Brush cleanser recipe!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by makeupfreak72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i just found this on another website. i made some since my mac brush cleanser was almost finished, so you all can re-use your empty mac cleanser bottles and make tons, anyway it works great!!!

what you will need:

bottled water- 1 cup

91% alcohol- 1/4 cup

dishwashing soap- 1/2 tsp.

baby shampoo-1/2 tsp.

leave in conditioner (like infusium)- 1 tsp.

mix it all slowly so it wont suds up, then pour into empty container or empty mac brush cleanser bottle, tell me what you all think once you use it. so far its working great for me!!!

Was it from Enkore Makeup...with that guy Koren? He's pretty good.

I use tap water with mine and it works just fine, but I'm sure bottled would be better in the long run cause then you don't have to deal with hard water wear and tear on your brushes. Yes, you do have to rinse afterwards, but you will not believe how easy they are to rinse and how clean they get.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by chococat123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does it matter if it's tap water or bottled water??
After you clean the brushes with these, do you rinse them with water afterwards?

Originally Posted by makeupfreak72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif cool! and you know except for the fact that mac's version is pink the actual liquid looks the same, like just a little teeny bit foamy and a hint of the alcohol smell, i think it's cool. Add a couple of drops of scented oil. That (I think) will take away that alcohol smell.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif i saw this on youtube.Is this that Koren guy's recipe?

Yup, it's Enkore's recipe..
laughing.gif

Enkore also has one that cleans false lashes.. Check out his vids at U Tube.

Does this Enkore have a My Space account?
biggrin.gif

A little note... Gerber makes a baby shampoo/baby wash that smells like lavender. It makes your brushes smell sweet =)

Wow and I just bought a bottle of brush cleanser. Me and my rotten luck <g>. Well at least now I can save this recipe for when this bottle runs out

Back