Do You Drink While You Eat?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't eat a meal without having a drink nearby. My mouth just gets so dry if I don't. I have a friend who's family never drinks when they eat, and whever I go over for dinner I have to excuse myself to get some water. But then again, I'm always drinking. I can't even leave the house without a bottle of water
smile.gif

I drink alot while I am cooking (to distract myself from nibbling, I suppose) so I am not very thirsty when it comes to eating time.

I drink water with my meals and take sips about every second mouthful. When I'm done I drink another whole glass of water.

I rarely drink anything while I eat unless what I'm eating is extremely dry.

I drink a lot during meals. I drink from a large cup and usually still have to get a refill. I'm not sure why... But my mouth gets really dry if I don't.

My husband has several glasses of water with his meal and I used to just finish off one glass of water between bites but I've learned that drinking after your meal is better for you, or at least for me (I have digestive problems). So I try to wait till I'm finished eating.

Yes, I drink while I eat. Maybe a few sips when I'm close to being done. I should chug it before I eat though...lol. So I'll be less hungry.

I eat a bit and take a drink, then eat some more and sip the drink again. I am hispanic too and we drink while we eat our meals.

After every few bites of food I drink water and another full glass when I'm finished.

Drinking while eating is supposed to not be very good for your digestion & the absorption of vitamins and minerals.

I drink wine with dinner, but I consider this a food
tongue.gif

I HAVE to have a drink with my meal if I don't I will get hiccups or get a weird choking sensation from my food, I also feel like it helps my food settle. I can't drink water with my meal either, If I drink water with my food I feel like I am going to be sick. Weird I know.

I don't think not not drinking with meals is a Latino thing, my entire family always has drinks with their meals. It could be a regional thing though, especially if your Mexican! My mom usually makes a huge pitcher of lemonade. I would actually get scolded if I didn't give anyone a drink when they were eating.

I will drink all throughout my meal, sometimes just enough to wash every other bite down...lately though, I've been trying to drink before I eat so I feel full sooner and maybe lose a lb or two

I usually drink a little bit of water before a meal and then I don't touch it again until after I have finished. I have no idea why, none of my family members do that so who knows. Drinking before is more of a recent habit, to make me eat less and get full faster. 

I don't drink anything till I'm done with everything lol.. My grandmother never gave us anything to drink till we finshed our plate! So it stuck with me ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Miss her so much :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I always try to drink a full glass of water first before I eat a meal, especially if I'm feeling absolutely ravenous. It really helps me feel full faster, so I don't overeat!

I find drinking a large glass of water just before I have my meal and also sipping a beverage (usually tea or water) during my meal has been significant in helping me, first to lose, then maintain my weight.  I had an issue with food portion control and use to eat a lot more than what was necessary to fuel my body.  After I finish my meal, I need to feel full and satisfied and drinking that water before and during my meal gives me that feeling.  Now, after each meal, I almost feel like I've overindulged and that I've eaten as much as I want when in reality I've had a realistic portion size and a healthy portion size of food.

Louise Talbot 

link deleted

I've found that with a whole meal I drink less than 1/2 of whatever I'm drinking. My husband drinks after almost every single bite or two and my sister won't drink anything til she's done eating bc that's what my grandmother taught her. Sometimes I do the same. Is there any particular way you vary your beverage with you meal?
I drink while I eat. I prefer milk with supper 99% of the time. Other meals it varies--pop, water, juice--depending on what I feel like drinking at the time. I prefer to drink at the beginning and end of the meal if I can, but I usually have do drink after every 2 or 3 bites. I do not eat without something to drink on hand. I'll wait to eat until I can buy a bottle of water if I forgot to bring one.

Back