Does the Marriage Institution Still Exist?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif I never thought about marriage that way, I wanted to be happy and be w/ a person that will be w/ me forever too. In fact I didn't want/have a wedding, and I still don't. It would be nice to have pictures, but I don't want to be w/ him any less cause we both decided to just elope. It made us a little independant too, cause we've worked for EVERYTHING we have, our families are small so we didn't get any gifts, except some towels from his mom
smile.gif

Yeah Dave and I eloped too but we had someone take pics and I even got to wear a dress although I was planning on wearing jeans...lol.

Originally Posted by Make-up_Hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif Before I met and married my husband, I was with a guy for one year and he asked me to marry him. I said no because he wasn't my "friend." I really didn't like being around him much, but I was tired of dating.

I never thought i would get married until I met Dave. I dated a few guys who were great husband material but I didnt think I ever wanted to get married....then in walks Dave...lol

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think the institution of marriage exists, but the game has changed. The vision of marriage is not what it used to be.....
It will be four years in August that I have been married and it is a roller coaster, some days I love him too much, other days, I wanna hook him up in a noose. But we are together cause we are so different, yet so alike, yet so strange together.

I didnt marry for financial security, we started this with nothing....

I didnt marry for a fairytale wedding, I went to the courthouse......

I married him because I love him and he loves me, I think my intentions for marriage were good.

Oh it is definitely a roller coaster. They say the first year of marriage is the roughest and I was like...."we live together ntohing is ognna change" Then we bought a house together, when we argued I couldnt be stubborn and say i'm going to go stay at my moms. We definitely have learned to talk things out and we're learning more everyday.
I too did not marry for financial security or the fairytale wedding (we eloped in the Pocono Mnts. of PA). I too married him because he loves me and I love him.

Just like you and your hubby Dave and i are so different we're alike. Its funny.....you see me walking down the street carrying my LV bag, wearing Coach glasses and there beside me the Biker guy with long hair, dirty work jeans and Harley T-shirt (unless we're going to an affair, then he cleans up nicely...lol). I never thought in a billion years I would ever marry "his type" I am the luckiest woman alive
smile.gif

Back