Canadian subscription boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by knailart /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just received my January Glymm Bag: I received the following, however the Sheswai polish was supposed to be a bonus item, which is annoying since the bag has just recently increased their price to 15.00/month. This month wouldn't have exceeded that cost value wise, which I have come to expect based on every other beauty subscription service. I currently subscribe to Glymm, Topbox, Glossybox, and I just signed up for my first Julep box for only a penny. I would quit Glymm after this month however this subscription was a gift and I have 10 months left to go...

Sheswai Polish in totally .5oz ($16.00)
2 LA Fresh travel-lite Facial Cleansing Wipes ($0.62)
LashEM Double Trouble Mascara ($1.54)
Coolway BOOST Hair Treatment 1 oz ($4.44)
Lavender Mint Firming Serum ($6.80)
Total: $29.40 (without Sheswai Polish, 13.40)
Well, like I said I don't normally have high expectations for them. They had a pretty decent December bag I think. At least your subscription was a gift, I paid for mine upfront. I will not be renewing. You should try ipsy/myglam. Its $15 a month for Canadians and the stuff is totally worth it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Glossybox for January really sucks.

Some people got Prevage Day Cream exp 01/2013........really now??

Also all the other samples I got last year and seems they are trying to clean out their warehouse.

I got the Elizabeth Grant moisture stick, Beauty so Clean,Burts Bees samples last year.

Also no glossymag for January.

I'm really glad I canceled in Dec. because even if they had no issues and sent those same samples I'd be pissed no matter what the cost.

But $21 for repeat samples from last year??

And as far as I know they have not replaced any of the expired items from the Dec box.

People were kind of expecting Glossy to make up for all their issues in January.

I can't figure out how to edit my last post here.....

Wanted to add Glossybox Canada will not let me post anything on their Facebook page.

Really surprised they would do that- I have not been rude to anyone.

By doing that they can be sure I will never sign up again (and that is fine).

And apparently they banned a few other commenters- mostly the people who posted about the expired products.

I'm still going to check out ther FB page as the posts can be quite entertaining.

Also when I checked earlier today their whole wall seems to be full of posts from people who a super mad about the Jan box and how it just has old and some expired samples from the last year.

I'm very curious as to what will become of Glossybox, hopefully they turn around their business or I do not see them being here that long.

yessh, sounds like a mess. they just sent me a 'we miss you. come back!' email offering 10% off my next box. no thanks.

Just received my January Glymm Bag: I received the following, however the Sheswai polish was supposed to be a bonus item, which is annoying since the bag has just recently increased their price to 15.00/month. This month wouldn't have exceeded that cost value wise, which I have come to expect based on every other beauty subscription service. I currently subscribe to Glymm, Topbox, Glossybox, and I just signed up for my first Julep box for only a penny. I would quit Glymm after this month however this subscription was a gift and I have 10 months left to go...

Sheswai Polish in totally .5oz ($16.00)
2 LA Fresh travel-lite Facial Cleansing Wipes ($0.62)
LashEM Double Trouble Mascara ($1.54)
Coolway BOOST Hair Treatment 1 oz ($4.44)
Lavender Mint Firming Serum ($6.80)
Total: $29.40 (without Sheswai Polish, 13.40)
The LA Fresh wipes cost $10.00 for 6pc in the US

http://www.dermstore.com/list_La+Fresh_501886.htm

Glymm is ok if you do the surveys and get points.

The one year membership also just had a deal where it came out to $12 a month, plus a $50 credit to their store!!!!

---------------------

Also wanted to add Glossybox just sent me 2 replacement samples and obv they did not read my email I specifically said No Revlon,No Avon.

So of course I'm expecting nothing or at best Revlon and Avon.

They sent me one of the old Revlon nail polish #478 TUSCAN SUN discontinued and old

And Maybeline MNY lip gloss- another item that is discontinued and from 2010 and only sold on ebay.....

Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The LA Fresh wipes cost $10.00 for 6pc in the US

http://www.dermstore.com/list_La+Fresh_501886.htm

Glymm is ok if you do the surveys and get points.

The one year membership also just had a deal where it came out to $12 a month, plus a $50 credit to their store!!!!

---------------------

Also wanted to add Glossybox just sent me 2 replacement samples and obv they did not read my email I specifically said No Revlon,No Avon.

So of course I'm expecting nothing or at best Revlon and Avon.

They sent me one of the old Revlon nail polish #478 TUSCAN SUN discontinued and old

And Maybeline MNY lip gloss- another item that is discontinued and from 2010 and only sold on ebay.....
http://lafreshgroup.com/samples/la-fresh-sample-wipes.html

Two LA Fresh sample wipes are 1.00 on the LA fresh store.. each person can order up to five sets of two, you could get 10 individually wrapped for 5 dollars! Crazy how they are overvalued everywhere. I hated the Maybelline MNY Lipgloss from the Nov Glossybox. Terrible 

Two LA Fresh sample wipes are 1.00 on the LA fresh store.. each person can order up to five sets of two, you could get 10 individually wrapped for 5 dollars! Crazy how they are overvalued everywhere. I hated the Maybelline MNY Lipgloss from the Nov Glossybox. Terrible 
How much is shipping to Canada on the LA fresh site....they are in the United States.

So, I'm pretty sure shipping is a lot to Canada-  usually tax,duty and sometimes the $5 Canada post "handling fee" if your package is at the post office.

I think I tried the MNY gloss once- it was ok. Maybe not that great since I do not use it,lol.

Apparently it was discontinued in 2010......so that is maybe one reason the gloss sucks.

Glossybox Canada should be called "garage sale box" or on FB people are saying they are affiliated with Dollarama,lol.

I wonder how can Glossybox Canada be so bad now compared to what they have in other countries?

Where do they get all these crap old items from?

I also think Glossybox is very misleading with their videos and ads and am waiting to see if anyone will go after them for misleading advertising.

-All the videos I've seen of them online and TV, their "editors" or whoever is presenting is only showing full size items- at least 8 or more high end full size items and saying "you get these nice samples" but then showing only full size items and not the actual Glossybox with the magazine that we receive.

And they do not show any "drugstore brands" or Avon in their TV spots either...

I think I saw their latest video on their Facebook, it was Daytime TV something....

LA Fresh is quoting me $28.00 US for shipping the 10 wipes to Canada.

United States Postal Service
Priority Mail International $28.25

-this is the only shipping option they have.

Hope I get my Topbox soon too!

I also subed to Seasonsbox....hope they ship that soon as well! 

Not a sub but a really fun website to treat yourself with fancy foods in Canada is www.chocodirect.com

Shipping for any order is only $5 but only ships for Canada only.

They have a lot of European candy, but also stuff like tea, pasta, fair trade foods <I've tried sugar, tea, plantain chips, coookies>.

Also they usually add quite a few extra random items to your order- usually candy that is just at the "best before" date- but they put stickers on those items that say "compliments of...."

-and they have Haribo candy, those are hard to find in most Canadian stores....<small bags are only $2 too!>

I am subscribed to a few - I love getting surprises every month and love trying out new products before buying full price at sephora or online. I am a beauty product junkie so this works for me - I select a few samples to try each week. I also do a Sunday spa day regularly so I try out the scrubs, soaps, lotions. Glossybox has not impressed me so far. I do like Ipsy My Glam and Top Box for their mix of beauty care and makeup. Starlooks is one of my favorite for makeup - they offer full size makeup products - great quality. Lip Factory is also a favorite - they offer brands I have not seen before instead of drugstore or mass market so that is fun to try.  Beauty Box 5 is fun - mostly just samples, but not an expensive monthly payout. Julep Maven is OK - all nail polish. I do like nail polish,but not enough to need 2 or 3 new colors every month. Eco Emi I like because it is all eco and cruelty free - includes products like toothpaste and household so not only beauty. Loose button is quarterly - and has great products, heavy focus on l'Oreal and its companies I find but good value for the cost. Natural Beauty Box I am going to let lapse - I loved the idea of more natural products but not impressed with their offering. Fortune Cookie soap I have only received one box so far as it is quarterly- I enjoyed it - soap, lotions, hand sanitizers - very innovative scents and packaging. Shiny Set is a jewelry subscription out of Edmonton in Canada - not impressed as it states to be a monthly service - I signed up in November and to date have ony received one box. Misto Coffee I signed up for 6 months as a Xmas gift for my brother - samples of coffee from around the world monthly - he is loving it. They have great customer service - I highly recommend this one. Seasons Box is Canadian - lifestyle products rather than makeup or beauty - this is the BEST one so far. A bit pricier but the products received are high quality and so beautifully individually wrapped they may a great stash of gifts to give (hostess, birthdays, recognition to employees). Divalicious Delights is a quarterly box with local etsy (small business) products - I like this one.Canadian and a good assortment.  There are some US boxes - Tantalizing Sampler, Sampler Village and Out of the box sampler - that offer same small business etsy, natural products - shea butter soaps and lotions, scented wax tarts - of these Out of the box sampler is my favorite, however recent postal increases have made shippng pricey. There are some interesting foodie boxes in Canada - Turntable Kitchen and the Missing Ingredient - would like to try those out in 2013

Never heard of missing ingredient....sounds interesting.

Not a sub but for candy, chocolate,teas and a lot of European food I like chocodirect.com

I use them a lot to send gifts to family as it is $5 to send any item <even heavy glass jam jars> and they have brands I never  see in the European deli or stores here.

They also sell 40 or 50 kinds of Cote D'or chocolate and have the large 200/300 gram bars a family member "must have",lol.

SkincareRX used to have a quarterly sampler called Beauty Cache and is was $30 quarterly and you got a store coupon with it.

They ended their samplers in Nov I think? but I was speaking to someone on the phone at their website and they might start their samplers again this year I was told.

Anyone else getting fed up with Glymm? I usually don't expect much from them. I think I have to drop my expectations down to zero. No Feb bag yet, no email, I'll be having a party when my year subscription is up! And celebrating by cashing in a the glymm points I can,

I'm in the same boat! Unfortunately, I have 10 months left to go (including Feb. which has not shipped yet) - seems crazy.

I am trying to find some good Canadian subscription boxes. I started with Ipsy, Julep and glossybox, and now I am waiting for TopBox and Starbox 

Yupppppp!

I think you prob could get a refund for the remainder of your membership if you bug them.

or else usually you have 3 months to do a chargeback with credit cards.

I liked my Glymm sub so far and am hoping the next 2 months will be decent.​
 ​
I'm most likely going to just make up my own "sub box" with whatever Skincarerx has in the sale section......that way I know what I am getting.​

I'm in the same boat! Unfortunately, I have 10 months left to go (including Feb. which has not shipped yet) - seems crazy.

Originally Posted by AggieK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is a new Canadian sub service called SeasonsBox. The company sends luxurious full size seasonal must-have products for your home, body, and spirit and it's revealed each month what is included in the box (it's never a surprise) https://seasonsbox.com/#products
I have heard good things about the SeasonsBox... I am thinking of giving it a try! If you have received one, can you post pictures of the unboxing? :)

I'm currently signed up for glossybox, topbox, and luxebox. I had signed up for Glymm for maybe 5 months and finally cancelled because I felt like the price increase was unreasonable for what I was getting. I also tried Ipsy, and Beauty Box 5 in the past but I'm sticking to 3 for now.

What do you think of February's Glymm?

Villainess Ginger Snapped Soap

Purely Pro Cosmetics (colour luxury)

Nailluv Gel Polish (colour berry sweet)

Monster Gloss Super Shine Lipgloss (colour purple)

Shinyset Subscription 50% off card

Heart Shaped Lollypop

Glymm Bag

I personally could do without the purple gloss and lollypop, lol.

Back