Circular Swap #5: Calibama Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Small Town PO Massacre

To get the full jist of today's PO problem you will first need to listen to "Alice's Restaraunt" the full-length original 1967 version. Go listen now, I'll wait.

Now you ready to hear about today's PO debacle. First, was the problem of the bulging top. That garnered me the stink-eye and grumbles about the box should not be bulging. I was appropriately apologetic. But then, it happened.

One of the full size bottles of perfume decided to leak right there and then. I'm kinda praying that the PO worker will just think I have bathed in the stuff, but oh no, she's a canny old bird. So right there in our tiny, yet crowded PO I get read the riot act, with many a dire warning.Luckily I had not clicked the agreement that I was not mailing perfumes or hazardous materials. Amongst the dressing down it was mentioned that if I did ship perfume Priority it would not be a local or state offence, but a Federal one and would result in the Dept of Homeland Security coming after me.

I have removed the full size perfumes. They have no caps, they leak, and I got embarrassed enough today. I don't want them but the hassle just isn't worth it.

I got a new box, I'm wiping off everything in hopes that the perfume scent will fade. I'll be airing out all of it tomorrow and will mail out Wednesday.

"You can get anything you want......"
(Person from the South group jumping in here..)

Oh my gosh, that is the worst!! I had the box before nikkimouse, and was SO worried about that happening with those same perfumes! They were in the box then as well.

In our South swap we agreed for the next go-round that we would limit it to one large flat rate box, and if the contents were going to exceed that then the person could have the right to edit some things out of the box just so it would all fit.. Because it's just so much! And you definitely don't want to have to pay for two boxes.

I hope your next attempt at the post office goes better!!

(Person from the South group jumping in here..)

Oh my gosh, that is the worst!! I had the box before nikkimouse, and was SO worried about that happening with those same perfumes! They were in the box then as well.

In our South swap we agreed for the next go-round that we would limit it to one large flat rate box, and if the contents were going to exceed that then the person could have the right to edit some things out of the box just so it would all fit.. Because it's just so much! And you definitely don't want to have to pay for two boxes.

I hope your next attempt at the post office goes better!!
OMG! I am soooo sorry! My usual PO doesn't really give me the 3rd degree like that, but some temp USPS lady was at the counter one day and maaaaan, it was like she knew I had perfumes, nail polish, and aerosols in the box (dry shampoos and some hairsprays). It was kinda like lying to grandma about murdering someone and burying the body in her backyard or something. evil eye!!!

@kristinewalker -- i can't lie. i had to laugh. I'm always afraid that's going to be me when I get to the PO. The box I shipped to @@jkwynn wasn't sealed yesterday -- so I was really praying the guy wouldn't go rummaging around...

I got the other box today, so pics coming soon!

(I'm assuming we're just using this thread instead of both now?)
I'm not sure but great idea!  When we swapped with you all, I subbed to your thread so I could see all your updates on our box!  Maybe see what your swap group wants to do and paste the link in the thread so they can all come see the box!  

Can't wait to see what you think!  Hope you find some things you love!

Hey Y'all.  Got the box today.  Prepare for my usual bazillion photos.  Sorry I cannot do the spoliers so this will be long and take lots of space.  Happy Friday!

photo 1-73.JPG

photo 2-67.JPG

photo 3-34.JPG

photo 4-23.JPG

photo 5-14.JPG

photo 1-74.JPG

photo 2-68.JPG

photo 3-35.JPG

photo 4-24.JPG

photo 5-15.JPG

First of all, sorry for the delay with these pics - when it rains it pours, and we had a ton of things crammed in the last few days.

Anyway, on to the pics.  I'm going to have to get creative or something to get all the stuff back in the box and taped up, because there is a TON of stuff and the laws of physics just aren't willing to compromise.  :/  

What came: 

calibama what came.jpeg

What I took: 

calibama took.jpeg

calibama foils.jpeg

What I added:

calibama put in.jpeg

The Box Situation:

calibama box struggles.jpeg

I may have enough birchbox empties to repack things and fit them a little tighter.  I hope that works, because the side of the box has nail polishes (in packaging) and the perfume zippy, plus the foil zippy and a couple of the bigger items, just loose on the bottom of the box.  I'll figure something out, because it ain't gonna happen as-is.  I just wanted to go ahead and get the pics on here since it's been a few days.

This may have been my favorite box yet! Thanks for swapping with us Calibama!!

Box will go out Monday as I head to Alabama (lol - going home for a visit y'all! I have a niece who is a month and a half old that I haven't even met yet!!)

Went out today covered in tape, lol! Had to put "no fly" stamps all over it b/c of perfumes, but the post office guy said that since it wasn't going super-far they wouldn't have flown it anyway - shouldn't be a delay in delivery time or anything.

Went out today covered in tape, lol! Had to put "no fly" stamps all over it b/c of perfumes, but the post office guy said that since it wasn't going super-far they wouldn't have flown it anyway - shouldn't be a delay in delivery time or anything.

I do want to bow down to your packing skill. There is a lot of stuff in the box.

Sorry I disappeared after getting the box.  @@tgooberbutt had PMed me to let me know she was traveling and to take my time with the box.  So I did!

What I am taking:  Subject to change as I always feel I take too much!

photo 1-75.JPG

And What I put in.  Not sure how I am going to make this stuff fit.  Guess I have my work cut out for me!

photo 2-69.JPG

So i'm having quite the conundrum... I got a Naked Skin Foundation Sample from our box on the first or second round -- and i LOVE IT -- but I can't, for the life of me, find anywhere that tells what shade it is. Guess I'm gonna have to go to sephora and compare!

So i'm having quite the conundrum... I got a Naked Skin Foundation Sample from our box on the first or second round -- and i LOVE IT -- but I can't, for the life of me, find anywhere that tells what shade it is. Guess I'm gonna have to go to sephora and compare!
Oooo - if it was the one in a tube in a cardboard folder (as opposed to the blister pack foundation pods that look more like the sephora shower pods), I think I have more of the tubie thingies. (I buy way too much from the UD site :/ )  If I find them, I'll put them in with your name on them!

Last edited by a moderator:
@@tgooberbutt - you're the best -- and i think it might be exactly what you're talking about -- it came in a cardboard folder, and it's a tube. and i LOVE IT!

Back