Drugstore Gems!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rimmel seems very hit or miss.  I heard great things about the Stay Matte primer, but it did nada for me.  Made me shinier, in fact.  Not the desired effect!

I did an entire face using drugstore makeup today! My foundation is the Maybelline Fluid touch makeup and when I say run and buy it, I mean, RUN AND BUY IT RIGHT NOW, IT'S INCREDIBLE!

Blush and eyeliner are by essence, courtesy of my FGM @@lovepink

Mascara is Loreal voluminous butterfly and finally NYX butter lipstick in licorice.

image.jpg
How do you like the LOreal BUtterfly mascara?? I have been thinking of getting it. Did you get the regular or waterproof?

How do you like the LOreal BUtterfly mascara?? I have been thinking of getting it. Did you get the regular or waterproof?
I absolutely LOVE and ADORE the butterfly mascara, it's completely replaced my Dior and Lancome mascaras. And I've tried every variety and liked both equally the same.

I also love the Butterfly mascara. I probably wouldn't have bought it but it came in the last Target beauty box and I adore it. It's better than any high-end mascara I've used-- I've only bought regular, never waterproof. I don't curl my eyelashes with a curler and I feel like the wand curls them nicely so I don't feel bad about skipping that step.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Essence's latest LE blush (Dark Romance Velvet Mousse) is absolutely amazing. You'd think it was a $40 blush for the quality and it will last forever. I don't know how long it'll be available so go run and find it now!!!

Some of my drugstore favs (I'm only listing the ones that I use on a regular basis, otherwise this list would be enormous):

• NYC Bronzer - Sunny
  • NYX Hot Single Eyeshadows - they come in cute MAC-sized pots
  • Jordana Jumbo Pencils
  • Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara
  • Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain - especially the shade Cranberry Crush
  • Maybelline Color Tattoos - huge collection, probably top favs are Barely Branded, Inked in Pink, Pomegranate Punk, Caramel Cool and Dramatic Black (makes an amazing base for smokey eyes)
  • Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush
  • Maybelline Fit Me - Foundation Stick
  • Maybelline Fit Me - Concealer
  • L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Butterfly Mascara
  • Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Eyeliner (Ultra Black)
  • Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural Glow Bronzer
  • Physicians Formula Matte Shadow Collection - Canyon Classics
  • Covergirl Clean Whipped Creme Foundation
  • Essence Lipstick - Natural Beauty
  • Essence Silky Touch Blush - Adorable & Babydoll
  • Revlon Colorstay Foundation (whipped or liquid)
  • Boots No. 7 stay perfect blemish cover stick (concealer)
  • L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow - Always Pearly Pink & Glistening Garnet (these are my favs)
  • Milani Bella Eyes Eyeshadows - Mandarin, Khaki, Violet & Cappuccino (favs)
  • Wet n Wild - Coloricon eyeshadow palettes (waaay too many to name)
  • Wet n WIld - Ticket to Brazil (bronzer)
  • Wet n WIld - Reserve Your Cabana (highlighter)
  • Wet n Wild - Megalast Balm Stain
  • Wet n Wild Lipstick - 901B (Think Pink) and 903C (Just Peachy)
  • Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow Quad - Goddess
  • Rimmel - Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 08
That's probably not everything, that's just all I've got off the top of my head o_O 

Hey girls quick question-

My CVS FINALLY got NYX !! :sunshine:  I thought it would never happen!  My experience with them has been very hit or miss. Love their shadows especially shimmer ones. Also am digging their lip liners and single blushes, but... HATE their lipsticks. Feel so cheap to me and just don't love them compared to other drugstore brands. Anyhoo...my question is, do you girls have a must buy item from NYX? Something I should for sure check out? I am afraid I may just buy ALL the pretties if I go back without a game plan. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you in advance drugstore divas!

Hey girls quick question-

My CVS FINALLY got NYX !! :sunshine:  I thought it would never happen!  My experience with them has been very hit or miss. Love their shadows especially shimmer ones. Also am digging their lip liners and single blushes, but... HATE their lipsticks. Feel so cheap to me and just don't love them compared to other drugstore brands. Anyhoo...my question is, do you girls have a must buy item from NYX? Something I should for sure check out? I am afraid I may just buy ALL the pretties if I go back without a game plan. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you in advance drugstore divas!
you know what, I take that back. The round lipsticks are the ones I dislike. I just remembered I own a butter lipstick that is nice...maybe I'll check out some more of those.

you know what, I take that back. The round lipsticks are the ones I dislike. I just remembered I own a butter lipstick that is nice...maybe I'll check out some more of those.
Their "extreme" liquid liners (not the glittery ones) are amazing if you like coloured liner! Extreme Blue is my favourite liquid liner pretty much ever. Opaque and smooth as hell, and lasts forever.

I would like to giving a glowing recommendation for Covergirl's Ready Set Gorgeous foundation. I received it in my latest Influenster VoxBox, and it is my new favorite foundation. The texture and finish remind me of Hourglass Imaculate foundation. I did not need to set it with powder, and it provided medium coverage. This was only my first time using it, so I'll let you all know if my opinion changes. But as of now, this is HG status for me!

Which colors did you buy?  Do you mind swatching if/when you get a chance?  I can never decide on colors!
Which colors did you buy?  Do you mind swatching if/when you get a chance?  I can never decide on colors!
I have the navy, purple, and red cranberry one. I'll try to swatch them tomorrow for you. I did an smokey eye with the navy that is posted on the FOTD.

Hey guys :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was just wondering what your favorite drugstore makeup find is!

It is honestly the best feeling to buy something for so cheap and it works like a gem, so it would be great to see some feedback on a few products you guys would repurchase so I can try them out!

I know that there are so many items that drugstores carry, but my top three would have to be Revlon's ColorStay Whipped Foundation, Sonia Kashuk's Concealer Pallette, and Eco-Tools brushes.

I can go on & on with affordable makeup, but I think it would be interesing to see different products from you guys that other people, as well as me, can be willing to try!

Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :lol:

I do love the ColorStay foundation, I  have used the regular liquid and definitely want to try it in whipped.  

I definitely love DRUG STORE products.

Some of my favorites..

- Cover Girl - Whipped Creme Foundation

I think this has been discontinued :-( Which sucks because I loved it!

- Cover Girl - Professional Remarkable Washable Waterproof Mascara

I love this because it's just enough volume, length, and color to make my eyes look madeup.. but it doesn't feel heavy or yucky on my eyes at all. It also doesn't flake off or turn black under my eyes. At the end of the day... I have no problems getting it off, washes off instantly with my regular Cetaphil face wash.

- ELF - Blush/Bronzer in St. Lucia

This is awesome ... affordable color that isn't too muddy or shimmery and I think it's only $3.00

- All the Real Technique Brushes !!!

- Any of the Revlon Color Burst - Lip Butters

Especially Pink Truffle, Cotton Candy, Lollipop, and Creme Brulee

- Maybelline - Color Elixir Lip Color

These are great.. good color payoff, not too sticky, wear evenly and don't dry out my lips. I don't have very many colors of this gloss but I really like what I've used of the line so far.

- Cover Girl - Colorlicious Lip Gloss

I have 2 of these are really like the texture and consistency. It is thin and slick but the color payoff is really good. They don't feel too sticky and glide on nicely. They also don't dry out of lips or stick to my hair!

Lots of other products I love from the drugstore but they didn't make this long list... would be my shampoo (head and shoulders Old Spice -- yes, I know! It's a mens shampoo but honestly it keeps my dandruff completely away and I can handle the smell. I've used H and S for at least 15 years.. without much deviation. 

- Cetaphil - Winter and Fall, exclusively

- ELF ... lip products, blushes, brushes, eyeshadows

- Wet - N - Wild ... Eyeshadows

- NYX ... lipglosses

- Neutrogena .. Facewash in the summer, spring, makeup removing wipes

Back