December 2015 Birchbox *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh, mine loaded. It's showing:

Serge Normant Volumizing Spray: pys, a hair product that will actually work for my hair 

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream: will be much needed, as it says it can be used for chapped lips too, hopefully it's a good size

CS Style Eyes: Not sure which colors for certain, but the palette it's showing is all pink toned shades. Meh.

Malin and Goetz Clarifying Clay Mask: Love Malin and Goetz, love masks. Hopefully I can get a few uses out of it.

The Balm Frat Boy Blush

I'm pretty satisfied.
My box cheat shows the same.  I'm kind of meh about all of it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I have tracking number for both boxes and received the "Wanna peek?" email this morning for the non-curated one but when I clicked on it took me to the November box.

My main acct loaded: same box as post above with: highlighting creme, coola, Amika dry shampoo, eye shadow, and sea sal spray. A huge bust for me on this one. Sunscreen and beach wave spray?!? Are they kidding does that scream winter and festive to you?
Same as the two above. I live in Michigan...I don't leave the house until May hahahaha highlighter, sunscreen, and beachy waves....oh Birchbox, what a huge FAIL. 

I just looked at my mom's box spoiler, she's got: Yu-Be skin cream, eye shadow, volumizing spray, Malin + Goetz clay mask, and theBalm's FratBoy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My box is showing:

Laqa & co fat lip pencil - okay hopefully it's a useable color.

Soak Handmaid Hand Cream - love hand cream!

Number 4 hair spray - eh will get thrown in my travel bag

Twistband hair tie - cute will get used.

Willa lavender facial towelettes - great travel item.

Good box, doesn't feel very festive.

I went with the curated but was thinking of picking up a second box. Remember last year when every box had chocolate and all of the PYS were amazing? Why not sample those pretty hand creams from brands like Tocca and Lolia? That would make so much more sense than beach spray and sunscreen.

Got a shipping notice this morning and here is my box:

I am ok with it, more so than some other months, tbh.

I hope they throw in something extra, like tea bags or pretzels, though, because i agree it isn't very festive.

bb dec.png

I received the same box as @artemiss. I won't lie, I am very disappointed with Birchbox. Month after month I say I don't use dry shampoo and I get it on every account every month. I know you can't opt out of things but this seems more like a specialty item than something everyone uses. I just don't get it. makes me really consider dropping Birchbox and just picking up a second Ipsy or something but the point system always makes me stay to be disappointed again next month. 

Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk- Will get tossed into the void with all the other dry shampoo.

Harvey Prince Sea Salt Texturizing Mist- IT IS WINTER! I am not at the beach. Even if I was I really don't use these types of things anyway. Plus it's Harvey Prince so I'm still betting it smells like butt. 

Coastal Scents Eye Shadow-PYS

Juara Coconut Illpie Hand & Nail Balm- This at least makes sense. I will use it since my hands need it. I wash and use so much antibacterial stuff during the winter. 

theBalm cosmetics Frat Boy Blush/Shadow- I'm not sure how I feel about this color but at least it's makeup. It's probably super tiny though.

Out of two boxes I received five usable products two of them being PYS eye shadows. I'm glad these boxes only ended up being a total of $5 together else I would be super sad this month. 

I went with the curated but was thinking of picking up a second box. Remember last year when every box had chocolate and all of the PYS were amazing? Why not sample those pretty hand creams from brands like Tocca and Lolia? That would make so much more sense than beach spray and sunscreen.
Birchbox messed up my account last year, so no chocolate or PYS for me, through no fault of my own. And speaking of sea salt spray, why do they send them out in the winter? I got the Toni and Guy one in my December 2013 box. I think I'm having a hard time with birchbox sending me a facial mask and dry shampoo every month, plus a moisturizer/eye cream/hair oil in every box. 

My cheat still isn't showing juuuust like last month. However, I did get a shipping email this morning which is odd to happen before I can see the box contents. Hope it's all good!

My box is showing:

Laqa & co fat lip pencil - okay hopefully it's a useable color.

Soak Handmaid Hand Cream - love hand cream!

Number 4 hair spray - eh will get thrown in my travel bag

Twistband hair tie - cute will get used.

Willa lavender facial towelettes - great travel item.

Good box, doesn't feel very festive.
Wait, where is your PYS?

I have tracking for my curated box and my monthly. They will be here this week. I'm not going to peek this month! I'm in the mood for a surprise. I hope it's good! I'm dreaming of a sheet mask, hand cream, Foot scrub and highlighter.

I haven't checked ahead of time either. I'm trying to stay spoiler free.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">  I hope it's a good box. I did end up picking one of the shadow combos though.

I still can't see my December box, and for whatever reason it's now saying on the app that it will ship by the 12th! It used to be the 10th was the cutoff. My birchboxes usually take up to 10 days to get to me too. I really hope it ships soon and that it's a good one. I'm trying to hold out on spoilers this month.

Yeah none of my boxes are loaded except the curated box.  I feel like every company is running behind this month.

Latest posts

Back