Blue Velveteen

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@Beeju I actually decided to subscribe to this box because I found the $2 off code on your blog. So, thank you for that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can understand how getting a business like this started, especially by oneself, can be a slow and difficult process. I couldn't imagine all the pressure she's under trying to fill and ship all of these orders and perhaps even being overwhelmed with having such a successful turn out all by herself. However, in my opinion, she should have came forth explaining that she was doing this by herself and that maybe shipping times would take a little longer than expected (this seems to be one of the major problems subscribers are having atm). I think that would ease a lot of our minds, especially those who have tried to reach out to her via e-mail or FB message and haven't gotten a response. 

BV replied and said that it was intentional as part of a "grand opening celebration" thing, so anyone that got in on a pre-release also got the extra items. The problem is that BV never told anyone this, and I certainly didn't know when I reviewed it. I edited that post though to reflect that update. She also encourages people to e-mail her if they have any concerns or questions or are missing any items aside from that inital five.

Honestly I don't think she realized her witholding that info would backfire this way. She's a very sweet lady and is running the show solo. I think she had good intentions overall but just some bad execution and decisions in the beginning.
Oh my, one lady is running this whole business?! I understand that she had good intentions, and I am glad that some people got the pre-release box, I was just a little upset that mostly only beauty bloggers got the pre-release box.

BV replied and said that it was intentional as part of a "grand opening celebration" thing, so anyone that got in on a pre-release also got the extra items. The problem is that BV never told anyone this, and I certainly didn't know when I reviewed it. I edited that post though to reflect that update. She also encourages people to e-mail her if they have any concerns or questions or are missing any items aside from that inital five.

Honestly I don't think she realized her witholding that info would backfire this way. She's a very sweet lady and is running the show solo. I think she had good intentions overall but just some bad execution and decisions in the beginning.
I would like to give the benefit of the doubt but I'm skeptical TBH. As per my earlier comment on 9/5, someone had already complained they didn't get the same box as the blogger (less items). And certainly those were ALL prerelease boxes. I can't find the review now, I think it mysteriously disappeared. Others notice the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
@@tashb Yay coupons!

BV's facebook page is lit up with all sorts of drama, it's not pretty. I completely agree that she should have been more transparent about the extras, or not done them at all. Several of the FB groups I'm in are not being very friendly toward her or the box and have left mass exodus style. I'm probably just a bit too trusting, but I feel like she's made an honest mistake. Either way I'll keep up with this subscription because I actually did like the original box, without the extras. I paid for mine too, which is another issue that's come up in the facebook comments.

According to a comment she just made on her facebook page, she had a business partner. I've personally only spoke to the one person the several times we've exchanged e-mails. Sorry 'bout that, I didn't know there was a second person, but either way it looks as if they've gotten completely overwhelmed by both the positive and the severely negative response.

@@Bloodflowergrl Several of the bloggers that I know reviewed the box deleted their reviews when this whole thing broke, so that's probably why you can't find a specific one. I know Pique for sure did.

@@Beeju Dramas, for sure!

I posted yesterday's comment before I had a chance to check out their FB page and I just rechecked it a few minutes ago. People are just tearing this poor woman down! Okay, so, it's her first month... we all learn via trial and error. Okay, so, this is a business and things should be executed a little better, but I feel like some of these ladies are finding any reason to leave nasty comments. I feel absolutely horrible for her and the fact that she is still pushing through it all is admirable. I'm going to continue to give her the benefit of the doubt, as I am still patiently (and anxiously) awaiting my first box, and if I'm happy, I'll continue my sub. I have no doubt that she has learned a very valuable lesson and I'm hoping she's able to bounce back from this and continue to promote her business and continue to do better and better.

@@Beeju Dramas, for sure!

I posted yesterday's comment before I had a chance to check out their FB page and I just rechecked it a few minutes ago. People are just tearing this poor woman down! Okay, so, it's her first month... we all learn via trial and error. Okay, so, this is a business and things should be executed a little better, but I feel like some of these ladies are finding any reason to leave nasty comments. I feel absolutely horrible for her and the fact that she is still pushing through it all is admirable. I'm going to continue to give her the benefit of the doubt, as I am still patiently (and anxiously) awaiting my first box, and if I'm happy, I'll continue my sub. I have no doubt that she has learned a very valuable lesson and I'm hoping she's able to bounce back from this and continue to promote her business and continue to do better and better.
I wish more people on the Internet were this reasonable. People make mistakes. It's how they handle their mistakes that people should be looking at, no?

I just sent her a message giving her my support.  I think it would be nice for others to do so as well.  In general we take chances when we subscribe to a box, especially a new one.  Sure, I'd have loved 7+ items, but I will definitely be happy with my 5.

I reached out to her today offering my support. She did post a message thanking her well wishers and supporters. Honestly the drama is getting ridiculous at this point. I mean really, how much can you beat someone down before they snap?

I finally found the chance to reach out to her and she messaged me back. It's so sad to see that people can be so mean on a public forum. We all get the point that there were some mishaps with her first month's box and some advertisement issues, but I feel there's no need to bash her time and time again for everyone to see. If you have a problem, take it to her. I'm sure she'd rather much have that kind of BS in a PM than on her FB page. Glad to see that she's pushing forward, though.

From what I can tell, she made a mistake. I'm willing to bet if she's an honest person, she won't be making it again. With that being said, I DO understand why people are upset. But for the love of god, it's a $10 box that most people only paid $8 for. Even without the "bonus items" the 5 items value so far exceed the price of the box. I think some people just complain for the sake of complaining, and will never be happy no matter what.

People keep accusing her of being too emotional, I haven't personally seen any of that. I will say she could probably have handled the situation better, but I think people forget...she's just a person, not a whole company. In my years of customer service I've had customers get so angry they told me the hoped I/my first born child died. I've had hot coffee thrown in my face. It's incredibly difficult to separate yourself when you are being personally attacked.

She may or may not be a shady person, it's too soon to tell. I hope she can get her shit together.

ETA: I keep forgetting we can't use the b-word.

I sent an email requesting to cancel last week..not anything rude, just a request. I was surprised she got back to me quickly and said she had done so, and refunded the money. I wasn't expecting such, as I assumed that would be for October since according to the FAQ those boxes were supposed to have already shipped out. But i guess that didn't happen as planned. So it was a bonus surprise for me. I took that $10 and used it to sub to Sample Society with the $5 coupon.

Hope everyone likes their boxes. I will keep following to see how this sub goes.

I also received a tracking number on the 17th and an update that it has arrived on my island so I'll probably get it tomorrow. This is impressive as all my sub boxes (excluding Vegan Cuts) takes anywhere between 3-4 weeks to reach me from the moment I get my tracking notice. I mean, this might not happen after this month, but if I do like the contents of the box, we'll definitely see.  

I received mine today!

NYX powder in a champagne'ish shade, two foils of Skin Food peach sake pore serum, the lavender body wash, macadamia leave-in nourishing cream, blue hair tie and Ciate mini in pillow fight.

I came home from work yesterday and was pleased to see that my BV box had arrived! I'm very happy with the contents whether or not some of it has been said to be discontinued. I loved the packaging above all else and will definitely keep the box around for storage. I've interacted with Sarah, the owner, and she seems very sweet. I'm definitely considering resubbing for October but I am still holding out a little longer.

Here is what I received:

Macadamia Leave-in Cream
SexyHair Bath and Bodywash
NYX Loose Powder Eyeshadow in Oro?
NYX Sheer Gloss in Shangri-La?
Ciate Mini Polish in Pillow Fight
Blue Hair tie

When the boxes actually moved they did arrive pretty quickly. I know she sent all the pre-release ones 2-day because there was a lot of concern over the initial shipping charge of over 5$ a box being printed on the label. She deleted a lot of the backlash on her facebook page and the boxes are still shipping but at this point I think it's pretty futile to expect everyone to be super happy. 

@@tashb wasn't the box adorable? It's good for gifting too. Some of the other boxes I've seen lack the ribbon tieing everything together or the logo on the box itself tho. :<

It seems like most of the items in the box are the same for everyone except one. I got these 2 pods of baking soda pore cleanser than look japanese. Interested to try those out...

I can honestly say I'm pretty happy with the 8 bucks I spent on the first box. I will say that I cancelled (but told her to not refund my sept box, just go ahead and send it) because there was way too much drama surrounding the box for me to want to continue. Also, I didn't realize it was teen box when I subbed, but I do like everything I received. I'll watch the next couple boxes and decide if it's items I can use too, if it is, I have no problem re-subbing. I see the comments on facebook and it blows my mind that people can be so nasty. I don't think she meant to mislead anyone by adding extra items, she should have just been more clear in communicating why they were there for some people.

And it's still September....we did order a September box. I emailed her to cancel, she was super nice, said she understood and hoped I would come back when the drama died down. For her sake, I hope it does. She has a good idea here...

I don't agree with the people being horrible on Facebook, if that is the case. I haven't seen it. If they were just complaints, isn't that okay? I understand that it is new, but my issue is that she put on her site that she saw nothing wrong with giving the bloggers the better boxes. So, people watching/reading those reviews thought they were getting those items which is why they subscribed. This doesn't seem right to me. Some of you are insinuating that the box is only $10.00 , so people shouldn't complain. Well, Ipsy and Birchbox are $10 and I get deluxe samples. In the Blue Velveteen box I received one time only sample packets. The kind of samples you get for free at Ulta. So, am I an impatiant , ungrateful b? Are you all bloggers. I reached out to her too and did not receive a response. Is it possible that you guys did because you are bloggers? And again, I want to say that when we see your unboxings and reviews, that is what gets us ordering. Can you understand the problem there?

Back