Bra vs. Braless

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I'm going to be totally honest here... I don't wear a bra daily! I should, but I don't.... Especially considering I'm obsessed with wanting them bigger and perkier! Alas, my children and gravity have helped them fall... Bras are especially uncomfortable for me since being pregnant with Kylie too... They feel like they're digging into my rib cage no matter WHAT, and I HAVE to wear underwire! I think it's in every woman's best interest to wear one (as it supposedly helps them from falling TOO soon), but I say to each his own! I know I'm in for more trouble for not wearing one! LOL!

as long as u're comfortable and happy, go w/ it, but personally i would not go out in public w/out a bra.

I think it's up to each individual person, whatever makes them most comfortable. Certainly, from time to time I have seen very large breasted women who were braless, and have felt passingly concerned for their backs and shoulders, as well as the harassing male attention most of them would undoubtedly get, but there is no public dress code in this country, thank God! We get to wear what we want to, and should not be judged or condemned by men or other women for doing so...Having said that, I think there are social situations where it is "innapropriate" to dress immodestly and be braless. I'm just a 34B, so about 50% of the time, I comfortably go braless, but once when I was visiting my grandmother at her retirement home, I noticed I was getting shocked stares from right and left, and that everyone seemed very uncomfortable around me. (My grandmother, who doesn't embarrass easily, just told me, "Can't you cover up your Hershy's Kisses, somehow?"--which embarrassed ME) but the majority of people around there were ill-at-ease with me, from my bralessness. There are social incidences such as those where I think wearing a bra, for anyone, large or small, should be a general rule of thumb. It's about respecting other people and situations that you are not the center of.

Every now and then, every few days, I'll get some objectifying and quite undesired attention from men, from being braless,or a rude, pointed look from a woman, and the women's glares always always hurt me most.I know the men are sort of digitally programmed to react like Neo-Neandrathals, to certain signals, but what is with other women putting complete strangers down, judging and condemning them on the manner of their clothing?A bra,or lack of bra, is just that: It does not even begin to tell you the true, whole story of the person.

i grew up in the 60s and 70s, so i can't even believe i'm saying this, but i think all women should wear a bra. whether you're big or not is not the issue for me, it's more about the way you present yourself to the world. in your house is one thing, do what you like, but in public showing through your clothes is just not attractive. jmho

All I can think about while reading this thread is the episode from friends with Elaine's rival, Sue Ellen, and they call her the "braless wonder" b/c she doesnt wear a bra. :rotfl:

But anyways, I always wear a bra unless I am in my pajamas or something. I have small boobs, but I would feel naked without a bra.

:eek:t: Sorry, but Monnie, I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full! Would you be a dear and clear a little out so I can send it!! Thanks a bunch!

i, myself, need to wear a bra, but when i'm home, i don't care. to each its own. i don't care either way as long as I'M okay.

I have the exact same problem, but if I ever moved or went to a new enviorment I would probably try going without a bra or wear alot less padded bras.

I never ever go out braless! lol

Unless it's a hot day outside and i'm not working..

In that case, i'm most likely wearing a bikini and ready for the beach ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's SOOOO strange to me to have a discussion about bras. Here in brazil we're fairly liberal about it. I don't use bras most of the time, and that's because either my tops doesn't allow me to wear one or because the most strapless bras look horrid on me (look like i have ugly boobs, which is not true). I use bras when the t-shirt allows.

But i have relatively small boobs and they're toned. It's not like when i had bigger boobs. Bigger boobs NEED bras, otherwise they look strange (specially if they're not toned or they're flabby). My sis has big boobs and they're very beautiful, but she needs to wear bras almost all the time because it looks OTT when she doesn't wear them

PS: i live in a hot place, so that's also a factor on the bra question

I always wear a bras! I think they make my boobs look better in my shirts, and I don't want everyone to see my nipples! I think it's okay to not not wear one if it looks alright, but it's never okay to let everyone see your nips!

It's not an option for someone like me to go without a bra. I am top heavy (36D) and have to wear one at all times.

I do think women with small breasts can get away with wearing no bra in public because for them it probably would not be too noticeable.

I personally wouldn't go out in public without a bra. It's uncomfortable for me. I would feel naked. And my nipples protruding out would leave nothing to the imagination. I am not trying to give guys a quick fantasy. Some women like the attention. Me on the other hand don't like that kind of attention at all. It is unprofessional and unwomanly unless your job of course does not require one.
Yeux17.gif
MDR28.gif

Ditto. That is my size too and the only times I do not wear one is when I am sleeping.

I never go braless in public, unless the style of clothing absolutely dictates it and I can't wear a strapless. Even at 34B, I'd still feel floppy =/.

I don't think you should have to wear a bra. I personally wouldn't go without one because I'm an E cup and I wouldn't feel 'safe' lol! but more power to you if you are small enough to get away without wearing one, I think it's a personal choice. I hate seeing really saggy boobs or nipples through tops though, that looks awful.

I reckon go for it if you feel comfortable, but bear in mind that I had a teacher who never wore a bra and her breasts were down to her WAIST. No joke. You don't want that to happen to you, do you? *imploring look*

But, I have to say, with halter tops if I was smaller I would SO not wear a bra, there are heaps of nice going out type tops that I would not wear one with if I was smaller too. But on a daily basis, I'd wear one.. you don't want to be one of those people who everyone is secretly thinking, "for the LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE wear a bra, you're practically tripping over your boobs!" everytime they walk past.. *cough* not that that happened at school with this particular teacher, and not like I'm scarred for life or anything :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />:D

Back