Clinique Stay True foundation (and my nightmare makeover!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG, this happened to me at teh MAC counter when I went in for Barbie and had the girl try the Satinfinish on me. She put wayyy too much on the 187 ( I think dabbing it on the face, and then blending with the 187 works better, IMO), and didn't blend it at ALL. I was horrified when she handed me the mirror, it looked so cakey and streaky, and it was thick on some parts of my face! Luckily I could tell the color was good, though, so I bought it anyways, and I do a helluva better job than she did. lol. I hate when they just slap it on to make a quick sale. I washed my face promptly after getting home.

That's great you found one you like, though!

Ha ha! Kee, yes that me!! I gave up on blusher wayyy back last year lol! I just stick to bronzer now, saves the heartache lol!! xx

I think the reason was that she didnt take my makeup off properly and my skin felt really greasy then she added moisturiser on. I'd rather her have used a face wipe and a small amount of moisturiser

The foundation is gorgeous though, I've got it on this morning and it's doing a good job at controlling my oil!

i used the stay true foundation befor and liked it and i have tried other clinique foundations and always seem to like them

glad you found one that works for you.

Yeah I can't wait to try the Superbalanced too now lol for my better skin days! My friend works for clinique but only works certain days so hopefully I'll see her instead this weekend lol!

i'm so sorry for the makeover !

hey, but you say if you have warm undertones, you're NC ? :kopfkratz: because i have cool undertones and use a NC mac foundation (NC30). maybe that's why i always look yellow when i put it? i'm sick of looking yellow, lol, and the foundation doesn't covers much of my red cheeks, so i look horrible :banghead:

Yes MAC have a really funny way of dealing with their colours. I was taught to look at them this way:-

NC - Not Cool (meaning you have warm undertones e.g. yellow, golden etc)

NW - Not Warm (meaning you have cool undertones e.g. pink)

that will be why you do look a bit yellow if you're using NC and you have cool undertones.

I'm sorry you had a horrid makeover, but you ended up with the foundation you like, so yay!

ah ok, thanks, that makes more sense. the mac MUA told me not to use NW foundations or i'd look too pink/red, so he told me basically a NC foundation to cover my pink undertones. oh, well, it wasn't a bad idea.

The Mac MUA also told me to get NC because I have Redness from Rosacea. It does tend to look a little yellow on me, but I'm thinking it is just gonna take some getting used to. I have been using Estee Lauder Double Wear in Ecru which is a Neutral, but it doesn't match me as good as the mac does. The Mac matches my neck and covers my redness pretty good, but the yellow I'll have to get used to. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Did it take you any time to get used to it? Is there anything you do to take away from the yellow? Blush looks much better on me now though. Sorry to get off subject and Ramble! I just got my mac yesterday and hope to get used to it.

my select spf is a more sheer/medium coverage, so it's not enough for my cheeks. i blend it like hell and try to make thin layers. i don't like it, because at home it's ok, but outside, if i don't blend blend and blend, it looks a bit unnatural (and as i'm blending i'm taking off a bit of the product i put on my face, arg). i realised if i put only moisturiser and sunscreen, i look better than with my foundation on. what i wanna try is just use concealer where i need it, and powder over it.

i agree my blush looks better after i've applied my foundation.

I didnt like MAC Select, I received a bottle in a swap so very glad I didnt buy it. It doesnt stay on your skin and it doesnt set so if you swipe your finger across it all the make up comes off! That's what's good about the clinique foundation it sets on your skin without being heavy

Nessicle: what color did you say you got in stay True? I'm going to try it today. The only one I could find that was like Natural is Stay Neutral. I was thinking you said Natural, but there isn't one on the website. I hate it when the Clinique girl tries to match my color because she gets it too dark. Thanks for any help! I thought I'd ask you since we tend to be the same. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok! I just saw that you said Nude. Here is the color choices they have on the website. I'm hoping maybe you can help me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm going to try to post the colors they have.

Ok the color choices on the site are: Stay Ivory, Stay Light, Stay Neutral, Stay Beige, stay Porcelain.

pixel_ltgreen.gif

you know i had a clinique liquid foundation for combo skin ( superbalanced ) in my hands when i went to the Mac counter and i just put it back to take my Mac foundation instead. :tocktock::banghead:

I went today and the lady matched me with True Beige. I got a sample of it to take home and try. They don't do the whole face at my cliniques so I couldn't really see how it's gonna work yet. I may get a fullsize if I like it!

hmmm you might have different shades to us in the US - we dont even seem to have half the colourstay shades that are available in the US either it's madness! Theres a shade called Nude in the CS Softflex and I want to try it just in case its a better match but they don't see that shade over here!

Back