Brush cleanser recipe!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif Perfect timing. I need some brush cleanser.
smile.gif

What could you substitute for the alcohol? I'm allergic so I have to avoid it.

hmm, not sure, because alcohol would be needed to disenfect, maybe skip alcohol all together?

I just saw the video too earlier this evening. Pretty impressive. I usually use just Baby soap and recently started to use Dr. Bronner's liquid castile
wink.gif

Ah cool, all I need is a bottle.

I never owned a brush cleanser - I used conditioner and that was that :s

That's awesome! I need to mix up some homemade mixing medium too to make pigments into eyeliners. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
smile.gif

yeah i think i saw the recipe for that too, isnt it just glycerin and water? just not sure of the measurements though, let us know.

Mixing medium recipe:

TOOLS

1) Glycerin, found at any drug store. Can be bought at Rite Aid for $4.99 (6 fl.oz)

2) Small container (this is where you will store your mixing medium)

3) Water

Use a small measuring cup, such a as medicine cup and start mixing. For every one part glycerin, use three times as much water. Shake it up and voila! Homemade Mixing Medium.

Example 1/4 Tablespoon of Glyercin

3/4 Tablespoon of Water

Larger Scale Example

1 Cup Glyercin

3 Cups Water

You can use this to mix with your powdered shadows and MAC pigments, mix some together on the back of your hand and then apply to lid.

-Create a more intense shadow- Loose or in pot

( Becareful not to mess up your shadow pot, only use 1/4-1/2 side of your shadow pot to avoid the whole thing getting wet.)

-Great for eyeliner

-Great for small glitter applications

I just have to say, I just mixed up some brush cleanser and it works FANTASTIC! I sprayed all of my brushes with it, ran it under some water and you would not believe how clean my brushes are. Much cleaner than they ever were with baby shampoo. I haven't used a foundation brush much with my foundation because I always have so much trouble getting baby shampoo to rinse and I have to wash it every single time that I use it. Now I'll be able to spray this brush cleanser on, rinse it super quick (really, barely anything to rinse with this formula) and lay it out to dry. Thank you so much makeupfreak! Now I just need to find a pharmacy that sells glycerin as I haven't been able to find it here lately.

Oh! Also, when I spray it on the brushes, I take a white towel that I don't care too much about and gently wipe my brushes on it before rinsing. You should see the amount of makeup that this stuff gets out!
smile.gif

The only thing is...with the mac brush cleanser...you can use your cleaned brush right away. Can you use this product right away?
tocktock.gif

Hi,

Great recipe. What's the turnaound time for drying? When I'm working, I need something quick.

This to me is more for a weekly cleaning of brushes, not to be used for everyday, quick cleaning while applying to clients. But I'm not a MA, so this works perfectly in my case.

Originally Posted by Kaycee37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif The only thing is...with the mac brush cleanser...you can use your cleaned brush right away. Can you use this product right away?
tocktock.gif
yeah this is deff not to be used if you need your brushes right away, it will take a little longer than the mac brush cleanser to dry.

Yeah mac brush cleaner works great for a quick clean. I guess if you make this recipe you can use it for when you wash all your brushes and use mac cleaner for a quick clean. It will make the MAC cleaner last longer.

I added a video on this on the Linked Video Tutorial section if anyone wants to check it out.

Back