Do You Drink While You Eat?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mk_girly /img/forum/go_quote.gif Actually I read somewhere that suposedly you're not suppose to drink too much during a meal. It dilutes the acid in your stomach which could lead to health problems. I can't imagine drinking right after your meal would be any different. It's still going to mix with the food and the stomach acid.
Also, those who drink before and/or during their meals tend to eat less.

I drink before and while eating, it's the way i've been raised, and i used to be taught the same way at the school's canteen. it's a way of making a halt in your meal and let your brain work, you may find after a while your body sends the message back your stomach is full and you're not hungry anymore.

i drink water while i eat. lunch time and dinner time are practically the only times i drink water except for some really hot days or if i exercise (which i havent done a lot of lately) :S i dont really drink much throughout the day so i've gotten into the habit of drinking some while i eat

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can't imagine drinking right after your meal would be any different. It's still going to mix with the food and the stomach acid.
Also, those who drink before and/or during their meals tend to eat less.

This is true but they are also hungry sooner than those who drink after their meal. The way I see it is: layering. You wouldn't put your shirt on before your bra and your sweater before your shirt. Everything has its order.

I drink while I eat if I get thirsty, I guess. I don't drink a whole lot, though.

With the kids, hubby says "Eat first, then you can get a drink", because otherwise, they fill up on Kool-Aide, or whatever and then they're not hungry anymore. Then like an hour later, everyone's starving again. Ha!

At dinner time, I usually drink a cup of milk. My mom hates it, and wont drink anything with her dinner, because that is how her and my 9 anuts and uncles were raised.

I always drink quite a bit while I eat. It is better for your metabolism and sugar levels to maintain a more constant level by eating smaller meals more often and drinking a lot of liquid, especially water.

I guess I drink after every couple of bites or so. I never really thought about it, but there is no method to my bite to sip ratio.

It depends. Sometimes I'm really thirsty and drink a lot, and other times I only have a few sips. Lately I haven't been drinking anything with my meals.

I sip and eat together.
biggrin.gif

I have to have a drink after every bite or two.. If I dont then I feel ill afterwards...

My mother would not let us drink until we finished our meals but she had to let me have my drink after each bite when she noticed how it made me sick afterwards...

My sister has her full meal before even touching her drink... Dont know how she does it...

I drink and eat, but I want till I finish my food to drink the rest of my beverage (don't want to get full off of my drink and waste food!)

I usually have something to drink while I'm cooking and then have a drink during eating too. I suppose it's just a reflex for me to drink when I feel hot like my mother always taught me. But now that I know that it can cause indigestion then I may just skip on the drink while eating.

I usually drink once in the middle of my meal and then finish the rest of my drink at the end of the meal. I didn't know it made a difference at all :/

I never knew that people didn't drink with meals. The way I was raised I do drink with my meals. It's not like chew, swallow, drink, chew, swallow, drink, but I definitely do take sips every couple of bites.

i drink every two bites, otherwise i'll get a hiccup. i can drink up to two glasses of water.

I drink half a glass before I eat so my stomach does not devour everything in sight past my full point due to complete emptiness, then I drink the other half for digestive purposes.

Back