Bumps with no "heads"?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arghh...I hate those little bumps. My face is basically clear, except for those bumps. I never knew what they were. I am so glad there are such an informative group of people in this forum. Now I know it is due to my clogged pores. I am definitely going to work on unclogging them.

aaaaaaaaaaargh i have these!

around my chin and at the sides of my top lip.

i'm going to apply a face mask/exfoliate and steam tonight. hopefully that will help open them up and make them go away eventually.

haha the "silly string" made me laugh! i know exactly what you're trying to say.. i also have those bumps.. i so hate those nasty bumps! i think it's because of having oily skin, too much sweating(in my case), shampoo(because i have lots of it around the hairline) and cosmetics. please recommend a drugstore product w/c has glycolic acid? the ones made for "true" acne never made the bumps disappear.

Icky icky! I've never had that happen to me. Sounds like exfoliating is the best thing to do!

I thought it might have been blind pimples, but after reading all the other replies, I agree with that it's most likely clogged pores.

I started using a "buff puff" with my facial cleanser, whatever I am using that month, and the results have been fab. I also started using the Olay microderm system-I don't love it but it's not irritating my skin or anything so I'm going to use it until it's gone.

u really shouldnt squeeze. cuz it really DOES spread it. i happens to me all the time. i get 1 bump, squeeze it, no only do i have a scar that will last for 3 weeks, but 3 more pimples shows up around the area~

I have this too, but sometimes I have found that exfoliating irritates some already existing zits and that causes even more little bumps to come up.

Ohhhh i feel your pain i had themm on my jaw line and cheeks and forhead and chin i had them everywhere and i was so embarssed from them because it will show in lights all bumpyyy and i tryed everything nothing would clear them up the only thing that got rid of them well not all but most 90% of them was glycolic cleanser and retin a gel at night and exfolate once a week with epidermx microdermabrasion if u want if not just get md formulations face and body scrub and dont wear liquid foundation sometimes foundations cause them or moistures u have to watch out what ur using i use glo mineral makeup its mineral makeup its good doesnt clog my pores oh yeah and drink alot of water cut down on junk i dont know but when i cut down of junk my skin gets better

Hope i helped :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good luck

Silly-string is exactly what it looks like! I have those too and I can't help but pick at them...shame shame I know! As someone else mentioned, DDF has an awesome acne line. I *adore* their Acne Pumice Scrub! I know you said you can get dry, but I think if you used it only once or twice a week it would really help!

what an informative thread! i too get these and how i loathe them with a passion..and yes, squeezing them = more! blah. im a picker too which is hard because i think if i get it out then itll be gone. but nope, not the case at all. have u figured out the culprit for u? i was just on another thread and now i want to slather vaseline on my face..ill do anything to get rid of the bumps lol

i have that same problem too.

i found out mine was most likely caused by the new foundation i've using

i have since stop using that foundation and it's already clearing up.

oh no!!i have EXACTLY the same problem and it started earlier this year!i thought i was the only one with this problem cause somehow no one can tell me what's wrong with my skin!

the problem is i only have it on my cheeks!the more i squeeze the silly strings, the more they pop out...sometimes i go crazy and squeeze until blood came out, i know that's bad but really frustrating...

does chemical peel help?doctors say it's comedones and somehow the sebum under your skin is clogged and nothing can get rid of it unless u go for chemical peels which are really expensive here, and need to do it around 6 times before can see results!!please help...

Hi,

Try to stop the squeezing. Do you wear makeup? Especially blush on your cheeks. If so, make sure you keep your brushes and other makeup tools clean.

i got them too!!! its always on my forehead cos of my fringe... i guess it just encourage bacteria colonising the pores or something.

thanks for the info..yupp!now that i think about it..it's probably the brushes..heheh..will try and see if it makes any difference..thanks again and cheers!

This is my biggest problem. I have changed my cleanser, creams, makeup. they just dont go away no matter what I do.

I had something like you, and what i did is i got a gentle exfoliator that i can use day and night, noxema has a good one that doubles as a cleanser!

it sometimes happens with clogged pores. basically i describe it as the stage before i have those really annoying white pimples(you know something is growing under your skin, and you know it's a pimple but you can't do anything about it).

what i do is i try to leave my face alone (at least this part), and i use a gentle exfoliator (neutrogena deep clean). this helps a bit.

my dad got me this cream called Auréomycine, and it sort of stops the process, so if you have that bump it will just reduce slowly(the greasy texture is horrible, but it works). it takes about 2-3 days. maybe you can find a cream that does the same?

Back