threats were getting a response. Who knows anymore, but good luck to you!

This whole Befine mess is crazy- Their concept is a pretty good one and if they would have handled their customer complaints properly they could have received a lot of new business (just from MUT and Birchbox subscribers) - shame on you Befine..
spank.gif

Very strange indeed! Can't believe they blocked you. I don't understand what would make them just ignore us. You would think they would at least have some response to all of us, even if it's a made up one.  I believe they are on their way out too. Again this could be why none of us are getting any answers, but it would be strange that they would block someone, if they are on their way out anyway. Also it seems that they do read their emails since people with threats were getting a response. Who knows anymore, but good luck to you!
Yeah...I don't know that they've actually "blocked" me. It does seem really funny that in the beginning, I had no trouble emailing and getting a responsible while logged into my account on their site. Now when I do that, a message comes up and says "unauthorized user". If I log out, it goes right through. And the guy that would always email me will no longer respond to me. I don't know...

Back