Colormates, Profusion, Whatever Other Name They Go By Swatches

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I basically have to put blinders on when driving or take someone with me to remind me that we don't have time to stop off at whatever store we're passing. Even worse... next door to my daughters' summer school (eldest is taking radio broadcasting, middle is taking culinary arts) is Ed Wyse. I have their father drop and pick them up from school! LOL

Lol ouch!  I have a similarish problem.  I drop my daughter off for preschool (to help her speech grow she was a late talker) 3 days a week 9-12:30 and instead of driving home I go out and shop.  It's so bad lol.  I know I should go straight home but I can't help it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yup, $3.49, my eyes practically bugged out of my head. Those come in eight different palettes just like the Profusion. They had tons of other stuff from Beauty-Treats but everything was three (or more) times as much as what you can find at other stores. Like the glitter cream palettes - they were selling those for $9.99 when I've seen them at Walgreens for $2.49.

Absolutely! I have a feeling if I had a pro card with them, since it is a salon/beauty supply, that I would pay 50% less since all the other products, with a pro card, was 50% less. Still, that just irritates me that they would rip customers off on a line that you can pick up at the Dollar Store, Big Lots or Walgreens for half off or more.

I agree It's shocking lol.  Here at the 99 cent only stores they have a lot of baby/toddler clothing that I've seen at Marshall's or TJ selling for like 8 bucks. It's no name brand stuff too.  Literally no name cheapy clothes

I went to Walgreens and Big Lots and didn't see any of this make up :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I did see a palette of 48 shadows from Diamond Cosmetics at Big Lots so I bought it hehe (Technically, I didn't spend any money on it, I returned a shirt that I bought and didn't like when I tried it on so I used that money. Hubby can't say I broke my promise :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) I did some swatches, not all of them tho. I'm still gonna keep my eyes open for these.

If you have a dollar type store try there. Some of those dollar type stores sell them as well.

Yah we have a Dollar Tree here, I'll have to check it out. Every store carries different things so its hit or miss :/

I've never seen it. I dont think I have a lot of different brand names in my area :/

I'm going to Boston in a couple of weeks and hopefully I'll be able to do some serious make up shopping. Its an hour away and that the closest retail store for Nyx. So I'm hoping they have other brands too.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone tried color workshop stuff? 
The parent company of that is Markwins which owns Wet 'n' Wild. Unfortunately the Color Workshop is very hit and miss and tends to be chalky and not very well pigmented. Shame because one would think since it's made by the same company that own WnW it'd be better.

Originally Posted by Hezzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm going to Boston in a couple of weeks and hopefully I'll be able to do some serious make up shopping. Its an hour away and that the closest retail store for Nyx. So I'm hoping they have other brands too.
If you're going to Boston head sound to South Shore Plaza to shop. It's actually in Braintree, MA.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The parent company of that is Markwins which owns Wet 'n' Wild. Unfortunately the Color Workshop is very hit and miss and tends to be chalky and not very well pigmented. Shame because one would think since it's made by the same company that own WnW it'd be better.

Booo  I was hoping it would be good.

^ The nail polishes are good though. I bought a few sets for my middle daughter and the colors were well pigmented, dried nicely and had enough shimmer to make the nails shine without being so glittery that large chunks would peel off like some of the Sinful Colors glitter polishes.

Back